Used GPUs Sold By Newegg (Update)

Crosseyed Sniper

Been waiting for a particular GPU to come back in stock, but the wait has been long. Do any of you have experience with used GPUs from Newegg? I bought a used motherboard from Newegg back in 2013, and it's still working fine. 

What y'all think? Go for it? Run hard and fast away from them? 😄

16 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Is it actually sold by NewEgg, or one of the many vendors under the NewEgg banner?

Newegg and Amazon allow tons of 3rd party sellers on their sites.   I suspect most of the used cards are sold by 3rd party vendors.   They're usually way overpriced but not always - some on Amazon list characteristics like scratches or cosmetic imperfections.   I would want to know that info - and detailed descriptions of the card condition.   I doubt Newegg does that but I haven't checked it out.   It is probably best to contact Newegg and/or the 3rd party seller directly and inquire - before deciding to purchase.   Also, try to get any return and warranty options.   My two cents.  

1 hour ago, Radium_Angel said:

Is it actually sold by NewEgg, or one of the many vendors under the NewEgg banner?

Sold by Newegg. I always make sure items are sold by Amazon or Newegg when shopping there. I've personally never had any issues buying from Newegg, but have heard a lot of bad stories from others. Only used item I've bought there was that motherboard. Bought a used Razer TKL keyboard from Amazon about 3 or 4 years ago and it was actually brand new. Box was damaged, but keyboard was still sealed in plastic. I'm using it to type this now.

I do have more confidence in buying used from Amazon, than I do from anywhere else. I have some money in my Newegg account I can use towards the purchase is why I am considering Newegg. 

Thanks you two!

2 hours ago, Crosseyed Sniper said:

Sold by Newegg. I always make sure items are sold by Amazon or Newegg when shopping there. I've personally never had any issues buying from Newegg, but have heard a lot of bad stories from others. Only used item I've bought there was that motherboard. Bought a used Razer TKL keyboard from Amazon about 3 or 4 years ago and it was actually brand new. Box was damaged, but keyboard was still sealed in plastic. I'm using it to type this now.

I do have more confidence in buying used from Amazon, than I do from anywhere else. I have some money in my Newegg account I can use towards the purchase is why I am considering Newegg. 

Thanks you two!

Understood. I used to buy without issue from NewEgg, but it was always directly from NewEgg.

Haven't in a few years and I understand they've changed, and not for the better.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

• 3 weeks later...

Update! 

Just wanted to update everyone on the GPU. I received it a couple of days ago and am very happy to report all seems good so far. 

GPU was shipped in a Newegg brown box. Inside was a plain white box containing the GPU. The GPU was sealed in an electrostatic bag. Unless they reapplied the protective plastic film on the GPU, the GPU itself appears to be brand new. It still had the protective plastic film covering it, including on the fans. There is no retail box. No accessories of any kind. No manual. No GPU support bracket. Not even a signed picture of the man himself, Jensen Huang. 🤣 Nothing but the GPU itself. That's a shame too. I would've at least liked to have had the little support bracket, but I can buy a different one. Thankfully, I had already recently ordered Corsair's power cable to use, so I wasn't going to use the included one anyway.

And thank, God! There were no boogers or pubic hair anywhere on the GPU. No toenail clippings inside the box. No half eaten baloney sandwich in there. All appears clean. After hearing about some of the Newegg horror stories of late, I'm very, very, very thankful all is good! 🤣

I've not tested the GPU yet as some have suggested, but I have played several hours of Battlefield 2042 on 128 player maps with all settings set to ultra. I have the Alienware 38 inch ultrawide monitor with a resolution of 3840 x 1600 @ 144 Hz. The game runs incredibly well, and looks awesome! I'm getting well over a 100 fps. I've had no stuttering, no artifacts, no crashing, no issues at all. At least none so far, and I hope everything continues to work this well. I may run a few stress tests before long, but maybe that's not really necessary.

Below are some pics for those of you who may be interested in seeing how it was shipped, and after installed. Also, at the time I ordered it on Newegg, price for this open box 4070 Ti (Non OC version) was $699.99, plus tax, of course. That's the cheapest I've seen for an open box of this particular GPU. Yes, I know. It's still too expensive. But, I needed one for my new build. Got tired of waiting.

Best of luck to those of you who decide to order an open box GPU from Newegg, or wherever. 👍

image.thumb.jpeg.8bfe35820129a1f79edef20fa7b12ef8.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.38c9d1e675ddf85757c47df2b474fdf9.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.580f8dae00fc75988a317f39d2805c88.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.4ce8f9623769f12196d22a74fe0e4079.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.68297a8986586687185a7f7bb3680c66.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.50403357730fd6b3e4e2d04c8982a1f7.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.74ffaf13429b1bd7fe172136a4c4c5a3.jpeg

It's a white box refurb probably, hence the plastic film.

I sold thousands of those back when I was in business.

This post has been ninja-edited while you weren't looking.

I'm a used parts bottom feeder.  Your loss is my gain.

I like people who tell good RGB jokes.

1 minute ago, r00tb33r said:

It's a white box refurb probably, hence the plastic film.

I sold thousands of those back when I was in business.

