Dark Web

PcBeExpensive

Hello all, has anyone here accesed dark web? What was it like. I want to do it too since it is not illegal and I was wondering how to do it, from what I have heard is by using the browser Tor and a VPN and then getting a .onion link. Does anyone have a real not scam .onion link that I can access the dark web on? IK this might seem stupid but I am a stupid guy and I want to do this because 
A. It's not illegal
B. It will spice up my weekend.

Thanks in advance.

My First PC
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x
Cooler: Asus TUF Gaming LC240
Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix B550-f gaming
RAM: 4x8 GB Corsair Vengeance RS (3200 MHz, CL16)
Storage: 1tb Samsung 980 Pro
Graphics Card: Asus Dual RTX 2060 OC
Case: Deepcool Matrexx 50
Power Supply: Corsair RM650x
Headset: Razer Blackshark V2
Keyboard: Corsair K70 Pro Mini (Speed Silver switches)
Mouse: Razer Viper Mini
Only changes I have made is I sold the 2060 for $235 AUD and bought a Powercolor Red Devil 6700 XT for $400 second hand (it was barely used, think I scored a deal on Ebay with that).
I'm learning video editing and trying to get some cash as a high school student.
I like F1, my favourite team is Scuderia Ferrari and favourite driver is Charles Leclerc. Favourite track is Red Bull Ring in Austria.
Playing with a 1080p 60hz monitor right now, hoping to upgrade to a 1440p 144hz one soon.

Living in AU and that pisses me off since every event is late at night or early in the morning (almost every F1 race starts around 11 PM AEST time)

Please note that a VPN has nothing to do with the dark web. You do not need a VPN to access it, and a VPN does little to nothing to make it more or less secure.

If you want a good place to start, look up the URL for "the hidden wiki". Or just go to some of the legitimate websites like sci-hub, the bbc, ProPublica, and so on.

5 hours ago, LAwLz said:

Please note that a VPN has nothing to do with the dark web. You do not need a VPN to access it, and a VPN does little to nothing to make it more or less secure.

If you want a good place to start, look up the URL for "the hidden wiki". Or just go to some of the legitimate websites like sci-hub, the bbc, ProPublica, and so on.

yeah I want a VPN so it's harder to find, if we use TOR it will show but a VPN will make sure it won't show on the wifi thing or anything. Thanks for the help thhough. Do you have any tips while trying to access it?

My First PC
Only changes I have made is I sold the 2060 for $235 AUD and bought a Powercolor Red Devil 6700 XT for $400 second hand (it was barely used, think I scored a deal on Ebay with that).
I'm learning video editing and trying to get some cash as a high school student.
I like F1, my favourite team is Scuderia Ferrari and favourite driver is Charles Leclerc. Favourite track is Red Bull Ring in Austria.
Playing with a 1080p 60hz monitor right now, hoping to upgrade to a 1440p 144hz one soon.

Living in AU and that pisses me off since every event is late at night or early in the morning (almost every F1 race starts around 11 PM AEST time)

15 minutes ago, Caroline said:

Any site that's not crawled by search engines can be considered part of the "dark" web.

You can use Tor Browser to access .onion sites.

For example, https://duckduckgogg42xjoc72x3sjasowoarfbgcmvfimaftt6twagswzczad.onion will take you to the DuckDuckGo search engine, it's the same as the "normal" one but with an onion link, that's it.

If you're looking for smut sites, gore, drugs and all the weird stuff you're on your own because most of those things are hosted in private servers and you'll most likely need a registered account to access it, unless it's a sting website put up by the FBI.

I have a friend who's into chans and forums but from what I've seen it's mostly politics and shitposts that'd be deleted in normie sites for being "hate speech", then you have piracy sites, torrents, etc.

wi-fi alone is far more unsafe than whatever you could find and download from the dark web so I'd say you're good to go. VPN won't change anything, it'll just make the connection to the Tor relay slower. Consumer VPNs are mostly (all?) fake, glorified paid proxies.

really? Wait so aren't .onion sites the dark web. Not looking to buy anything just want to have some fun!

