Testing Used GPUs

Ordered an open box ASUS TUF 4070 Ti from newegg to be delivered the 21st. What software do y'all recommend I use to test it with, and what all do I need to look for regarding potential issues? How long should I run each recommended test?

Thanks in advance, guys!

2 minutes ago, Crosseyed Sniper said:

Ordered an open box ASUS TUF 4070 Ti from newegg to be delivered the 21st. What software do y'all recommend I use to test it with, and what all do I need to look for regarding potential issues? How long should I run each recommended test?

Thanks in advance, guys!

DO heavens benchmark since that runs the gpu at 100% most of the time. Try time spy and the other normal ones and see if that causes any crashes. Try doing a slight bit of overclocking too while running heavens benchmark and stuff just to push the card.

My First PC
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x
Cooler: Asus TUF Gaming LC240
Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix B550-f gaming
RAM: 4x8 GB Corsair Vengeance RS (3200 MHz, CL16)
Storage: 1tb Samsung 980 Pro
Graphics Card: Asus Dual RTX 2060 OC
Case: Deepcool Matrexx 50
Power Supply: Corsair RM650x
Headset: Razer Blackshark V2
Keyboard: Corsair K70 Pro Mini (Speed Silver switches)
Mouse: Razer Viper Mini
Only changes I have made is I sold the 2060 for $235 AUD and bought a Powercolor Red Devil 6700 XT for $400 second hand (it was barely used, think I scored a deal on Ebay with that).
I'm learning video editing and trying to get some cash as a high school student.
I like F1, my favourite team is Scuderia Ferrari and favourite driver is Charles Leclerc. Favourite track is Red Bull Ring in Austria.
Playing with a 1080p 60hz monitor right now, hoping to upgrade to a 1440p 144hz one soon.

Living in AU and that pisses me off since every event is late at night or early in the morning (almost every F1 race starts around 11 PM AEST time)

Bake it with Furmark.

This post has been ninja-edited while you weren't looking.

I'm a used parts bottom feeder.  Your loss is my gain.

I like people who tell good RGB jokes.

Dropkick it to test durability, just kidding, furmark is way to go.

Specs: Ryzen 7 5700G w/ Wraith Prism(locked at 4.2 ghz)

32 GB(4x8) Kingston HyperX Predator 3200 MHZ CL 16 RAM

Asus Prime B550M-A Wi-Fi

3 SSD(250 nVME+480+250)

Cooler Master H500 w/ 750W +80 Bronze PSU

MSI GTX 670 Jurassic Park edition(i don't know the model name it is just as old as a dinosaur)

Don't forget to test the card in real games as well not just synthetics. Test it in games you plan to play it in and some demanding ones. Had a card that only artifacted in live games and took me by surprise as it ran flawlessly in benchmarking software and was within expected %.

Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X3D - Kraken X62 Rev 2 - STRIX X470-I - 3600MHz 32GB Kingston Fury - 250GB 970 Evo boot - 2x 500GB 860 Evo - 1TB P3 - 4TB HDD - RX6800 - RMx 750 W 80+ Gold - Manta - Silent Wings Pro 4's enjoyer

SetupZowie XL2740 27.0" 240hz - Roccat Burt Pro Corsair K70 LUX browns - PC38X - Mackie CR5X's

Current build on PCPartPicker

4 hours ago, PcBeExpensive said:

DO heavens benchmark since that runs the gpu at 100% most of the time. Try time spy and the other normal ones and see if that causes any crashes. Try doing a slight bit of overclocking too while running heavens benchmark and stuff just to push the card.

Heaven is already superseded by Superposition. It has a proper DX12 support, VR mode, and its even more punishing to keep up with modern graphics card improvement. There's no reason to run Heaven nor Valley unless if you cant afford the 1.5GB installation size.

Add in MSI Kombustor, multiple titles you actually play like @venomtail mention (this would also help to rule in settings that are better for you whether competitively or in quality), and hey, add in stupidly low demanding titles like Roblox (Roblox uses 60fps hard cap unmodified so youre going to have to use rbxfpsunlocker) or Minecraft. This might be stupid but i have a 1660Ti that wont coil whine on a lot of heavy titles but does so in low demand titles.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

12 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

Heaven is already superseded by Superposition. It has a proper DX12 support, VR mode, and its even more punishing to keep up with modern graphics card improvement. There's no reason to run Heaven nor Valley unless if you cant afford the 1.5GB installation size.

Add in MSI Kombustor, multiple titles you actually play like @venomtail mention (this would also help to rule in settings that are better for you whether competitively or in quality), and hey, add in stupidly low demanding titles like Roblox (Roblox uses 60fps hard cap unmodified so youre going to have to use rbxfpsunlocker) or Minecraft. This might be stupid but i have a 1660Ti that wont coil whine on a lot of heavy titles but does so in low demand titles.

Never heard of superposition so thank you. Also never heard of MSI kombustor, these are two things im downloading on my PC now.

My First PC
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x
Cooler: Asus TUF Gaming LC240
Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix B550-f gaming
RAM: 4x8 GB Corsair Vengeance RS (3200 MHz, CL16)
Storage: 1tb Samsung 980 Pro
Graphics Card: Asus Dual RTX 2060 OC
Case: Deepcool Matrexx 50
Power Supply: Corsair RM650x
Headset: Razer Blackshark V2
Keyboard: Corsair K70 Pro Mini (Speed Silver switches)
Mouse: Razer Viper Mini
Only changes I have made is I sold the 2060 for $235 AUD and bought a Powercolor Red Devil 6700 XT for $400 second hand (it was barely used, think I scored a deal on Ebay with that).
I'm learning video editing and trying to get some cash as a high school student.
I like F1, my favourite team is Scuderia Ferrari and favourite driver is Charles Leclerc. Favourite track is Red Bull Ring in Austria.
Playing with a 1080p 60hz monitor right now, hoping to upgrade to a 1440p 144hz one soon.

Living in AU and that pisses me off since every event is late at night or early in the morning (almost every F1 race starts around 11 PM AEST time)

Thanks again, guys! Much appreciated! GPU supposed to be here tomorrow sometime, and when I have time, I will run some tests on it. And of course, play some games. I'll update how it all goes. May even pop back in with a question or two.