Could very well be. Or, maybe some of the packaging gets badly damaged during shipping, but the GPU itself is fine. And since there is no retail packaging, at least not one in decent condition, they sell them as an open box in these white replacement boxes. I know my older ASUS motherboard I purchased back in 2013 also came in the same type white box. But yes, I know they do sell actual customer returns. Anything is possible, I suppose. Hopefully its actually new. It looks it.

On 6/24/2023 at 12:16 PM, Crosseyed Sniper said:

Update! 

Just wanted to update everyone on the GPU. I received it a couple of days ago and am very happy to report all seems good so far. 

GPU was shipped in a Newegg brown box. Inside was a plain white box containing the GPU. The GPU was sealed in an electrostatic bag. Unless they reapplied the protective plastic film on the GPU, the GPU itself appears to be brand new. It still had the protective plastic film covering it, including on the fans. There is no retail box. No accessories of any kind. No manual. No GPU support bracket. Not even a signed picture of the man himself, Jensen Huang. 🤣 Nothing but the GPU itself. That's a shame too. I would've at least liked to have had the little support bracket, but I can buy a different one. Thankfully, I had already recently ordered Corsair's power cable to use, so I wasn't going to use the included one anyway.

And thank, God! There were no boogers or pubic hair anywhere on the GPU. No toenail clippings inside the box. No half eaten baloney sandwich in there. All appears clean. After hearing about some of the Newegg horror stories of late, I'm very, very, very thankful all is good! 🤣

I've not tested the GPU yet as some have suggested, but I have played several hours of Battlefield 2042 on 128 player maps with all settings set to ultra. I have the Alienware 38 inch ultrawide monitor with a resolution of 3840 x 1600 @ 144 Hz. The game runs incredibly well, and looks awesome! I'm getting well over a 100 fps. I've had no stuttering, no artifacts, no crashing, no issues at all. At least none so far, and I hope everything continues to work this well. I may run a few stress tests before long, but maybe that's not really necessary.

Below are some pics for those of you who may be interested in seeing how it was shipped, and after installed. Also, at the time I ordered it on Newegg, price for this open box 4070 Ti (Non OC version) was $699.99, plus tax, of course. That's the cheapest I've seen for an open box of this particular GPU. Yes, I know. It's still too expensive. But, I needed one for my new build. Got tired of waiting.

Best of luck to those of you who decide to order an open box GPU from Newegg, or wherever. 👍

image.thumb.jpeg.8bfe35820129a1f79edef20fa7b12ef8.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.38c9d1e675ddf85757c47df2b474fdf9.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.580f8dae00fc75988a317f39d2805c88.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.4ce8f9623769f12196d22a74fe0e4079.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.68297a8986586687185a7f7bb3680c66.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.50403357730fd6b3e4e2d04c8982a1f7.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.74ffaf13429b1bd7fe172136a4c4c5a3.jpeg

what gpu is it?

My First PC
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x
Cooler: Asus TUF Gaming LC240
Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix B550-f gaming
RAM: 4x8 GB Corsair Vengeance RS (3200 MHz, CL16)
Storage: 1tb Samsung 980 Pro
Graphics Card: Asus Dual RTX 2060 OC
Case: Deepcool Matrexx 50
Power Supply: Corsair RM650x
Headset: Razer Blackshark V2
Keyboard: Corsair K70 Pro Mini (Speed Silver switches)
Mouse: Razer Viper Mini
Only changes I have made is I sold the 2060 for $235 AUD and bought a Powercolor Red Devil 6700 XT for $400 second hand (it was barely used, think I scored a deal on Ebay with that).
I'm learning video editing and trying to get some cash as a high school student.
I like F1, my favourite team is Scuderia Ferrari and favourite driver is Charles Leclerc. Favourite track is Red Bull Ring in Austria.
Playing with a 1080p 60hz monitor right now, hoping to upgrade to a 1440p 144hz one soon.

Living in AU and that pisses me off since every event is late at night or early in the morning (almost every F1 race starts around 11 PM AEST time)

2 hours ago, Crosseyed Sniper said:

ASUS TUF 4070 Ti (Non OC version)

ok.

My First PC
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x
Cooler: Asus TUF Gaming LC240
Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix B550-f gaming
RAM: 4x8 GB Corsair Vengeance RS (3200 MHz, CL16)
Storage: 1tb Samsung 980 Pro
Graphics Card: Asus Dual RTX 2060 OC
Case: Deepcool Matrexx 50
Power Supply: Corsair RM650x
Headset: Razer Blackshark V2
Keyboard: Corsair K70 Pro Mini (Speed Silver switches)
Mouse: Razer Viper Mini
Only changes I have made is I sold the 2060 for $235 AUD and bought a Powercolor Red Devil 6700 XT for $400 second hand (it was barely used, think I scored a deal on Ebay with that).
I'm learning video editing and trying to get some cash as a high school student.
I like F1, my favourite team is Scuderia Ferrari and favourite driver is Charles Leclerc. Favourite track is Red Bull Ring in Austria.
Playing with a 1080p 60hz monitor right now, hoping to upgrade to a 1440p 144hz one soon.

Living in AU and that pisses me off since every event is late at night or early in the morning (almost every F1 race starts around 11 PM AEST time)