Need Help with PC Crashes after Motherboard and CPU Upgrade

Pasat98
Go to solution Solved by Pasat98,

Hey everyone,

I wanted to provide an update on the issues I've been facing with my PC crashes after upgrading the motherboard and CPU. I recently reached out to the customer service of the store where I purchased the components, and they suggested that I check the CPU pins. Before doing that, I decided to remove the graphics card and switch to onboard graphics. Surprisingly, all of my problems vanished.

Now, I'm left wondering if the issue could still be related to the CPU, or if it's simply a matter of graphics functionality. If the onboard graphics are working smoothly, does that imply that a new graphics card would function without any problems?

I'm seeking some insights from this knowledgeable community. Has anyone experienced a similar situation before? Should I still be concerned about a potential CPU problem, or can I confidently assume that if onboard graphics are working fine, a new graphics card would function properly as well?

I appreciate any advice or thoughts you can provide on this matter.

Hi everyone,

I'm seeking some assistance regarding an issue I've been facing with my recently upgraded PC. Ever since I replaced the motherboard and CPU, I've been experiencing frequent crashes when my PC is under load. I've tried several troubleshooting steps so far, but I haven't been able to resolve the issue. I'm reaching out to this community in hopes of getting some guidance and finding a solution.

Here's a rundown of what I've already attempted:

1. BIOS Update: I visited the manufacturer's website and downloaded the latest BIOS update for my new motherboard. I followed the instructions carefully and successfully installed the update.

2. Driver Updates: I made sure to update all drivers, including the graphics card. I visited the respective manufacturers' websites and downloaded the latest available drivers for my components.

3. Driver Uninstall and Reinstall: To rule out any conflicts or errors, I uninstalled the previously installed drivers and performed a clean reinstall of all the drivers.

4. Windows Reinstallation: As a last resort, I performed a complete reinstallation of the Windows operating system. This should have eliminated any previous software conflicts or errors.

Despite these efforts, the problem persists. My PC runs 3D Mark, Heaven, and Cinebench without any issues, but it freezes whenever I'm browsing the internet, having Discord conversations, or gaming. It's worth mentioning that both CPU and GPU temperatures remain below 70°C during these activities.

Here are the specifications of my PC:

• Processor: Ryzen 5 5600G
  • Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix B550-E
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600MHz 16GB
  • Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
  • Power Supply: 550W

I would greatly appreciate any advice or guidance you can provide to help me troubleshoot and resolve this issue. Any suggestions or steps I can try would be immensely helpful.

Thank you all for your assistance.

Best regards,

Pasat98

Hey everyone,

I wanted to provide an update on the issues I've been facing with my PC crashes after upgrading the motherboard and CPU. I recently reached out to the customer service of the store where I purchased the components, and they suggested that I check the CPU pins. Before doing that, I decided to remove the graphics card and switch to onboard graphics. Surprisingly, all of my problems vanished.

Now, I'm left wondering if the issue could still be related to the CPU, or if it's simply a matter of graphics functionality. If the onboard graphics are working smoothly, does that imply that a new graphics card would function without any problems?

I'm seeking some insights from this knowledgeable community. Has anyone experienced a similar situation before? Should I still be concerned about a potential CPU problem, or can I confidently assume that if onboard graphics are working fine, a new graphics card would function properly as well?

4 hours ago, Pasat98 said:

Hey everyone,

To be sure i'd probably still verify the cpu pins, one or some of them may be responsible for PCIE so it's worth checking 🙂 

• 2 months later...

So I kinda forgot about this post.

But the issues ended up coming back. I checked the pins and they were fine. So I ended up requesting an RMA for the motherboard and the CPU. The supplier didn't fin any issues. So I formatted all the hard drives. And my issues disappeared.