GTX 1080 Zotac AMP Exterme Overclocking

Hi Guys, 

My PC is starting to show sings of slowness in certains games and I wanted to help increase what my GPU can do while I am stuck with my curent processor (i5 4690K) 
So I am curently looking for an little stable overclock either onto MSI Afterburner or Zotac FireStorm (I got both) 
I think my cooling is sufficient enough that I don't need to worry (at least for right now) 
So if anyone could help me unlock at bit more power from this hunk of a GPU I got for now and later as I'll change my CPU as soon as i could since I am bootlenecked 

Thanks 

use zotac firestorm auto oc

My solutions suck alot of the time

Clearing your bottleneck would likely help far more than overclocking your GPU.

If the GPU is already too fast for your CPU to keep up, making the GPU faster won't help anything.

If you're going to be overclocking anything, I would start with your CPU(provided you have a Z97 motherboard), as that will alleviate your bottleneck a little bit.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

34 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Clearing your bottleneck would likely help far more than overclocking your GPU.

If the GPU is already too fast for your CPU to keep up, making the GPU faster won't help anything.

If you're going to be overclocking anything, I would start with your CPU(provided you have a Z97 motherboard), as that will alleviate your bottleneck a little bit.

Thanks but I already did 
My cpu is at 4.4 GHz and is stable most of the time 
I should try running it a tad bit slower to see if it helps maybe but yeah it's more for later down the road when I switch to a better CPU 

1 hour ago, zelkho_ said:

a tad bit slower to see if it helps

No youre just hardline CPU bottlenecked at 1080p especially on modern titles, i wouldnt downclock unless youre sure that its thermal throttling in which case id go for a deep physical cleanup. Also, stick to one GPU OC software to avoid software conflicts.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

9 hours ago, SorryClaire said:

No youre just hardline CPU bottlenecked at 1080p especially on modern titles, i wouldnt downclock unless youre sure that its thermal throttling in which case id go for a deep physical cleanup. Also, stick to one GPU OC software to avoid software conflicts.

Nah I'm good I overspeced my cooling and got a 360mm AIO for my CPU 
When I said underclock I mean underclock my OC to see if it improves stability 
And thanks for the software tip but I already knew that 

18 hours ago, zelkho_ said:

Thanks but I already did 
My cpu is at 4.4 GHz and is stable most of the time 
I should try running it a tad bit slower to see if it helps maybe but yeah it's more for later down the road when I switch to a better CPU 

At that point, the only thing that will actually help you is getting a better CPU, then. Luckily a 4790K shouldn't run you too much over on Ebay these days.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!