New build, case fans run when I turn on the PSU

ChizFriGame

Hey guys, I wanted to solicit some advice.

Yesterday I built my first PC, and when I was connecting the case and cooler fans, they all had SATA power connectors. I plugged those in directly to the PSU and connected all the headers I could find to the motherboard. When I turn on the PSU, but not the PC, the fans start spinning and some of the RGB in the case turns on. Am I missing something?

Case: Phantecks Enthoo Elite
Mobo: Gigabyte x790 UD AC

Cooler: Deepcool LS720

If they have 3 or 4 pin connectors to MOBO you dont need to plug them through any other means . Remove those SATA connections.

GPU : RTX 3070 Gaming X TRIO | CPU : Ryzen 5 7600 \ COOLER : Deepcool AK620 | MOBO : ASUS TUF Gaming B650 Plus | RAM : Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 16GBx2 6200 MHz \ Storage : Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 1TB \ PSU : Corsair TX750M | CASE : Be Quite! Pure Base 500DX Black

On 5/22/2023 at 2:14 AM, DontBeSillyWrapYourWilly said:

If they have 3 or 4 pin connectors to MOBO you dont need to plug them through any other means . Remove those SATA connections.

I did as you said, but now the fans aren’t spinning at all. 

I double checked the connections to the motherboard and they are in. (Photos attached)

The cable in CPU_FAN is run to the radiator fans on the AIO, CPU_OPT is connected to the pump of the AIO, and SYS_FAN2A is run to the case fans. 

IMG_1228.jpeg

IMG_1229.jpeg

You have a cable labeled “to motherboard cpu_fan” connected to the sysfan header.

the cable connected to cpu fan header doesn’t supply power, only rpm sensing. Whatever that is connected to will need a separate power connection. Usually that kind of setup will go to a fan control box where you plug in the case fans and power, and it uses the fan header for the speed control for all fans connected to it. 

this looks like it’s wired incorrectly.

6 hours ago, ChizFriGame said:

I did as you said, but now the fans aren’t spinning at all. 

I double checked the connections to the motherboard and they are in. (Photos attached)

The cable in CPU_FAN is run to the radiator fans on the AIO, CPU_OPT is connected to the pump of the AIO, and SYS_FAN2A is run to the case fans. 

IMG_1228.jpeg

IMG_1229.jpeg

Well you have your wiring done incorrectly. AIO pump requires AIO PUMP header afaik , might be some alternative way to feed it if your mobo doesnt have one. 'to motherboard cpu_fan' obviously goes to cpu fan , not system fan2.

Your chassis fans goes to "system fan x headers" , cpu fan is going to CPU FAN HEADER , CPU Optional header is for second CPU fan if your cooler has two fans ( though it is easier just to daisy chain them to a single cpu fan header ) . 

If you are using AIO you should look to it's manual on how to wire it correctly to the motherboard.

GPU : RTX 3070 Gaming X TRIO | CPU : Ryzen 5 7600 \ COOLER : Deepcool AK620 | MOBO : ASUS TUF Gaming B650 Plus | RAM : Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 16GBx2 6200 MHz \ Storage : Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 1TB \ PSU : Corsair TX750M | CASE : Be Quite! Pure Base 500DX Black