I5-10400F is 90-100% loaded whereas I5-9400F from another guy on youtube hits 60-70% only :(

Go to solution Solved by Catoffeine,

UPD: So I've got new 32GB RAM and it works just fine. Now CPU is only 20% loaded whereas it was around 90-100%. Other games now work a lot, A LOT better, there are no stutters or something like that ._.

It's just unbelievable how RAM can change things in such a way...

Here are some screenshots from the game "Jusant", where my gpu can't load up to 100% (it does from time to time, but not always).

What's more sad is that my CPU is 90-100% loaded, which is really sad. It happens in other games too like "Outer Wilds".

My setup:
GPU: RTX 2060 Super

CPU: I5-10400F

Motherboard: MSI H470M K

RAM: 1x 8gb and 1x 4gb (I don't know the frequency, but in cpu-z it's 1033 mhz)

game is installed on ssd sata

as a result i get only 40-50 fps whereas another guy on youtube with I5-9400F gets 60fps and cpu is only 60% loaded.

image_2023-06-13_17-54-40.png

image_2023-06-13_17-56-34.png

First and foremost would be your ram setup is really not great. I mean 2100 mhz ram is super slow. Also without game settings and what other hardware the i5 9400f system is running it would be incredibly hard to know what the issue is. 

1 hour ago, Brooksie359 said:

First and foremost would be your ram setup is really not great. I mean 2100 mhz ram is super slow. Also without game settings and what other hardware the i5 9400f system is running it would be incredibly hard to know what the issue is. 

here is the video, you can check up the setup, I have tested with the same settings in the game.

1 hour ago, Brooksie359 said:

Acutally, I have only two slots for RAM. Will it be better if I buy one 16gb 2666mhz instead of what I have now? 

1 minute ago, Catoffeine said:

Acutally, I have only two slots for RAM. Will it be better if I buy one 16gb 2666mhz instead of what I have now? 

I mean I am unsure if it is worth investing in ram at this point. That is more of a mistake made when building the pc that isn't worth the cost it would take to fix it for the performance you would get. I mean you would get a 2x8gb kit ideally with a decent speed and Cas latency but I doubt it would be worth it to go buy such a kit at this point unless you were having some serious issues with not having enough ram. I think this is more of an issue that you would live with and just save up money for a system upgrade rather than investing any further into your current build. 

2 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

I mean I am unsure if it is worth investing in ram at this point. That is more of a mistake made when building the pc that isn't worth the cost it would take to fix it for the performance you would get. I mean you would get a 2x8gb kit ideally with a decent speed and Cas latency but I doubt it would be worth it to go buy such a kit at this point unless you were having some serious issues with not having enough ram. I think this is more of an issue that you would live with and just save up money for a system upgrade rather than investing any further into your current build. 

But what is exactly wrong with my system?( Is it a motherboard or cpu? In general I have troubles in all games and it's all about stuttering in catscenes and transitions between locations and it's really crazy sometimes. So, should I upgrade motherboard with RAM or just buy 8x2 RAM and it should be, like, enough for now?(

15 minutes ago, Catoffeine said:

But what is exactly wrong with my system?( Is it a motherboard or cpu? In general I have troubles in all games and it's all about stuttering in catscenes and transitions between locations and it's really crazy sometimes. So, should I upgrade motherboard with RAM or just buy 8x2 RAM and it should be, like, enough for now?(

Well what is your ran usage like in game? If you are page filing then that would cause stutters but there are other things that could cause that as well so first I would look at your ram usage in game and see if that is an issue. 

40 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

Well what is your ran usage like in game? If you are page filing then that would cause stutters but there are other things that could cause that as well so first I would look at your ram usage in game and see if that is an issue. 

Well, the ram usage can't be more than the number of one you have now in the pc. So, how to determine if the problem is in ram for sure?

1 hour ago, Catoffeine said:

Well, the ram usage can't be more than the number of one you have now in the pc. So, how to determine if the problem is in ram for sure?

What do you mean? If you are at like 90% ram usage then you are running out of ram. 

memory is limiting you; you only have 8gb in dual channel and the other 4gb is running flex which can in of itself cause some issues.

get a proper 2x8 16gb ddr 3200kit (will only run at 2666 on a locked board, but 3200 is plentiful and cheaper usually since it's so common). In the USA they are like $25-35

https://www.amazon.com/Silicon-Power-3200MHz-PC4-25600-288-Pin/dp/B0924LFB3Z

$5 more for better latency and cooler looking heat spreader

https://www.amazon.com/Silicon-Power-3200MHz-Heatsink-SP016GXLZU320BDAJ5/dp/B08QV1V17R

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

24 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

What do you mean? If you are at like 90% ram usage then you are running out of ram. 

ohh well, so it turns out that I'm short on RAM....

23 minutes ago, Mister Woof said:

memory is limiting you; you only have 8gb in dual channel and the other 4gb is running flex which can in of itself cause some issues.

get a proper 2x8 16gb ddr 3200kit (will only run at 2666 on a locked board, but 3200 is plentiful and cheaper usually since it's so common). In the USA they are like $25-35

https://www.amazon.com/Silicon-Power-3200MHz-PC4-25600-288-Pin/dp/B0924LFB3Z

$5 more for better latency and cooler looking heat spreader

https://www.amazon.com/Silicon-Power-3200MHz-Heatsink-SP016GXLZU320BDAJ5/dp/B08QV1V17R

I ordered 2x16 32gb fury beast 3200mhz, I hope it will help me a little bit....

• 4 weeks later...

UPD: So I've got new 32GB RAM and it works just fine. Now CPU is only 20% loaded whereas it was around 90-100%. Other games now work a lot, A LOT better, there are no stutters or something like that ._.

It's just unbelievable how RAM can change things in such a way...