First PC Bulid

Budget (including currency): $2,000 USD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: ATM Minecraft, ROBLOX, BeamNG, Switch emulator. I'm planning on getting heavier games and even some heavy shaders for Minecraft. 

Other details

Part Picker list upgrading

i5-2400      --> i5-13600k

1050 Ti       --> 4070 Ti

20 GB ram --> 64 GB

500 GB      --> 2 TB storage

I have 2 1080p monitors. one ill be running 60 and the other 165. I'm hoping on replacing my main with a higher resolution one in the future.

I'm hoping to get this within the next week or 2.

I've put the parts list though some friends and they have helped me adjust the parts list to this.

No peripherals are needed.

I'm going to wat for the GPU to get back in stock at best buy so its $100 less.

my main concern is if the parts list looks fine. I don't care how overkill this is with the games I currently play.

Just now, Dat_One_Guy said:

i5-2400 --> i5-13600k

1050 Ti --> 4070 Ti

20 GB ram --> 64 GB

500 GB --> 2 TB storage

I have 2 1080p monitors. one ill be running 60 and the other 165. I'm hoping on replacing my main with a higher resolution one in the future.

I've put the parts list though some friends and they have helped me adjust the parts list to this.

my main concern is if the parts list looks fine. I don't care how overkill this is with the games I currently play.

You don't need 64 gigs. 32 will be good

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/mgh2tn

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.2 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($439.00 @ Newegg) 
CPU Cooler: Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB 66.17 CFM CPU Cooler  ($36.90 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: MSI MAG B650 TOMAHAWK WIFI ATX AM5 Motherboard  ($219.99 @ Best Buy) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-5600 CL28 Memory  ($114.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($129.99 @ Adorama) 
Video Card: XFX Speedster MERC 310 Radeon RX 7900 XT 20 GB Video Card  ($785.59 @ Amazon) 
Case: Lian Li LANCOOL 216 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($109.99 @ B&H) 
Power Supply: Thermaltake TOUGHPOWER GF A3 1050 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($169.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $2006.44
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2023-06-09 10:50 EDT-0400

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

My previous recommendation is still viable.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

You can easily get a 7900xtx with this budget, and the Nitro+ is an excellent cooler:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7700X 4.5 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($315.08 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB 66.17 CFM CPU Cooler  ($36.90 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte B650 GAMING X AX ATX AM5 Motherboard  ($179.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: TEAMGROUP T-Force Vulcan 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-5600 CL32 Memory  ($84.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Crucial P5 Plus 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($122.49 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Sapphire NITRO+ Radeon RX 7900 XTX 24 GB Video Card  ($950.00 @ Amazon) 
Case: Deepcool CG560 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($69.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Super Flower Leadex V Platinum Pro 1000 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($159.99 @ Newegg Sellers) 
Total: $1919.43
Generated by PCPartPicker 2023-06-09 13:41 EDT-0400

I edit the shit out of my posts.  Refresh before you respond.

3 hours ago, Dat_One_Guy said:

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: ATM Minecraft, ROBLOX, BeamNG, Switch emulator. I'm planning on getting heavier games and even some heavy shaders for Minecraft. 

Other details

20 GB ram --> 64 GB

some parts in your list doesn't make sense to me. 

e.g. gigabyte eagle is usually their MSRP card, not the premium tier, and theres much cheaper MSRP cards.

i know ddr5 is troublesome with raptor lake, but the performance you leave on the table with ddr4 would be too much for me at 2k$. given that 2 dimms are more stable than 4 dimms, I would personally chose 2x32 D5 instead, and price has came down to justifiable levels.

you don't really need thermal paste, the cooler you bought will come with some. difference probably not that big.

The case has slightly cheaper white version (which i actually prefer but its a taste thing), or 40$ cheaper non-rgb version, which is the one i'd get.

the PCIE5 + ATX3.0 market is already here, ppl is still stuck on PSU with (2021) behind them, don't do that when the GPU comes with that new power connector. as a bonus, in pcpartpicker with "PCIE 12+4-PIN 12VHPWR CONNECTORS" set to 1-2 instead of 0-2, I SEE LITERALLY NO TRASH PSUs, they are ALL GOOD VALUE, so you can literally pick a wattage and buy any of them really.

PCPP list with above changes: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/8BNsyK

cooler: peerless assassin is worth the 7$ extra, also it cost more to remove the rgb... thats why i chose the rgb version.

other than 4070 ti available for much cheaper, and not using the actually quite good latest PSUs, i see nothing really wrong.

it was hard chosing the ram, i just picked something that looked like it had fairly good gb/$ and freq/timing, but you can also get 7200cl32 now, for double the gb/$. check out hwub on d5 scaling https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XW2rubC5oCY

the funny thing is d5 version of the msi board you picked is actually cheaper. 

also, there's not much review on z790 motherboards yet, so again the motherboard pick is a shot in the dark. that goes for z790 d4 too. i usually trust hwub as they give detailed info on vrm configuration and temperatures, and reports on any problem they find with each board. what i chose looks decent to me.

so yea, just get an idea of d4 d5 tradeoffs in cost performance and see if you'd like to switch over. 

oh and i set it to 13600kf instead of 13600k, honestly for 10$ i would chose 13600k too.

