Why does my fan make so much noise?

1 minute ago, Hinjima said:

RIP fan bearing. Why and what can I do to fix it?:  Buy a new fan.

Oh okay fair enough. Would it be a problem if I continued to use this one, if I can live with the noise problem?

1 minute ago, Emil_Loenneberg SE said:

Oh okay fair enough. Would it be a problem if I continued to use this one, if I can live with the noise problem?

Maybe, maybe not.  Never know what might happen but it should run for a while like this I guess.  I see you have no intake fans so this is the only fan in your case. 
Personally I would unplug it and just run with the sidepanel off.

1 minute ago, Hinjima said:

Maybe, maybe not.  Never know what might happen but it should run for a while like this I guess.  I see you have no intake fans so this is the only fan in your case. 
Personally I would unplug it and just run with the sidepanel off.

Fair enough. Thank you so much for your help sir!!

Just now, Emil_Loenneberg SE said:

Fair enough. Thank you so much for your help sir!!

No Problem.  Fans can be bought very cheap now'a'days so having it replaced shouldn't cost you more than a couple of bucks. Might even get one for free at a computer repair shop if you are willing to look around.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002YFP8BK?tag=pcpapi-20&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1

Just now, Hinjima said:

No Problem.  Fans can be bought very cheap now'a'days so having it replaced shouldn't cost you more than a couple of bucks. Might even get one for free at a computer repair shop if you are willing to look around.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002YFP8BK?tag=pcpapi-20&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1

Oh yeah I should do that, but I just don't know how to replace one lol and I'm kinda scared of fucking up. My friend built this for me, and he moved away 4 hours now lol.

2 minutes ago, Emil_Loenneberg SE said:

Oh yeah I should do that, but I just don't know how to replace one lol and I'm kinda scared of fucking up. My friend built this for me, and he moved away 4 hours now lol.

Understandable.  Replacing a case fan is actually one of the simplest thing you can do.  Turn the PC off ( also the power supply ) , follow the wire from the fan to where its connected to the motherboard, carefully unplug it, unscrew the fan, screw in the new fan and connect the cable to the connector on the motherboard. a 1-2 min job max. The chance of messing something up replacing a normal case fan is extremely low, you are mostly working with the steel on the case and not the components like CPU, RAM etc.

You can take the sticker off and put in a drop of light machine oil / 0-w20 synthetic car oil. It will quiet down a sleeve bearing fan for a while (maybe 3-6 months). If it gets noisy, you can repeat…but the bearing is dying and lubrication will only do so much for so long.

5 minutes ago, Emil_Loenneberg SE said:

9 minutes ago, Hinjima said:

Understandable.  Replacing a case fan is actually one of the simplest thing you can do.  Turn the PC off ( also the power supply ) , follow the wire from the fan to where its connected to the motherboard, carefully unplug it, unscrew the fan, screw in the new fan and connect the cable to the connector on the motherboard. a 1-2 min job max. The chance of messing something up replacing a normal case fan is extremely low, you are mostly working with the steel on the case and not the components like CPU, RAM etc.

Arh okay. Thank you so much. I'm gonna do this 

8 minutes ago, Whatisthis said:

You can take the sticker off and put in a drop of light machine oil / 0-w20 synthetic car oil. It will quiet down a sleeve bearing fan for a while (maybe 3-6 months). If it gets noisy, you can repeat…but the bearing is dying and lubrication will only do so much for so long.

okay thanks. I'm gonna buy a new fan.

1 minute ago, Emil_Loenneberg SE said:

Arh okay. Thank you so much. I'm gonna do this 

No Problem!  Are you located in Sweden btw? Your name 🙂  If you require any assistance you can DM me here on the forum as well.

Just now, Hinjima said:

No Problem!  Are you located in Sweden btw? Your name 🙂  If you require any assistance you can DM me here on the forum as well.

Yes I am actually hahahah. And thank you so much!! This forum is amazing

6 minutes ago, Emil_Loenneberg SE said:

Yes I am actually hahahah. And thank you so much!! This forum is amazing

Both of these will do very well. Should last many many years.  Can't really find very cheap case fans here in Scandinavia 😄 I live in Norway and the prices are crazy.

https://www.amazon.se/ARCTIC-P12-120-hölje-optimerad-statiskt/dp/B07GB16RK7/ref=sr_1_6?crid=3J6UH6YP09WS&keywords=fläkt+120mm&qid=1687128868&refinements=p_36%3A4000-12000&rnid=20708387031&sprefix=fläkt+%2Caps%2C93&sr=8-6

https://www.komplett.se/product/1167848/datorutrustning/datorkomponenter/kylningvattenkylning/flakt/phanteks-sk-120-pwm-flakt-svart