Heavy Stuttering and FPS Drops in Windows 11 on a New Laptop.

I bought ASUS TUF Gaming A15 with the following specs recently,

RAM :- 16GB DDR5
CPU :- AMD Ryzen 7-6800H

GPU :- Nvidia RTX 3050Ti ; TGP:- 95W

Now, whenever I plug the charger in, I face heavy stuttering, FPS Drops, Wattage and Temperature drops while gaming in regular intervals of time. Whereas, while on Battery Power, My laptop works absolutely fine... This happens in all games too.

I checked and there is no thermal throttling as the temperatures hardly touch 80 Celsius...
I called an ASUS Onsite Engineer and all he did was thermal repasting and a factory reset...

According to YouTube, Tinkering and setting a power plan should work but in my case, it resolves the problem only for one session of gaming and the issue persists when I boot the laptop the next day...
I believe its not a hardware issue...
Please Help me fix this guys...

But this doesn’t happen on battery?

The thing about stuttering is it’s a symptom of a machine that works, but barely.  As such there are piles of different things that might be wrong.  I recall one where the problem was a partially occluded fan on a gpu that wasn’t showing any temperature problems. It sort of a hair puller generally.  You just try stuff until something magically works.  With laptops the first thing I think of is heat problems caused by a less than perfect airflow situation.  Dumping it on a pillow or a shag carpet or something that blocks the bottom vents.  

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

28 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

But this doesn’t happen on battery?

The thing about stuttering is it’s a symptom of a machine that works, but barely.  As such there are piles of different things that might be wrong.  I recall one where the problem was a partially occluded fan on a gpu that wasn’t showing any temperature problems. It sort of a hair puller generally.  You just try stuff until something magically works.  With laptops the first thing I think of is heat problems caused by a less than perfect airflow situation.  Dumping it on a pillow or a shag carpet or something that blocks the bottom vents.  

No, it does not happen on battery at all... 
I opened and checked the system too, its all good...
Even it is kept on a table and temps are fine...
What could be the issue? I need a fix because I am going to college soon..

WhatsApp Image 2023-05-23 at 7.25.21 AM.jpeg

What this could be is a problem specifically with the dGPU then.  A lot of laptops simply don’t run the dGPU at all if they’re not plugged in, and run th iGP only.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

48 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

What this could be is a problem specifically with the dGPU then.  A lot of laptops simply don’t run the dGPU at all if they’re not plugged in, and run th iGP only.

But I have checked, and the dGPU is getting used... Nearly 70% of it...

1 hour ago, Nischaya008 said:

But I have checked, and the dGPU is getting used... Nearly 70% of it...

On battery?  Then your machine doesn’t work that way… unless it is but for some reason isn’t.  This smells of windows corruption.  This is one of those times I might just pull the chain.  Something is messed up software wise and I don’t even have a good place to start.  A refresh could be tried I guess..  they’re quick, easy, might work, and don’t do any damage. A full backup might be a good idea though.

6 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

On battery?  Then your machine doesn’t work that way… unless it is but for some reason isn’t.  This smells of windows corruption.  This is one of those times I might just pull the chain.  Something is messed up software wise and I don’t even have a good place to start.  A refresh could be tried I guess..  they’re quick, easy, might work, and don’t do any damage. A full backup might be a good idea though.

A full fresh reinstall is already been done. Nothing got solved. And my GPU mode is set to ultimate in armoury crate So, thats why it should give good performance although changing mode doesn't change a whole lot...

4 hours ago, Nischaya008 said:

A full fresh reinstall is already been done. Nothing got solved. And my GPU mode is set to ultimate in armoury crate So, thats why it should give good performance although changing mode doesn't change a whole lot...

Armory crate is a dumpster fire and has been fo years.  It could actually be that.  Then,barring the mentioned heat and software issues from misuse it’s likely a hardware failure.  Highly unusual but it happens.  Thing should still be under warranty.