3 hours ago, Dat_One_Guy said:

Other details

20 GB ram --> 64 GB

32GB of RAM should be plenty, and you definitely want a better air cpu cooler. You should also do a 1TB & 2TB combo for the storage. The 1TB being for your boot drive, and the 2TB for most/all of the games.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/FmrwTn

CPU: Intel Core i5-13600K 3.5 GHz 14-Core Processor  ($299.99 @ Newegg) 
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black 55 CFM CPU Cooler  ($89.95 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: MSI MAG B760 TOMAHAWK WIFI ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  ($199.95 @ Amazon) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-5600 CL36 Memory  ($92.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Western Digital Black SN770 1 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($45.90 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Western Digital Black SN770 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($99.00 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: MSI GAMING X TRIO GeForce RTX 4070 Ti 12 GB Video Card  ($814.99 @ B&H) 
Case: Fractal Design Pop Air RGB ATX Mid Tower Case  ($89.99 @ B&H) 
Power Supply: Corsair RM850x (2021) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($149.99 @ Best Buy) 
$1882.75

Am I still to create the perfect system?! ~ Clu

Keep your expectations low, boy, and you will never be disappointed. ~ Kratos

i felt like a lot of people were going to recommend going to 32 gigs but i had some friends recommend just going 64 cause why not. is the part list fine as in there should be no major bottlenecks. i would like to stick with intel and nividia for those parts. i don’t really care for what’s cheaper and better and would like to know that the parts will work fine together.

21 minutes ago, Dat_One_Guy said:

i felt like a lot of people were going to recommend going to 32 gigs but i had some friends recommend just going 64 cause why not. is the part list fine as in there should be no major bottlenecks. i would like to stick with intel and nividia for those parts. i don’t really care for what’s cheaper and better and would like to know that the parts will work fine together.

• The cpu cooler you listed is insufficient for that cpu. A couple of selections from Noctua and Deepcool would be far better.
  • 64GB of RAM just doesn't make sense. You can allocate the funds to the other parts of the build.
  • I did recommend intel and nvidia, but a better case. The case you listed doesn't have enough fans, and I'm sure the RGB control is terrible. It seems to be a popular case, to be sure, but I wouldn't recommend it.

• It's too over the place. You have subpar parts on one side of the list, and way overkill on the other.
  • I would still recommend the 1TB & 2TB SSD combo. You'll want a lot more storage for your games.
  • 32GB is actually somewhat overkill right now. 64GB is if you're doing production work, heavy on the video editing side (even then, better gpu is better than more RAM), etc.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/chsvH2

53 minutes ago, GeorgeMKane said:
  • The cpu cooler you listed is insufficient for that cpu. A couple of selections from Noctua and Deepcool would be far better.
  • 64GB of RAM just doesn't make sense. You can allocate the funds to the other parts of the build.
  • I did recommend intel and nvidia, but a better case. The case you listed doesn't have enough fans, and I'm sure the RGB control is terrible. It seems to be a popular case, to be sure, but I wouldn't recommend it.
  • It's too over the place. You have subpar parts on one side of the list, and way overkill on the other.
  • I would still recommend the 1TB & 2TB SSD combo. You'll want a lot more storage for your games.
  • 32GB is actually somewhat overkill right now. 64GB is if you're doing production work, heavy on the video editing side (even then, better gpu is better than more RAM), etc.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/chsvH2

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/4DcNfv 

id like to stick to the current gpu as I really like the looks of it but i have adjusted some parts.

i also really like the 3 fans with my case and meets all my expectations so id rater not change that

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: *Intel Core i7-13700F 2.1 GHz 16-Core Processor  ($329.99 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: *Deepcool AG620 BK ARGB 67.88 CFM CPU Cooler  ($49.99 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: *MSI B760 GAMING PLUS WIFI ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  ($164.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: *G.Skill Ripjaws S5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Memory  ($117.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: *Western Digital Black SN770 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($99.00 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: *Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 4070 Ti 12 GB Video Card  ($799.99 @ B&H) 
Case: *Lian Li LANCOOL 216 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($109.99 @ B&H) 
Power Supply: *Corsair RM850e (2023) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($129.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1801.93
*Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria
Generated by PCPartPicker 2023-06-10 04:26 EDT-0400

2 hours ago, Dat_One_Guy said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/4DcNfv 

id like to stick to the current gpu as I really like the looks of it but i have adjusted some parts.

i also really like the 3 fans with my case and meets all my expectations so id rater not change that

Yeah, but you need at least one fan at the rear, for exhaust airflow too.

20 hours ago, Dat_One_Guy said:

i added a fan at the back. would you say this looks fine for a bulid? even with is flaws.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/jHq7k9

Yep. You can alternatively do 4000X RGB case btw. I actually almost forgot about that one. O_O lol. Just giving more options.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/6qFKHx/corsair-icue-4000x-rgb-atx-mid-tower-case-cc-9011204-ww