My First PC

1 hour ago, PcBeExpensive said:

really? Wait so aren't .onion sites the dark web. Not looking to buy anything just want to have some fun!

There's a difference between 'Deep web' and 'Dark web'. Deep web is the .onion sites, sites not indexed by Google and Bing, etc. Dark web is even more private, that's where most of the shady shit goes down to put it plainly. Some people use dark web as a term for any illegal deep web site, after all the two are basically the same in actual tech - Dark web is just even more protected, more... odd content, etc. 

If you want to find some sites, using Tor Browser is your starting point.

43 minutes ago, da na said:

There's a difference between 'Deep web' and 'Dark web'. Deep web is the .onion sites, sites not indexed by Google and Bing, etc. Dark web is even more private, that's where most of the shady shit goes down to put it plainly. Some people use dark web as a term for any illegal deep web site, after all the two are basically the same in actual tech - Dark web is just even more protected, more... odd content, etc. 

If you want to find some sites, using Tor Browser is your starting point.

Yeah, I have got Tor downloaded and thats what I am going to use, from what I have researched accessing the dark web is not illegal just suspicious.

My First PC

2 hours ago, PcBeExpensive said:

Yeah, I have got Tor downloaded and thats what I am going to use, from what I have researched accessing the dark web is not illegal just suspicious.

It's only suspicious because the more commonly known uses are for criminal activity. That being said, there are legitimate uses for the protocol. Much like BitTorrent, the idea behind it is clever and genuinely useful. Being able to download a file in pieces through multiple sources rather than relying on a single host does make downloads much quicker with relatively little effort. It's just that once people discovered you and use it to share large copyrighted material quicker, reliably, and without the need for a server to host the large file, that's where its reputation got tainted as a hub for piracy.   

Do you know your game updates and Windows Updates itself will use the BitTorrent protocol to download those updates? Yea Windows actually uses it to its advantage to distribute updates. 

image.png.d1161a9abccaa7ad46c642b86cfa84ef.png

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

23 hours ago, PcBeExpensive said:

Hello all, has anyone here accesed dark web? What was it like. I want to do it too since it is not illegal and I was wondering how to do it, from what I have heard is by using the browser Tor and a VPN and then getting a .onion link. Does anyone have a real not scam .onion link that I can access the dark web on? IK this might seem stupid but I am a stupid guy and I want to do this because 
A. It's not illegal
B. It will spice up my weekend.

Thanks in advance.

It's all bullshit made by youtubers and the kind to make videos and get revenues from vpn corpos

48 minutes ago, 12345678 said:

It's all bullshit made by youtubers and the kind to make videos and get revenues from vpn corpos

k thanks for helping!

My First PC

On 6/2/2023 at 11:28 AM, PcBeExpensive said:

k thanks for helping!

Also even the naming is bullshit

Vpns are virtual private networks

Aka provide a private tunnel to a location, they're often used for business 

Nordvpn, proton and eccetera, do act more like a proxy, since they do extra stuff

Specifying because it took me a while to unlearn all the sponsor bullshits heard after decades 

Fuck me after 10 days at the new job, I keept repeating no sense involuntarily 

I went to the silk road and other sites. 

It's boring and childish. It entertained me for 30~ minutes.

My friend claims to have bought drugs from the dark web having it mailed to his house. 

But unless you're actually going to risk large sums of money for assassinations, stolen credentials, or illegal items, it's as fun as scrolling through Wikipedia articles for said things. Which ... Isn't that fun. 

The websites aren't as edgy as you think they are. 

It's literally boring plain text and maybe a generic picture you'd see on Wikipedia and a price. 

If you want to have more fun watch some YouTube documentary drama on scary things or stories about the dark web. 

There is something more interesting than dark web. National internet. You will be surprised what gems are hidden behind aftificial firewall made by google, meta e.t.c. 

I do not say that artificial wall are made by goverment to control your thoughts, but this is fact, internet is very divided place.