Bios Update or not ?

Hi, just a simple question I need to put together two of my computers and im not sure how necessary the Bios update is, usually I just skip it completely. I've done it with usb stick to some old computer I had that were not main computer. Had not a greatest time, got DRAM red light and had to reset CMOS etc for couple hours until I got it to work again.

I currently have a MSI B550 Carbon Gaming Wifi (bought it 2 years ago so no bios updates) and a new unopened Asus TUF Gaming Plus Wifi II (produced in march 2023 don't know what bios it came with yet). So should I update the bios with these ''just in case''. I've read about TPU stutter issues with win11 if there is not the latest bios update with the Asus board, but some say that they only use TPU to update to Win11 and then turn it off in bios anyway. MSI also has AGESA ComboAm4v2PI 1.2.0.8 bios update etc. I would just like to have a stable computer and without any stuttering etc while gaming. 

MSI MSI B550 Carbon Gaming Wifi with ryzen 3600

Asus TUF Gaming Plus Wifi II with ryzen 5700x

So would you update both motherboards to the latest bios or leave it with the old ones until something is really broken ?

I would update to the latest non-Beta version BIOS for the board to ensure the best stability and compatibility with CPU/RAM/etc.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

10 minutes ago, Lurick said:

I would update to the latest non-Beta version BIOS for the board to ensure the best stability and compatibility with CPU/RAM/etc.

Thanks feels most logical thing to do, was just debating with myself if I should do it and probably the latest non-beta version is the best.

Are there some things to do in bios before updating, like should I load optimized defaults and disable XMP first and what else to do. Also could I update with USB stick instead of Bios flashback ?

3 minutes ago, BunnyKraken said:

Thanks feels most logical thing to do, was just debating with myself if I should do it and probably the latest non-beta version is the best.

Are there some things to do in bios before updating, like should I load optimized defaults and disable XMP first and what else to do. Also could I update with USB stick instead of Bios flashback ?

No need to disable anything or make any changes, generally updating the BIOS will automatically revert everything to defaults. Definitely do the USB update instead of flashback if you're able. The main part of a BIOS update is to make sure power doesn't go out otherwise you'll do a BIOS flashback to recover or if you have an unsupported CPU.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC: