DOCP shutting down my system

stvbdkd

So, I recently had to replace my old Asus PRIME X570-P motherboard  that I bought about 2 years ago.
The problem is that when I try to setup the DOCP profile or manually change the speed of my RAM to 3200 my pc shuts down off about 3 seconds, then reboots, then shuts down again and the same for about three times before booting.

My specs:CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition 57.3 CFM CPU Cooler
Mobo: Asus PRIME X570-P
RAM: 32 GB (TEAMGROUP T-Force Delta RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory)

GPU: MSI GAMING X TRIO GeForce RTX 4080 16 GB Video Card
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G6 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply
Storage: Primary Drive Sabrent Rocket 4 Plus 1 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive Secondary Drive Sabrent Rocket 4 Plus 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive
PCIE Extras: PCI-E to USB 3.0 7-Port(2x USB-C - 5x USB-A )Expansion Card, Ziyituod AX200 WiFi 6 Card

Do you have an option of running the ram at 3000? If so, put in the timings and voltage manually but instead of 3200mhz do the 3000 option. See if that works.

1 hour ago, Whatisthis said:

Do you have an option of running the ram at 3000? If so, put in the timings and voltage manually but instead of 3200mhz do the 3000 option. See if that works.

I attempted that and i got the same result 

10 minutes ago, stvbdkd said:

I attempted that and i got the same result 

it sounds like that RAM is not playing nice with your cpu/mobo.

Try running just one stick in slot A2 and see if that will work at the advertised speed. If it does, swap sticks and see if the other one works. You may have a dud stick, or dual channel is causing a problem.

If the single sticks don’t work, trying a different set of RAM would be the next step. Do some reading on what RAM is known to work well in your particular motherboard. If the new set also has issues, then there is some kind of mobo/cpu issue happening.

42 minutes ago, Whatisthis said:

it sounds like that RAM is not playing nice with your cpu/mobo.

Try running just one stick in slot A2 and see if that will work at the advertised speed. If it does, swap sticks and see if the other one works. You may have a dud stick, or dual channel is causing a problem.

If the single sticks don’t work, trying a different set of RAM would be the next step. Do some reading on what RAM is known to work well in your particular motherboard. If the new set also has issues, then there is some kind of mobo/cpu issue happening.

I can get two out of 4 working on 3200 but the other two 

Ok, didn’t realize you were running 4 sticks. That’s really hard for the memory controller. You’ll probably never get it to work at 3200mhz regardless of the RAM. You can either live with reduced speed (you can probably get it up somewhat from the stock 2133) or buy a 2 stick set. 

5 minutes ago, Whatisthis said:

Ok, didn’t realize you were running 4 sticks. That’s really hard for the memory controller. You’ll probably never get it to work at 3200mhz regardless of the RAM. You can either live with reduced speed (you can probably get it up somewhat from the stock 2133) or buy a 2 stick set. 

when i had my old motherboard the same model it work with 4 sticks i don't get it 

4 hours ago, stvbdkd said:

when i had my old motherboard the same model it work with 4 sticks i don't get it 

General rule of thumb - 2 sticks are always more stable than 4. Your mobo or cpu or actually mobo and cpu combo might not like 4 sticks , and that's that sadly. Besides looking for best stable timings and speed there's not much else to do. 

GPU : RTX 3070 Gaming X TRIO | CPU : Ryzen 5 7600 \ COOLER : Deepcool AK620 | MOBO : ASUS TUF Gaming B650 Plus | RAM : Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 16GBx2 6200 MHz \ Storage : Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 1TB \ PSU : Corsair TX750M | CASE : Be Quite! Pure Base 500DX Black

Is your bios up to date? 

Your ram on the supported list? 

Have you tried to set your ram to 1.4 volt? 

Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite,  Ryzen 9 3900x, Dark Rock Pro 4, 16 GB Crucial Ballistix  RGB 3600 MHz CL16 RAM, RTX 3080 TI FE Watercooled, 6 Case Fans,  Fractal Design Meshify S2

You are awesome, stay safe and healthy.

17 minutes ago, SamClan said:

Is your bios up to date? 

Your ram on the supported list? 

Have you tried to set your ram to 1.4 volt? 

No but I will try that and also my cpu cooler fan light isn't turning on but the fan is spinning when the pc is running 

when the other 2 sticks are in i can't even get to the bios to set the volt to 1.4 

nevermind on the cpu cooler lights are working now the connector wasn't seated all the way down I assume so 

3 hours ago, stvbdkd said:

when the other 2 sticks are in i can't even get to the bios to set the volt to 1.4 

Even if you load default settings install all 4 sticks and try it? 

Have you checked if the ram is faulty?

Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite,  Ryzen 9 3900x, Dark Rock Pro 4, 16 GB Crucial Ballistix  RGB 3600 MHz CL16 RAM, RTX 3080 TI FE Watercooled, 6 Case Fans,  Fractal Design Meshify S2

You are awesome, stay safe and healthy.

7 hours ago, SamClan said:

Even if you load default settings install all 4 sticks and try it? 

Have you checked if the ram is faulty?

I removed the cmos battery and put it back in and i also try to run the system with all 4 sticks in system won't post nothing on display or either the keyboard doesn't lightup I also disabled DOCP profile before I put in the 4 sticks didn't do nothing 

5 hours ago, stvbdkd said:

I removed the cmos battery and put it back in and i also try to run the system with all 4 sticks in system won't post nothing on display or either the keyboard doesn't lightup I also disabled DOCP profile before I put in the 4 sticks didn't do nothing 

It seemed from your original description that only docp didn’t work with 4 sticks.  It now it seems like you can’t get the 2 new sticks to even post?

If so, try one stick at a time. Seems one is bad.

5 hours ago, Whatisthis said:

It seemed from your original description that only docp didn’t work with 4 sticks.  It now it seems like you can’t get the 2 new sticks to even post?

If so, try one stick at a time. Seems one is bad.

I have done that I tested 1 stick at a time and it came down to two sticks not working the other two work fine on 3200 so I guess I be buying me 2 new 8GB 3200 sticks