Weird Event Viewer Issue

I have a weird issue. I bought a Seagate Desktop 8TB External Hard Drive HDD – USB 3.0 a few years back and it started to have bad sectors, so I ordered another one and replaced it.

After a few months of usage this error started to pop up in the Event Viewer: The IO operation at logical block address 0x0 for Disk 4 (PDO name: \Device\00000051) failed due to a hardware error. I contacted Seagate and got a RMA and have have had this drive since March 9 2023, two days ago the errors started to appear again.

The weird thing is that I am on new Motherboard and CPU, and fresh install of Windows 11, this error does not appear on other computers. Crystal Disk Info shows no errors and the drive works fine other than that error. It also seems that the errors start if I boot with the drive’s USB plugged in, if I plug the drive in after boot the errors don’t appear. I don’t think the drive is failing, any ideas?

****UPDATE: Seems to be an issue with any external drive plugged in to usb ***

****UPDATE: So just had 2 different usb HDD plugged in, I rebooted and only one caused the error in the event manager, I unplugged that one and kept the one that this post was talking about plugged in, rebooted no errors, maybe it fixed itself, maybe I have usb port issues? 

CURRENT PC SPECS:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600 3.5 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($130.00 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($209.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($64.98 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo 500 GB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($64.98 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Western Digital Green 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($49.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 3.5" 7200 RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($38.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 3.5" 7200 RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($38.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GAMING 8G Radeon RX 590 8 GB Video Card  ($487.04 @ Amazon) 
Case: Fractal Design Focus G ATX Mid Tower Case  ($64.98 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair RM650x (2018) 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($165.95 @ Amazon) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  ($24.99 @ Amazon) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Home OEM - DVD 64-bit  ($119.98 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1460.86
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2023-05-22 18:32 EDT-0400

54 minutes ago, djdoubt03 said:

I have a weird issue. I bought a Seagate Desktop 8TB External Hard Drive HDD – USB 3.0 a few years back and it started to have bad sectors, so I ordered another one and replaced it.

After a few months of usage this error started to pop up in the Event Viewer: The IO operation at logical block address 0x0 for Disk 4 (PDO name: \Device\00000051) failed due to a hardware error. I contacted Seagate and got a RMA and have have had this drive since March 9 2023, two days ago the errors started to appear again.

The weird thing is that I am on new Motherboard and CPU, and fresh install of Windows 11, this error does not appear on other computers. Crystal Disk Info shows no errors and the drive works fine other than that error. It also seems that the errors start if I boot with the drive’s USB plugged in, if I plug the drive in after boot the errors don’t appear. I don’t think the drive is failing, any ideas?

Have you updated the usb ports and tried a bios update?

Updated usb ports, could you elaborate on that please? 

I have not updated the BIOS, the the errors just started popping up over the last two day, I had this MOBO since Jan and the HDD since March. I can't imagine a BIOS update fixing this, people have been having issues with the newer BIOS on my MOBO so I'm hesitant to update.