AMD gaming/streaming config

Parideboy

Budget (including currency): ~2000€

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Gaming primarily, probably some streaming too

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Hi everyone, I haven't paid attention to the latest and greatest and I'm going to need your help on this one 😅

I'm upgrading from the build in my signature that has been upgraded over the years. I'm mostly CPU limited in multiplayer games (such as Fortnite, cod) and GPU limited in single-player ones.

I've been playing Ghostwire Tokio lately, averaging 80ish to 120ish fps on 2k with everything cranked to the bare minimum.

I'm looking to play at 4k@144hz but it doesn't have to be at max settings. I'm willing to sacrifice some graphical fidelity for smoothness.

I would like to salvage everything I can from my existing system. Case, cooler, storage, and hopefully psu even tho I assume 650w isn't going to cut it.

I think I will be going amd with this one since I can upgrade the CPU later in the future if it doesn't fit my needs anymore.

Motherboard: Literally no clue. I would like to have some fun with overclocking/undervolting, but nothing to extreme. I don't have any fancy needs, besides some solid vrm. A good b650 should be fine, but which one?

CPU: 7600x? 7700?

GPU: I probably need at least 12gb of vram, maybe 16? The nvenc encoder is a nice plus, but it's not a deal breaker for me. I'm open to considering even Intel if it makes sense in my build.

I don't have any preference on board partners either (besides the gigabyte debacle), I'm not aware of any flaws with specific graphics cards

STORAGE: I really want to try an nvme drive finally. Doesn't have to be anything fancy

RAM: Right now I have 32gb and it's plenty for what I'm doing. 2x16 should be the right choice, since going any lower would feel like a downgrade for me

CASE: I would like to use my define r5, I don't see any clearance issues.

PSU: Depends on the gpu I think. With a 4080 and a 7600 I should barely fit it.
COOLER: the nh-d15 should be ok. I have the am4 version tho, do I need to buy an am5 mounting kit?

I was thinking of something like this:
https://it.pcpartpicker.com/list/BzcJsL

What do you think?
Thanks in advance for your feedback

MOTHERBOARD: ASRock H97 Pro4 CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 @3.30 Ghz Intel Xeon E3-1271v3 @4.00 Ghz RAM: 32Gb (4x8Gb) Kingstone HyperX Fury DDR3@1600 Mhz (9-9-9-27)

GPU: MSI 390 8Gb Gaming Edition PSU: XFX TS 650w Bronze Enermax Revolution D.F. 650w 80+ Gold MOUSE: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum KEYBOARD: Monokey Standard Suave Blue

STORAGE: SSD Samsung EVO 850 250Gb // HDD WD Green 1Tb // HDD WD Blue 4Tb // HDD WD Blue 160Gb CASE: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed OS: Windows 11 Pro x64 Bit

MONITORS: Samsung CFG7 C24FG7xFQ @144hz // Samsung SyncMaster TA350 LT23A350 @60hz Samsung Odyssey G7 COOLER: Noctua NH-D15

Bro if you're aiming for 4k 144hz, you want to shell out a lot more coin than a 7600x/7700x based system is worth

6 minutes ago, Parideboy said:

Budget (including currency): ~2000€

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Gaming primarily, probably some streaming too

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Hi everyone, I haven't paid attention to the latest and greatest and I'm going to need your help on this one 😅

I'm upgrading from the build in my signature that has been upgraded over the years. I'm mostly CPU limited in multiplayer games (such as Fortnite, cod) and GPU limited in single-player ones.

I've been playing Ghostwire Tokio lately, averaging 80ish to 120ish fps on 2k with everything cranked to the bare minimum.

I'm looking to play at 4k@144hz but it doesn't have to be at max settings. I'm willing to sacrifice some graphical fidelity for smoothness.

I would like to salvage everything I can from my existing system. Case, cooler, storage, and hopefully psu even tho I assume 650w isn't going to cut it.

I think I will be going amd with this one since I can upgrade the CPU later in the future if it doesn't fit my needs anymore.

Motherboard: Literally no clue. I would like to have some fun with overclocking/undervolting, but nothing to extreme. I don't have any fancy needs, besides some solid vrm. A good b650 should be fine, but which one?

CPU: 7600x? 7700?

GPU: I probably need at least 12gb of vram, maybe 16? The nvenc encoder is a nice plus, but it's not a deal breaker for me. I'm open to considering even Intel if it makes sense in my build.

I don't have any preference on board partners either (besides the gigabyte debacle), I'm not aware of any flaws with specific graphics cards

STORAGE: I really want to try an nvme drive finally. Doesn't have to be anything fancy

RAM: Right now I have 32gb and it's plenty for what I'm doing. 2x16 should be the right choice, since going any lower would feel like a downgrade for me

CASE: I would like to use my define r5, I don't see any clearance issues.

PSU: Depends on the gpu I think. With a 4080 and a 7600 I should barely fit it.
COOLER: the nh-d15 should be ok. I have the am4 version tho, do I need to buy an am5 mounting kit?

I was thinking of something like this:
https://it.pcpartpicker.com/list/BzcJsL

What do you think?
Thanks in advance for your feedback

It's an ok build

I'd get a DP AK620 cooler for 75EUR i/io the 110EUR Noctua, rest is ok.

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

21 minutes ago, CompletelyNormalHumanGuy said:

Bro if you're aiming for 4k 144hz, you want to shell out a lot more coin than a 7600x/7700x based system is worth

What would you suggest?

20 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

It's an ok build

I'd get a DP AK620 cooler for 75EUR i/io the 110EUR Noctua, rest is ok.

Thanks, I just added the noctua to check compatibility, I already have it in my current system.

Do you have any other suggestions?

MOTHERBOARD: ASRock H97 Pro4 CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 @3.30 Ghz Intel Xeon E3-1271v3 @4.00 Ghz RAM: 32Gb (4x8Gb) Kingstone HyperX Fury DDR3@1600 Mhz (9-9-9-27)

GPU: MSI 390 8Gb Gaming Edition PSU: XFX TS 650w Bronze Enermax Revolution D.F. 650w 80+ Gold MOUSE: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum KEYBOARD: Monokey Standard Suave Blue

STORAGE: SSD Samsung EVO 850 250Gb // HDD WD Green 1Tb // HDD WD Blue 4Tb // HDD WD Blue 160Gb CASE: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed OS: Windows 11 Pro x64 Bit

MONITORS: Samsung CFG7 C24FG7xFQ @144hz // Samsung SyncMaster TA350 LT23A350 @60hz Samsung Odyssey G7 COOLER: Noctua NH-D15

1 hour ago, CompletelyNormalHumanGuy said:

The 7600x and 7700x are both really good at gaming and at 4k the gpu matters way more so unless they can afford to upgrade the cpu without having to get a cheaper gpu I would prioritize the gpu for sure. 

7 hours ago, Brooksie359 said:

The 7600x and 7700x are both really good at gaming and at 4k the gpu matters way more so unless they can afford to upgrade the cpu without having to get a cheaper gpu I would prioritize the gpu for sure. 

That was my thought process, I think I'm going to order the components in the following days