Aluminium + copper loop

Hey!

I am a total beginner and messed up with my custom loop. I bought water parts from this one local craigslist seller and thought everything would be nice and compatible. Some of the parts were brand new as well.

So I thought nothing and built my loop. Turns out, I now have mixed aluminium and copper. The 2 rads are 360mm x 27mm aluminium, while my CPU and GPU blocks are copper. I’ve been running this system for a week now, no issues and the temps are good. Am I f*ked though? I was thinking about swapping my rads to copper asap..

Fuel used: EK cryofuel clear, says atleast in the description that is has some anti-corrosion additives, but from what I’ve read so far, it’s not enough?

It can work, like you see in every single AiO... I once had to refill an AiO and just used EK Cryofuel for that and it worked fine for years... BUT, galvanic corrosion is a thing and it might impact the performance, especially of the rads and in the worse case it can lead to leaks... If you can I would sell the rads on eBay and buy proper copper ones...

35 minutes ago, _Omega_ said:

If you can I would sell the rads

Noone wanna buy a recently corroded radiator. Even with long wash theyll still corrode.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

Swapping to 280mm x 45mm copper rads. Only ran the aluminium rads for a week, have I potentially damaged my blocks now? Or will I be fine if I flush my system and swap to copper rads?

Flush fluid, run distilled water through everything, then replace with a good coolant. You'll be fine.

i would swap them with copper rads ASAP, unless ya wanna run high glycol ratio coolant (ie car coolant)

cheap rads are bykski CR-RD360RC-TN-V2 or barrow dabel-20b

remember to flush them

Ryzen 5700x + EK Supremacy D-RGB | 2x8 GB DDR4 Klevv 3200 MT/s | MSI B550M Mortar | Palit 3070 GamingPro LHR + Bykski N-PT3070PRO-X | Corsair RM750 | Alphacool EPDM + QDC | Aquacomputer Quadro + HighFlow2 | EK D5 XTOP | Freezemod 360 30mm rad + Barrow Dabel-20b 360 20mm | Barrow & Freezemod fittings | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Audio: beyerdynamic DT 900 Pro X + iFi ZEN Air DAC + Razer Seiren Mini