Headphone recommendations

Sentairider42

So I'm looking into buying a new gaming after I accidentally broke my previous ones. However, all the ones I've gotten broke at the same part but for different reasons. That part being the "joint" between the headband and the actual earphones. For the record, my most recent pair was the wired HyperX Cloud II. Do any of you guys have suggestions on a pair with a better joint?

2 minutes ago, Sentairider42 said:

So I'm looking into buying a new gaming after I accidentally broke my previous ones. However, all the ones I've gotten broke at the same part but for different reasons. That part being the "joint" between the headband and the actual earphones. For the record, my most recent pair was the wired HyperX Cloud II. Do any of you guys have suggestions on a pair with a better joint?

wireless logitech g935s are amzing, my friend daily drives them @Bob__

you dont need an aio for anything but i9 cpus or heavy oc jobs just get an nh-d15 or peerless assassin

MARK THE SOLUTION AS SOLUTION

i am 14 so i may be wrong sometimes

@Bob__ is a w

Forgot to clarify one thing; I'm specifically looking for a wired pair.

12 minutes ago, Sentairider42 said:

raazer blacksharks then https://www.amazon.com/Razer-BlackShark-Gaming-Headset-Detachable/dp/B086PKMZ1Q/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=razer+black+shark&qid=1685063633&sr=8-3&ufe=app_do%3Aamzn1.fos.006c50ae-5d4c-4777-9bc0-4513d670b6bc

you dont need an aio for anything but i9 cpus or heavy oc jobs just get an nh-d15 or peerless assassin

@Bob__ is a w

35 minutes ago, Sentairider42 said:

Philips fidelio x2hr if you want to spend more these things are so balanced its insane for their price

It sounds like you are abusing your headsets if even the hyperx cloud II broke as honestly the build quality on those is probably one of the best for gaming headsets. It sounds like you might have a big head and either waring them to tight or the headphones don't have large enough adjustments for your head. Or it could be the case that when you take the headphones off you don't slip them off forward or backwards but pull on one earphone outward which is sometimes I see people do which puts alot of stress on that joint you pointed out. 

Also hardware Canucks youtube channel does a pretty good headphone reviews if you want someone who has tried all off the gaming headsets and can actually compare them based on personal experience. To me that is much more valuable as most people on this form probably only have experience with maybe 3 to 4 headphones compared to them who do this stuff for a living and actually go into evaluating different aspects of a headsets that your normal consumer might not even think of. 

1 hour ago, Brooksie359 said:

It sounds like you are abusing your headsets if even the hyperx cloud II broke as honestly the build quality on those is probably one of the best for gaming headsets. It sounds like you might have a big head and either waring them to tight or the headphones don't have large enough adjustments for your head. Or it could be the case that when you take the headphones off you don't slip them off forward or backwards but pull on one earphone outward which is sometimes I see people do which puts alot of stress on that joint you pointed out. 

I won't deny that possibility. Whenever I have to talk to someone in the room while using my headset, I usually pull one earphone back so I can hear them while also hearing what I'm currently listening to.

7 minutes ago, Sentairider42 said:

I won't deny that possibility. Whenever I have to talk to someone in the room while using my headset, I usually pull one earphone back so I can hear them while also hearing what I'm currently listening to.

Yeah that can have an effect overtime. Granted eventually things tend to break so if it lasted a good amount of time then it's probably fine but if it fairly fast then you might have gotten one that had a defect or simply too much strain was put on the joint and I can see how the one ear waring style could cause issue if done all the time. On idea is maybe get open back headphones if you like to talk to people while still being able to hear the people around you. The only issue is that open back headphones tend to be annoying when you are in a loud environment and you can clearly everything around you so now that loud air conditioner or maybe coil whine is super noticeable. So long story short is you could potentially get the epos 6HPRO open back version if you are into the open back headphones. Epos was sennheiser's gaming headphones brand before they were rebranded to epos. Also I have the closed back version of the h6pro and love them and they are also wired which I prefer. Also detachable mic is super nice of you want to use them as normal headphones when you are outside as it looks like any other set of over ear headphones at that point. Also the headphones have a great review from most people who have reviewed them on YouTube. 

10 hours ago, Sentairider42 said:

what is your budget?

also the cloud 2s are very well built how did you manage to break the yoke on those?

these sennheiser ones look great and sound great https://www.amazon.com/Drop-Sennheiser-PC38X-Gaming-Headset/dp/B08TX6GQTB

@Bob__ is a w