Suddenly getting worse frames in games

ThomasTheTrain8

Recently Ive been getting ~30 fps in games that I play regularly (Genshin, R6, and CODMW2) and I haven't changed anything with my pc. I've made sure everything is up to date and it doesn't help. My cup fan turns of for a second then spins back up so that might have something to do with it but I don't know how to fix it.

I am running a Ryzen 7 3700x, B450 Steel Legend, and a 3060 TI

2 minutes ago, ThomasTheTrain8 said:

My cup fan turns of for a second then spins back up so that might have something to do with it but I don't know how to fix it.

Have you checked the CPU temperatures? Maybe something is going very wrong here. Also check the frequency it is running at, if you can in ryzen master instead of task manager.

sudden performance loss? sure there isnt something in the background running? try a malwarebytes scan

8 hours ago, UnusualDevices said:

sudden performance loss? sure there isnt something in the background running? try a malwarebytes scan

nothing more than usual and sometimes even less, just did a scan and found nothing also

8 hours ago, adm0n said:

Have you checked the CPU temperatures? Maybe something is going very wrong here. Also check the frequency it is running at, if you can in ryzen master instead of task manager.

CPU temps seem fine did a small test on COD and its max was high 70s

Roll back the most recent windows updates. Someone else had this type of issue and removing the most recent updates fixed the issue.

Reapply thermal paste, reoptimize, rollback drivers reseat gpu n ram.   Fresh install windows.