What is the Default Setting for "DRAM Timing Configuration" in Bios

hello, today my CPU seems to be running a little bit hotter than it usually does, both in Windows and in Bios (neither my room, nor outside temps have gone up); sometimes this can happen, so I'm not toying with anything until I check back in with the temps tomorrow, but I went to the Bios to see if anything was maybe changed that I wasn't aware of. I did a CMOS reset the other day, so I'm not sure if this Bios setting was maybe changed and has now been set back to default, but it's the "DRAM Timing Configuration" in the AMD Overclocking section of the Bios

I have an Asus ROG Strix B550-F motherboard with a Ryzen 7 5800x. typically, under Cinebench, it runs at 50-52 degrees celsius, but today it quickly creeps up from 52 to 54, and then stagnates at 55-57c. comparing HWInfo images from previous Cinebench tests I've done, I noticed the TDC is a few amps higher than it was previously (it used to be a 84.1 As, today it was running at 86/87 A's in Cinebench). similarly, the TDC Limit under Cinebench is normally 74%, and today it was a lot closer to 80%, sitting at around 78. my Bios temps were also sitting more in the 52-54c mark, where it normally sits at 48-52c

just wanted to ask if the DRAM Timing Configuration would have anything to do with cpu temps at all, and furthermore, what is the default setting for this? in my Bios, the first option under DRAM Timing Config is "Overclocking" and it is set to 'Enabled'; everything else under that is then set to 'Auto'. I do have XMP/DOCP enabled, but when I disabled XMP and went to click Save and Reset, it brought up the list of things that would be changed if I went ahead with this, and nothing from the AMD Overclocking section was there, so I'm not sure if they're related?

is DRAM Timing Configuration- Overclocking meant to be 'Enabled' by default? or is it like, set to Enabled if XMP is enabled as well? or is it not meant to be enabled at all

7 minutes ago, RunningRathian said:

hello, today my CPU seems to be running a little bit hotter than it usually does, both in Windows and in Bios (neither my room, nor outside temps have gone up); sometimes this can happen, so I'm not toying with anything until I check back in with the temps tomorrow, but I went to the Bios to see if anything was maybe changed that I wasn't aware of. I did a CMOS reset the other day, so I'm not sure if this Bios setting was maybe changed and has now been set back to default, but it's the "DRAM Timing Configuration" in the AMD Overclocking section of the Bios

I have an Asus ROG Strix B550-F motherboard with a Ryzen 7 5800x. typically, under Cinebench, it runs at 50-52 degrees celsius, but today it quickly creeps up from 52 to 54, and then stagnates at 55-57c. comparing HWInfo images from previous Cinebench tests I've done, I noticed the TDC is a few amps higher than it was previously (it used to be a 84.1 As, today it was running at 86/87 A's in Cinebench). similarly, the TDC Limit under Cinebench is normally 74%, and today it was a lot closer to 80%, sitting at around 78. my Bios temps were also sitting more in the 52-54c mark, where it normally sits at 48-52c

just wanted to ask if the DRAM Timing Configuration would have anything to do with cpu temps at all, and furthermore, what is the default setting for this? in my Bios, the first option under DRAM Timing Config is "Overclocking" and it is set to 'Enabled'; everything else under that is then set to 'Auto'. I do have XMP/DOCP enabled, but when I disabled XMP and went to click Save and Reset, it brought up the list of things that would be changed if I went ahead with this, and nothing from the AMD Overclocking section was there, so I'm not sure if they're related?

is DRAM Timing Configuration- Overclocking meant to be 'Enabled' by default? or is it like, set to Enabled if XMP is enabled as well? or is it not meant to be enabled at all

Unless you got the exact voltages from before, this will be extremely hard to test out. I don't think you need overclocking enabled. You can set DRAM frequency and voltage to auto and check SOC voltage. Also make sure PBO is off. Basically, everything at default. Then after, test XMP on vs setting dram voltage, frequency and timings manually. On my board I get slightly lower SOC voltage when setting memory manually. My voltage will be lower, because I got the 5800X3D, for reference, if it means anything, I get 1.0v at maximum on SOC.

