Help Reprogramming Dell BIOS

Canoeven

At work I have a couple Dell Optiplex 7080 which is BIOS locked from the previous owner and we can’t get the password or proof of ownership so we’re resorting to reprogramming the chips. My colleague at a different site where it was before I got it tried and got an error so he made a copy, took the chip from a broken 7060, and loaded it with the BIOS with no password. They got brought over to me before they could fix the other one so now I’m trying to fix it with much less skill in this area.

I’ve got a CH341 reprogrammer with the chip (MXIC MX25L25673GMI-08G), the .bin my colleague made with password and service tag removed, and NeoProgrammer. I’ve successfully removed passwords with older devices but nothing yet from Dell or with 16 pins. Every time I try I get the error “Verification error on address: 0x00000000, Device: 0x00, Buffer: 0x10” and also tried with a 7060 chip and it gives the same error. I’ve tried multiple USB ports of different specs and different PCs and get the same error every time but it’s only when I try write a file to it (I can wipe the chip without issue). My colleague said they had the same error on their 7080 chip but not on the 7060. I’ve tried looking up the error but can’t find a fix, any ideas? They also suggested it wasn’t getting enough power but I tried one of the higher voltage USB ports on both PCs and still nothing. 

This forum will not help with bypassing security measures.

Piracy, Hacking, and other Illegal Activities

• Discussion on how to engage in piracy is not allowed.
    • Redistribution of copyrighted material, including links to third party hosting sites, is not permitted.
    • Discussion of piracy in general is acceptable (e.g. "Game X becomes the most pirated game ever").
    • Hackintosh discussion is permitted.
  • Discussion on engaging in hacking or cracking is not allowed, including:
    • Bypassing security features, restrictions, or filters (including parental filters, school restrictions, or workplace monitoring), including on your own device.
  • Any illegal content or discussion on engaging in illegal activities is not permitted. Canadian law applies, as well as any jurisdictions that apply to you.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2