recommended ram speed for DDR5

Go to solution Solved by RONOTHAN##,

Depends on the platform that you're going for. If it's AM5, currently anything faster than 6000 requires a fair bit of effort and luck to get working, so going for 6000 at CL32-38-38 or CL30-40-40 timings is usually your best bet. If it's 12th gen Intel, it depends a bit on the board. With the 2 DIMM boards, 6400 is pretty reliable to work easily and not that expensive, while on most of the 4 DIMM boards 6000 is the fastest I'd trust to work reliably. With 13th gen, it's even more complicated as the board plays a huge role in getting it to work. On any 4 DIMM board, 6400 with 2x16GB kits should reliably work, so that would be my pick with a decent set of timings (32-39-39 is pretty common), but speeds of over 7600 can work pretty reliably depending on a bunch of factors and still give a good performance uplift. 

One thing to note though is that any 6000 CL32 or 30 rated kit will be able to do at least DDR5 7000 with a bit of tuning, so if you're willing to put in a bit of effort to get some settings to work, you can usually save a fair bit of money by going for a cheaper kit instead. Heck, if you're in the US and want to go that route, this kit is $73 and should 100% be able to do 7000, and by most reports I've seen should be capable of 8000+ with a good motherboard and CPU. 

TL;DR: 6000 CL32 or CL30 is probably fine, though you might be able to use a faster XMP depending on your setup or just overclock your way to those settings with the aforementioned 6000 rated kit. 

I'm corently planning a new rig, and one of the things i have problem to choose is Ram. i see tons of options i do have limited budget but im looking for good speed (sweet spot) for ddr5 kit. I'm aiming twords 32 gigs, but this is where i found the tricky part: what latency and what mhz speed is good for gaming? ty for your help answering this and i don't like rgb.

have a nice day you all

Depends on the platform that you're going for. If it's AM5, currently anything faster than 6000 requires a fair bit of effort and luck to get working, so going for 6000 at CL32-38-38 or CL30-40-40 timings is usually your best bet. If it's 12th gen Intel, it depends a bit on the board. With the 2 DIMM boards, 6400 is pretty reliable to work easily and not that expensive, while on most of the 4 DIMM boards 6000 is the fastest I'd trust to work reliably. With 13th gen, it's even more complicated as the board plays a huge role in getting it to work. On any 4 DIMM board, 6400 with 2x16GB kits should reliably work, so that would be my pick with a decent set of timings (32-39-39 is pretty common), but speeds of over 7600 can work pretty reliably depending on a bunch of factors and still give a good performance uplift. 

One thing to note though is that any 6000 CL32 or 30 rated kit will be able to do at least DDR5 7000 with a bit of tuning, so if you're willing to put in a bit of effort to get some settings to work, you can usually save a fair bit of money by going for a cheaper kit instead. Heck, if you're in the US and want to go that route, this kit is $73 and should 100% be able to do 7000, and by most reports I've seen should be capable of 8000+ with a good motherboard and CPU. 

TL;DR: 6000 CL32 or CL30 is probably fine, though you might be able to use a faster XMP depending on your setup or just overclock your way to those settings with the aforementioned 6000 rated kit. 

ty for this absolutely informative answer ill try what you suggested and hopefully its work good. btw im going for 13th gen intel i5 13600k