Power LED doesn't turn on, so does the rest of the pc

LukeLinusFanFic

Hi!

I just rebuilt my computer, and suddenly, when I got back home, the power LED won't turn on, and the computer doesn't start. When I hit the button, the PSU fan does one spin, and the rgb ram illuminates, but that's it. No fan spin.

What's the likely culprit? The motherboard? The PSU? The latter is a few years old Corsair 600w sfx model.

Ryzen 5 5600

Gigabyte A520I ac

RTX 3060 inno3d

Thank you!

I once gave Luke and Linus pizza.

Proud member of the ITX club.

**SCRAPYARD WARS!!!!**

#BringBackLuke

5 minutes ago, LukeLinusFanFic said:

Hi!

I just rebuilt my computer, and suddenly, when I got back home, the power LED won't turn on, and the computer doesn't start. When I hit the button, the PSU fan does one spin, and the rgb ram illuminates, but that's it. No fan spin.

What's the likely culprit? The motherboard? The PSU? The latter is a few years old Corsair 600w sfx model.

Ryzen 5 5600

Gigabyte A520I ac

RTX 3060 inno3d

Thank you!

try and reseat cpu

Dont forget to mark as solution if your question is answered

Note: My advice is amateur help/beginner troubleshooting, someone else can probably troubleshoot way better than me.

- I do have some experience, and I can use google pretty well. - Feel free to quote me I may respond soon.

Join team Red, my apprentice

STOP SIDING WITH NVIDIA

Setup:
Ryzen 7 5800X3DSapphire Nitro+ 7900XTX 24GB / ROG STRIX B550-F Gaming / Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler / EVGA SuperNova 850 G2 / Lian Li Dynamic Evo White Case / 2x16 GB Kingston FURY RAM / 2x 1TB Lexar 710 / iiYama 1440p 165HZ Montitor, iiYama 1080p 75Hz Monitor / Shure MV7 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo / GK61 Keyboard / Cooler Master MM712 (daily driver) Logitech G502-X (MMO mouse) / Soundcore Life Q20 w/ Arctis 3 w/ WF-1000XM3

CPU OC: -30 all cores @AutoGhz

GPU OC: 3Ghz Core 2750Mhz Memory w/ 25%W increase (460W)

Something probably isnt seated in all the way. Check all cable connections, and reseat ram, cpu, gpu, etc.

PC Specifications: Intel i9-14900KF, 5.8GHz all core locked, 5GHz ring, 1.35v High LLC, E-cores and HT disabled | MSI RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 + Thermal Grizzly contact frame | 2x16 G.Skill Trident Z5 7400MHz 34-44-44-34 1T 1.45v (Tuned Subtimings, Hynix A-Die) | Gigabyte Z790 AORUS Elite AX | Windows 10/11 EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 T2 Phanteks P400A (Black non-rgb version, Phanteks T30 fans 3 intake (On AIO), 1 exhaust) | SK Hynix Platinum P41 2TB PCIE 4.0 (Boot drive), Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SATA

Displays: MSI MAG 271QPX 1440p 360Hz 27" QD-OLED | LG UltraGear 27GP950-B, 4K 144Hz (@120hz) 27" IPS

Desktop Audio: STAX SR-007 MK2 Electrostatic Headphones | STAX SRM-400S Amp | Schiit Bifrost 2/64 (NOS mode, USB in, XLR out)

Mobile Audio: Sennheiser IE 900 IEMs w/ 4.4mm cable | FiiO KA13 "Desktop mode" Disabled

Peripherals: Razer Huntsman V2 Full size wired with linear optical switch | Logitech G502 Hero

9 minutes ago, LukeLinusFanFic said:

Hi!

Ryzen 5 5600

Gigabyte A520I ac

RTX 3060 inno3d

Thank you!

Reseat the CMOS battery. If this fails Reseat core components. It's likely something not seated correctly if all you've done is rebuild it. 

A mistake I've made before is putting one of the case headers in the wrong slot. Check to make sure your power and reset headers are in the right spot. 

Best of luck! 

Glowing screen captures,

Sleep eludes, lost in pixels,

Restless eyes still yearn.

-ChatGPT; the greatest poet of our generation.

You said it suddenly wasn't working.   So it was working fine, you shut it down and then it didn't start again?

Well reseat the GPU, check all cables, if that doesn't change things disassemble it, hook up just the motherboard

to the power outside the case and turn it on.  Should get some angry error codes, which is a sign of life.

37 minutes ago, LukeLinusFanFic said:

Hi!

Ryzen 5 5600

Gigabyte A520I ac

RTX 3060 inno3d

Thank you!

It depends on what you define as 'rebuilt'. If that involved removing the CPU and/or cooler, then its possibly related to the CPU. PGA can be a B when it comes to even removing coolers, where sucking the CPU out of socket isn't uncommon.

If you didn't mess with the CPU+cooler at all, then I'd look elsewhere since that's a stone you'd want to turn over last with PGA sockets. Very easy to bend pins without really doing anything wrong.

Ryzen 7950x3D Direct Die NH-D15

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

Builder/Enthusiast/Overclocker since 2012  //  Professional IT since 2017

Pull the RAM out and see if you get a RAM error on trying to boot. If yes, then plug back in one stick at a time. If no, then you have a CPU/mobo/psu issue.