Firefox randomly using all the resources?

image.thumb.png.9e34fae9ce3c4dc653f6f54ff7172570.pngimage.thumb.png.0cc248e2ec1921f6922050804b848468.png

I just had youtube running when I heard my laptop whining , checked the taskmanager to see that firefox was using 100% of the CPU , and 4GB of RAM (first pic kinda bad, but you can make it out with the 2nd pic that firefox is the one using the resources

image.png.4c0651d279d09e32b8022a277b445c2e.png

I ended the task via task manager and reopened firefox with a result not so different

I cleared the data , cache , cookies and yet no avail

But the issue got resolved when I turned off wifi , tried loading a page in firefox (forcing it to end up with a no internet page) and then turned it back on

I'll run a defender scan tonight (i.e now , its 12:15am lmao) hoping that nothing is serious

Should I be concerned about something worse?

1) Do you have Fast Boot on in Windows?  I ask because it means some of your services are not getting restarted unless you fully power off your PC vs. reboot.

2) Check for an update in Firefox by going to Help -> about Firefox.  I just know there was a recent version with a memory leak.

3) If your normally have a bunch of tabs open, that may be allocated memory vs. used memory.

EDIT - how to kill fast boot: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht513773-how-to-enable-or-disable-fast-startup-on-windows-11

3 hours ago, DarkWaterSong said:

1) Do you have Fast Boot on in Windows?  I ask because it means some of your services are not getting restarted unless you fully power off your PC vs. reboot.

2) Check for an update in Firefox by going to Help -> about Firefox.  I just know there was a recent version with a memory leak.

3) If your normally have a bunch of tabs open, that may be allocated memory vs. used memory.

EDIT - how to kill fast boot: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht513773-how-to-enable-or-disable-fast-startup-on-windows-11

1) Disabled , because I use dual boot with Linux and did not want any issues

2)Firefox is up to date (This is not the first time this issue has occoured)

3)That was the only tab open (hence the two screenshots)