Which motherboard should i get ?

Hey, 

I'm looking to buy a new PC and i don't know which motherboard to get.

should i choose the Z790 AORUS MASTER or the ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO ?

i heard that asus build quality and warranty are bad is it true?

and dose any of this MB support 4 sticks of 7200Mhz with XMP on ? i need 64GB of ram

31 minutes ago, sagihabusha said:

Hey, 

I'm looking to buy a new PC and i don't know which motherboard to get.

should i choose the Z790 AORUS MASTER or the ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO ?

i heard that asus build quality and warranty are bad is it true?

and dose any of this MB support 4 sticks of 7200Mhz with XMP on ? i need 64GB of ram

Neither. Both, Gigabyte and Asus had a lot of issues recently. Gigabyte doesn't honor warranty in many cases, Asus does mostly honor warranty, but their boards, especially Z790 Hero had a lot of issues and many of them aren't yet fixed.

Best Z790 right now is Asrock Z790 Taichi, because it costs less than boards, such as Z790 Hero from Asus and is similar if not better, also in recent years Asrock didn't have similar issues Asus and Gigabyte did.Next best is MSI MEG Z790 ACE, but I'd argue it's not worth the money compared to taichi. EVGA Z790 CLASSIFIED is also a great board, but due to non traditional layout it's not easy to make it work in many builds. MSI MPG Z790 CARBON is also great, but again, it costs as much as Asrock Taichi and is worse. Taichi is also best overcklocking board acording to different youtubers, such as Linus and Jay. Time changes, as does brands, not that long ago I was saying don't get Asrock, get more reputable brands, such as Asus, now it's other way around 😄 

Full build plan?

Both are pretty meh, youd want a 2dimm board like the z6/790 dark if you wanna try running any decent speed especially dual rank ddr5

And no you will not get a 7200 xmp working, extremely inconsistent and with the amount of extra tuning youll need to do to actually stabilize the thing you are putting in the same effort as overclocking so you may aswell just buy a cheap 5600c46 jedec a die kit like the tforce classic and overclock to 7200

If you want high capacity go ddr4, 128gb will run at 4000 no problem

If you want speed ddr5 but you are capped to 48gb (2x24) alongside needing a 2dimm oc board for any hope of getting >6800 stable

ill just summon @RONOTHAN## cause hes got ddr5 oc experience, i only have vague knowledge of ddr5 and ddr5 oc, i havent even gotten a ddr4 platform let alone ddr5

1 hour ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Full build plan?

Both are pretty meh, youd want a 2dimm board like the z6/790 dark if you wanna try running any decent speed especially dual rank ddr5

And no you will not get a 7200 xmp working, extremely inconsistent and with the amount of extra tuning youll need to do to actually stabilize the thing you are putting in the same effort as overclocking so you may aswell just buy a cheap 5600c46 jedec a die kit like the tforce classic and overclock to 7200

If you want high capacity go ddr4, 128gb will run at 4000 no problem

If you want speed ddr5 but you are capped to 48gb (2x24) alongside needing a 2dimm oc board for any hope of getting >6800 stable

ill just summon @RONOTHAN## cause hes got ddr5 oc experience, i only have vague knowledge of ddr5 and ddr5 oc, i havent even gotten a ddr4 platform let alone ddr5

Intel i9-13900K
Gigabyte Z790 AORUS MASTER PCIE 5.0 10GB Lan WIFI 6E
AORUS WATERFORCE X 360 AIO
G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 64GB (2 x 32GB) DDR5 6800Mhz CL34
1x SSD PCIe 5 Crucial T700 2TB - Up to 12,400 MB/s 
1x SSD PCIe 4 WD 850X 4TB 
Corsair HX1200 PSU 1200W PLATINUM
4x AORUS ARGB Fans (3 Bottom + 1 Rear)
Fractal Design - Torrent RGB Black TG Light

3 minutes ago, sagihabusha said:

Wait so your plan is to just overclock it anyways?

Mate you might aswell just buy a 6000c32 kit and do the exact same thing and clock to 7200, they have the exact same ram ics, all you gotta do is just use someone elses overclock as a reference

3 minutes ago, sagihabusha said:

1x SSD PCIe 5 Crucial T700 2TB - Up to 12,400 MB/s 

And do you even need that much speed? idk about you but id rather have a dual 4tb gen4 rather than a 2tb gen5

3 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Wait so your plan is to just overclock it anyways?

Mate you might aswell just buy a 6000c32 kit and do the exact same thing and clock to 7200, they have the exact same ram ics, all you gotta do is just use someone elses overclock as a reference

And do you even need that much speed? idk about you but id rather have a dual 4tb gen4 rather than a 2tb gen5

Yeah i need it

5 hours ago, sagihabusha said:

This will not work at XMP. My general rule of thumb for what speeds work and what don't are 6400 for single rank capacities (2x16GB or 2x24 currently) and 6000 for dual rank (2x32 or 2x48). You can manually tune the higher speeds to work, but if you're going to be manually tuning it you might as well get a lower rated kit as that should perform the exact same when tuned anyway. Just get a lower spec kit, save yourself the money with a usable XMP and the same amount of effort to get it to work at 6800.

18 hours ago, RONOTHAN## said:

This will not work at XMP. My general rule of thumb for what speeds work and what don't are 6400 for single rank capacities (2x16GB or 2x24 currently) and 6000 for dual rank (2x32 or 2x48). You can manually tune the higher speeds to work, but if you're going to be manually tuning it you might as well get a lower rated kit as that should perform the exact same when tuned anyway. Just get a lower spec kit, save yourself the money with a usable XMP and the same amount of effort to get it to work at 6800.

So what RAM i need to buy?

64GB DDR5 + RGB that XMP would work fine

3 hours ago, sagihabusha said:

So what RAM i need to buy?

64GB DDR5 + RGB that XMP would work fine

Any 6000 CL30 or 32 kit should just work. They should all roughly have the same overall compatibility, so just look for whatever is cheapest currently. In the US, that kit is this: G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 64 GB (2 x 32 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Memory (F5-6000J3040G32GA2-TZ5RS) - PCPartPicker