Is XFX Speedster SWFT 309 Radeon RX 6700 10 GB worth?

Go to solution Solved by filpo,
11 minutes ago, Zakolichoo said:

I am making new computer build and I am looking for a graphic card to include. After searching a little I chose Sapphire Radeon RX 6650 XT Pulse Gaming OC 8GB because of it relatively low cost in my currency and also it matching Ryzen 5 5600 I want to include in my build. But in a little higher price I also found XFX Speedster SWFT 309 Radeon RX 6700 which in difference to RX 6650 has 10 GB of VRAM instead of 8 GB. As I watched few videos on youtube some people say that 8 GB is fairly enough for gaming in 2023 but more VRAM will be needed in future. So is this 2 GB of VRAM worth investing and sacrificing a little boost clock speed (210 MHz in favor of RX 6650)? Also on one site I saw that Sapphire RX6650 uses PCI Express 4.0 x 8 instead of PCI Express 4.0 x 16, does it visibly decrase performance?  Maybe someone know any experiences about these cards and would like to share them with me, feel free to comment and suggest!

Depends, if it’s 30 bucks or so then yes. If it’s 50 or more then no 

I am making new computer build and I am looking for a graphic card to include. After searching a little I chose Sapphire Radeon RX 6650 XT Pulse Gaming OC 8GB because of it relatively low cost in my currency and also it matching Ryzen 5 5600 I want to include in my build. But in a little higher price I also found XFX Speedster SWFT 309 Radeon RX 6700 which in difference to RX 6650 has 10 GB of VRAM instead of 8 GB. As I watched few videos on youtube some people say that 8 GB is fairly enough for gaming in 2023 but more VRAM will be needed in future. So is this 2 GB of VRAM worth investing and sacrificing a little boost clock speed (210 MHz in favor of RX 6650)? Also on one site I saw that Sapphire RX6650 uses PCI Express 4.0 x 8 instead of PCI Express 4.0 x 16, does it visibly decrase performance?  Maybe someone know any experiences about these cards and would like to share them with me, feel free to comment and suggest!

5 minutes ago, Zakolichoo said:

whats the price difference?

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

11 minutes ago, Zakolichoo said:

Depends, if it’s 30 bucks or so then yes. If it’s 50 or more then no 

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

By the way, any opinions about RX 7600 instead of RX 6650? I saw performance on both was pretty much the same, framerates were a little higher on RX 7600 tho. Worth spending 25 dollars more for that?

• 2 weeks later...

well if you didnt buy yet, my 6800xt went to rma, i bought one xfx 6700 10gb and what i can say is an awsome card, even get you playable fps on 4k.  honestly  it  cost me 299 euros, 6800xt costs 550-600 euros, to be honest with you doesnt worth the difference. i play mainly cod on 1440p and it gives me the same game experience as 6800xt did. 4k well need to do few tweaks to get same gaming experience. 
id say the difference should be around 15 to 20% tops even comparing to my other pc with one 3080 on it. 
on the top of that this card has some vodoo on power, it only takes around 135W instead of 300+ in that range of price is by far the best buy i seen

3 minutes ago, Nets said:

well if you didnt buy yet, my 6800xt went to rma, i bought one xfx 6700 10gb and what i can say is an awsome card, even get you playable fps on 4k.  to be honest it  cost me 299 euros, 6800xt costs 550-600 euros, to be honest with you doesnt worth the difference. i play mainly cod on 1440p and it gives me the same game experience as 6800xt did. 4k well need to do few tweaks to get same gaming experience. 
id say the difference should be around 15 to 20% tops even comparing to my other pc with one 3080 on it. 
on the top of that this card has some vodoo on power, it only takes around 135W instead of 300+ in that range of price is by far the best buy i seen

Was the 6800xt from XFX? If so, which version?

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂

1 minute ago, RevGAM said:

Was the 6800xt from XFX? If so, which version?

no, was a red devil 

wish it was xfx, assemble one to a friend and has less power consumption and also the hotspot is 10 degrees lower

55 minutes ago, Nets said:

wish it was xfx, assemble one to a friend and has less power consumption and also the hotspot is 10 degrees lower

I had the swft 319 6800xt. Had to Rma twice, then they sent me the merc instead. There's a tiny driver problem but other than that, it's fine. 

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂

43 minutes ago, RevGAM said:

I had the swft 319 6800xt. Had to Rma twice, then they sent me the merc instead. There's a tiny driver problem but other than that, it's fine. 

Yes the merc and asus tuf/strix  for what iv seen are the best ones 

On 6/28/2023 at 1:31 PM, Nets said:

well if you didnt buy yet, my 6800xt went to rma, i bought one xfx 6700 10gb and what i can say is an awsome card, even get you playable fps on 4k.  honestly  it  cost me 299 euros, 6800xt costs 550-600 euros, to be honest with you doesnt worth the difference. i play mainly cod on 1440p and it gives me the same game experience as 6800xt did. 4k well need to do few tweaks to get same gaming experience. 

Hey! Yeah, I've got some time to consider it, I will buy my new build in August, so there's still some time to look around. Earlier I was looking between 6650 TX and XFX 6700, but as I looked at market, 6700 XT comes as great value to me, If somehow prices drop even lower I think I will get it, 12 GB VRAM seems like good investment into future. At first I wanted my build to last minimum 2 years, but with 12 Gigs I think It can be even 3 or 4. Btw, are you on AMD or Intel processor? 

2 hours ago, Zakolichoo said:

Hey! Yeah, I've got some time to consider it, I will buy my new build in August, so there's still some time to look around. Earlier I was looking between 6650 TX and XFX 6700, but as I looked at market, 6700 XT comes as great value to me, If somehow prices drop even lower I think I will get it, 12 GB VRAM seems like good investment into future. At first I wanted my build to last minimum 2 years, but with 12 Gigs I think It can be even 3 or 4. Btw, are you on AMD or Intel processor? 

Yes also great The 6700xt i went for normal one because on my country  the 6700 Costs under 300 and the 6700xt/6750xt costs near 400 Thats why. My cpu is Ryzen 9 5900x. If u go for a new build get Ryzen and make sure you get a good motherboard because you Will be able to place future gen cpu get the 7600x on a x670e motherboard, save some money and in 2025 tou place the best cpu you can on that motherboard. 

I got this exact RX6700 from best buy back in March and it works perfectly in my case. Its performance is on par with RX7600 with 2 more gigs of VRAM. This card is pretty much overkill for 1080p. I can max out the AAA titles and still got 90-160 fps. The extra vram is very helpful when playing TLOU. However RX6700 is a rebranding crypto mining card so the price can fluctuate depending on the supply. If it's cheaper than 7600, I will def choose 6700.

• 4 months later...

it Old thread but i have same model , beast for 1080p.

i'd rather spend little more (20$ max) and get the rx 12gb to enjoy 2k

ps: NOT advisable if you have Micro ATX Mobo , the gpu too big that SATA connectors almost impossible to plug in.

On 7/1/2023 at 7:15 PM, dinnerhe said:

I got this exact RX6700 from best buy back in March and it works perfectly in my case. Its performance is on par with RX7600 with 2 more gigs of VRAM. This card is pretty much overkill for 1080p. I can max out the AAA titles and still got 90-160 fps. The extra vram is very helpful when playing TLOU. However RX6700 is a rebranding crypto mining card so the price can fluctuate depending on the supply. If it's cheaper than 7600, I will def choose 6700.

it better to undervolt it and use custom fan speed , i can give you my setup if you want (at least for fan to make sure it never gets hot)