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

1 hour ago, DoctorNick said:

Unless you got the exact voltages from before, this will be extremely hard to test out. I don't think you need overclocking enabled. You can set DRAM frequency and voltage to auto and check SOC voltage. Also make sure PBO is off. Basically, everything at default. Then after, test XMP on vs setting dram voltage, frequency and timings manually. On my board I get slightly lower SOC voltage when setting memory manually. My voltage will be lower, because I got the 5800X3D, for reference, if it means anything, I get 1.0v at maximum on SOC.

before the CMOS reset, and with my current settings, my SOC voltage is always around 1.087v and typically spikes to 1.094v under gaming loads; sometimes it can reach 1.1v, which is what it states in the Bios. after the CMOS reset, before I reenabled XMP and set Eco Mode back on, the SOC voltage was around 0.975v. so basically, SOC Voltage is the same as it was before resetting (1.087-1.1v)

as for the SVI2 TFN/VDDCR and Vcore voltages, they were always around 0.98-1.05v on idle and between 1.20-1.4v under gaming load, with the occasional spike above 1.4v; in Bios it was always between 1.35v-1.408v.

I did not boot into Windows after the CMOS reset, but in Bios the VDDCR and Vcore were pretty much constantly at 1.42-1.45v with 60c on the temps before I turned Eco Mode back on. so I believe they are roughly the same as before the CMOS reset at the moment, it's just the temps that feel a bit higher than usual

I know personally, I did not ever go into the DRAM Timing Configuration; however, I had the PC built by PCCG (PC Case Gear), who are pretty legit, and I don't imagine they really changed much in the Bios other than enabling XMP for me. I should've asked them to disable Armory Crate installation so I didn't have to do that myself, but that's completely irrelevant to the topic

6 minutes ago, RunningRathian said:

before the CMOS reset, and with my current settings, my SOC voltage is always around 1.087v and typically spikes to 1.094v under gaming loads; sometimes it can reach 1.1v, which is what it states in the Bios. after the CMOS reset, before I reenabled XMP and set Eco Mode back on, the SOC voltage was around 0.975v. so basically, SOC Voltage is the same as it was before resetting (1.087-1.1v)

as for the SVI2 TFN/VDDCR and Vcore voltages, they were always around 0.98-1.05v on idle and between 1.20-1.4v under gaming load, with the occasional spike above 1.4v; in Bios it was always between 1.35v-1.408v.

I did not boot into Windows after the CMOS reset, but in Bios the VDDCR and Vcore were pretty much constantly at 1.42-1.45v with 60c on the temps before I turned Eco Mode back on. so I believe they are roughly the same as before the CMOS reset at the moment, it's just the temps that feel a bit higher than usual

I know personally, I did not ever go into the DRAM Timing Configuration; however, I had the PC built by PCCG (PC Case Gear), who are pretty legit, and I don't imagine they really changed much in the Bios other than enabling XMP for me. I should've asked them to disable Armory Crate installation so I didn't have to do that myself, but that's completely irrelevant to the topic

Alright. Test out (In windows) what SOC you get at default /auto settings vs XMP enabled

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

1 hour ago, RunningRathian said:

typically, under Cinebench, it runs at 50-52 degrees celsius, but today it quickly creeps up from 52 to 54, and then stagnates at 55-57c.

That is ice cold

You sure the cpu is actually boosting properly and not just stuck at base clock?

with that kinda temp i really dont see any concern here, only when you start going past 90c temps start to be a concern

5 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

That is ice cold

You sure the cpu is actually boosting properly and not just stuck at base clock?

with that kinda temp i really dont see any concern here, only when you start going past 90c temps start to be a concern

yeah it's fine, I'm also not losing noticeable performance or anything 

I see less of a problem with the 56-57c reading, because that's pretty low as far as temps are concerned, my problem more so lies in the fact that it's a sudden change, and the possibility of that change growing bigger.

18 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

Alright. Test out (In windows) what SOC you get at default /auto settings vs XMP enabled

before the CMOS reset, I did disable XMP and launched normally (was troubleshooting something), I believe the SOC voltage in Windows was the same as it is now, at 1.087-1.1v

edit: that probably was not very helpful, given that I'm asking about a setting I noticed AFTER the CMOS reset...I can try and test soon. but still, SOC voltage without XMP was the same prior to the reset