Finding an Old model of Graphics Card

Hi all, I am trying to repair my Dell Inspiron 5759 laptop and am trying to find an AMD Radeon R5 M335 GPU. Unfortunately, it is an older model and not sold by Dell. Any ideas where I can pick one up?

Kind Regards,

WeTuLo

To clarify, you are trying to repair the GPU on an 8 year old laptop. Is that correct?
If so, I assume you have a BGA reflow/replace machine. 

Your best bet will likely be finding a parts-only donor unit, ideally with a cracked screen, and harvesting the chip off that. Otherwise you're looking at ordering them by pound off Alibaba from a recycler.

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

Just making sure you understand this isn't a socketed PCIE card like on a desktop.  It's soldered to the motherboard of the laptop.

your best bet is buying a (or ideally.. a few) laptops or laptop motherboards with matching chips.. but if you had the tools to rework BGA i dont think we'd have to say this.. so the conclusion here is "not gonna happen".

1 hour ago, TheGlenlivet said:

Just making sure you understand this isn't a socketed PCIE card like on a desktop.  It's soldered to the motherboard of the laptop.

Did not know that. Thank you for the clarification. I will be getting a rework station in the near future, as I have to replace some mosfets on a separate laptop, but I do not think that I will be adding the GPU to this model.

1 hour ago, OddOod said:

To clarify, you are trying to repair the GPU on an 8 year old laptop. Is that correct?
If so, I assume you have a BGA reflow/replace machine. 

Your best bet will likely be finding a parts-only donor unit, ideally with a cracked screen, and harvesting the chip off that. Otherwise you're looking at ordering them by pound off Alibaba from a recycler.

Yep, all of that is correct. I will just go without one on this model. I am going to get a rework station in the future, but I do not want to use it to install a GPU from scratch. Not my idea of fun.

Thank you all thought for filling me in on all this!