I just upgrade my r5 2600x to a r7 5700x and im getting stuttering in windows (simple use or gaming)

LiamPerukistan

Hi !! i just upgrade my old 2600x to a 5700x and im getting stuttering (framedrops to 0) for 2 second every 6 or 10 minuts even in the desktop with no games or programs open , it never happend with my 2600x .
i upgrade my bios because i still use my b450 aorus m .
Another probles is my low perfomance in autocad .... is even worst tham my old 2600x but in games the performance are better (in overwatch the performance is lower)
spects:
cpu :  r7 5700x
gpu : rtx 3060ti Vision

ram : 16gb 3200 t force xmp prof 1 

mother board: Aorus B450 M
ssd: hp 512gb + toshiba 1tb hard disk
BIOS: F63A 27 feb 2022

please help

You updated the bios for your motherboard

just double check you took the correct one for your board as some boards have multiple revisions.

I would also try shutting down the system remove the power plug remove the CMOS battery wait 5 minutes and reinsert the battery.

That would drop the board back into a default settings and the new bios you have should be applied.

It is uncommon but sometimes bios update looks to have been installed properly but it has encountered an issue.

Also did you do the update after swapping the CPU or before ?

some of the B450 boards need the older CPU to be on the board when you do the update then swap out the CPU for the new one.

Chipset drivers are updated as well? Make you update every drivers of your motherboard if you're not sure what to update.

Not an expert, just bored at work. Please quote me or mention me if you would like me to see your reply. **may edit my posts a few times after posting**

CPU: Intel i5-12400

GPU: Asus TUF RX 6800 XT OC

Mobo: Asus Prime B660M-A D4 WIFI MSI PRO B760M-A WIFI DDR4

RAM: Team Delta TUF Alliance 2x8GB DDR4 3200MHz CL16

SSD: Team MP33 1TB

PSU: MSI MPG A850GF

Case: Phanteks Eclipse P360A

Cooler: ID-Cooling SE-234 ARGB

Pcpartpicker: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/wnxDfv
Displays: Samsung Odyssey G5 S32AG50 32" 1440p 165hz | AOC 27G2E 27" 1080p 144hz

Laptop: ROG Strix Scar III G531GU Intel i5-9300H GTX 1660Ti Mobile| OS: Windows 10 Home

6 hours ago, Dukesilver27- said:

Chipset drivers are updated as well? Make you update every drivers of your motherboard if you're not sure what to update.

Also get the official amd drivers from amd website.