Thermaltake DP100 D5 Plus distro plate good quality??

Hello ladies and gentleman,

Has anyone had any experience with the Thermaltake PD100 D5 distro plate? Would you recommend it? Any issues at all? 

I really like the distro plate but before I buy it I'm seeking some real, honest reviews/feedback on it. The net has Bugger all reviews. 

Build quality looks great, it's not my first TT product. I currently own the core P6 and that's made extremely well with high quality parts used and I love it, but just want to make sure the distro is quality since it's water in a PC and all 😅

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated. Cheers 

Screenshot_20230604-071349.png

<p> I7 4770k @4.4ghz,Corsair H100i, Gigabyte G1 SNIPER 5, 16gb Corsair Dominator platinum memory, Nvidia Geforce GTX 690, 1 x Corsair ssd, 1 x samsung ssd, Corsair AX860 psu, LG dvd/blue ray drive, Lamptron FC8, 2 Corsair AF series Fans, 6 Corsair SP series Fans, Windows 7 ultimate Corsair 760T Arctic White..........What a BEAST :)

I see no reason for it to be a bad product. Distro plates are well developed these days and the only critical area is careful pressure on the fittings and never use force which could strip threading or crack the plate. Generaly any issue with distro plates is 95% of the time due to users overtightening not manufacturing errors.

the materials are reported to be high qaulity but actual reviews of the products are indeed very scarce and mainly press release reports are found similar to this one.

http://www.ninjalane.com/reviews/video/nv_gts450/n8294/Thermaltake-Pacific-DP100-D5-Plus-Core-P5-DP-D5-Plus-Distro-Plate

I am unaware of present pricing fo rthe kit but it does come with the D5 Pump not just the housing in the one page i was reading so it could be a very good deal ?

1 hour ago, johnno23 said:

I see no reason for it to be a bad product. Distro plates are well developed these days and the only critical area is careful pressure on the fittings and never use force which could strip threading or crack the plate. Generaly any issue with distro plates is 95% of the time due to users overtightening not manufacturing errors.

the materials are reported to be high qaulity but actual reviews of the products are indeed very scarce and mainly press release reports are found similar to this one.

http://www.ninjalane.com/reviews/video/nv_gts450/n8294/Thermaltake-Pacific-DP100-D5-Plus-Core-P5-DP-D5-Plus-Distro-Plate

I am unaware of present pricing fo rthe kit but it does come with the D5 Pump not just the housing in the one page i was reading so it could be a very good deal ?

I don't have much experience in distro plates, but your right it does appear to be a good quality product. Interesting about the the failures linked to user issues, I guess users still think that it's best to crank them as tight as possible, but this isn't always the best method. 

I'm in Australia and this product will cost me $369 aud, that's $244 USD. Everything in Australia has a high cost associated goods and services, hence why Im seeking feedback on this distro plate. 

Thanks for your honest feedback, it's greatly appreciated 👍.

<p> I7 4770k @4.4ghz,Corsair H100i, Gigabyte G1 SNIPER 5, 16gb Corsair Dominator platinum memory, Nvidia Geforce GTX 690, 1 x Corsair ssd, 1 x samsung ssd, Corsair AX860 psu, LG dvd/blue ray drive, Lamptron FC8, 2 Corsair AF series Fans, 6 Corsair SP series Fans, Windows 7 ultimate Corsair 760T Arctic White..........What a BEAST :)

the price is actually rather good as it will be an authentic D5 Pump even if it comes with the Thermaltake logo on it.

D5 pumps in general are not cheap to start with and i have seen distro plates costing around the same money where you supply your own pump.

I do not expect you will be disappointed with the product and I have in the past researched Distro plates as I was considering one for myself. I opted for a second radiator full copper and a larger 220mm cylinder style reservoir. less impressive but at the time a lot cheaper. I had also purchased my Dual D5 pump system so for me the Thermaltake PD100 D5 distro plate kit fell outside of my radar. 

10 hours ago, johnno23 said:

the price is actually rather good as it will be an authentic D5 Pump even if it comes with the Thermaltake logo on it.

D5 pumps in general are not cheap to start with and i have seen distro plates costing around the same money where you supply your own pump.

I do not expect you will be disappointed with the product and I have in the past researched Distro plates as I was considering one for myself. I opted for a second radiator full copper and a larger 220mm cylinder style reservoir. less impressive but at the time a lot cheaper. I had also purchased my Dual D5 pump system so for me the Thermaltake PD100 D5 distro plate kit fell outside of my radar. 

Yes, from the research I've done the D5 pumps are very high quality. I thought the price was reasonable, considering the ek variants cost substantialy more money. 

I was tossing up between the cylinder res and distro, but the distro looks far more impressive and offers a cleaner loop orientation for my case the core P6. 

When I purchase all the products needed to complete the loop I'll post it in the forum. Tha ks for your help 😃

if yer gonna use opaque coolant, i'd advised against distroplate

i have clean a few clients distroplates, opaque coolant micro-particles gets stuck inside the dp

the worst part is getting the o-rings to align when reassembling them

Ryzen 5700x + EK Supremacy D-RGB | 2x8 GB DDR4 Klevv 3200 MT/s | MSI B550M Mortar | Palit 3070 GamingPro LHR + Bykski N-PT3070PRO-X | Corsair RM750 | Alphacool EPDM + QDC | Aquacomputer Quadro + HighFlow2 | EK D5 XTOP | Freezemod 360 30mm rad + Barrow Dabel-20b 360 20mm | Barrow & Freezemod fittings | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Audio: beyerdynamic DT 900 Pro X + iFi ZEN Air DAC + Razer Seiren Mini

6 hours ago, fonzz1e said:

if yer gonna use opaque coolant, i'd advised against distroplate

i have clean a few clients distroplates, opaque coolant micro-particles gets stuck inside the dp

the worst part is getting the o-rings to align when reassembling them

Thanks for the heads up 👍, I was planning on using a transparent purple coolant, in your opinion will that be an issue? 

I really liked ek mystic fog, but I've been told to stay clear as it's a bugger to clean. 

I mean only u can stop yerself or yer wallet LOL

if yer going hardline, it's gonna be rough if things don't turn out ideal

I have build both hard & soft, I prefer epdm tubing... hardlines r only for clients when they insist

Ryzen 5700x + EK Supremacy D-RGB | 2x8 GB DDR4 Klevv 3200 MT/s | MSI B550M Mortar | Palit 3070 GamingPro LHR + Bykski N-PT3070PRO-X | Corsair RM750 | Alphacool EPDM + QDC | Aquacomputer Quadro + HighFlow2 | EK D5 XTOP | Freezemod 360 30mm rad + Barrow Dabel-20b 360 20mm | Barrow & Freezemod fittings | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Audio: beyerdynamic DT 900 Pro X + iFi ZEN Air DAC + Razer Seiren Mini

• 4 months later...

As fonzz1e stated, its a pain to clean them and mystic fog is usually (read as always) more trouble than its worth. I have been using this distro-plate for quite some time (like 3-4 years?) and I have had no issues at all. Mostly used the clear blue EK Cryofuel over the years and haven't had any residue whatsoever.

RenderedImage.JPG