Star Citizen seems to be causing mic to stop working while in game and only in game

Spearlight

My Brother has been having issue with playing star citizen while being in a party either in Discord Or using the Xbox party app from windows itself. His mic will either go robotic while in the game or sometimes it will cut completely out but if he alt-tab out of the game it seems to fix itself. We have tried disabling windows audio exclusive control setting. We have tried verify the files of Star Citizen we have tried to run both discord and SC in admin mode. He has no sound card installed. I have listed brief specs below if anyone has any idea of solutions or possible answers let me know and let me know if you need more information on the PC.

Windows 11

CPU: i7-10700F

GPU: RTX 2060

RAM: 32GB 3200 Mhz
Headset: Corsair HS80 Wireless Headset

Is this on multiple machines or just one machine?  In multiple games or just star citizen? Has anything else been played?

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

This is on one machines and only in star citizen and has not happened in any other game

2 hours ago, Spearlight said:

This is on one machines and only in star citizen and has not happened in any other game

Other games have been played on that machine though?  Trying to make sure this is specifically a star citizen only issue.  Some people play only one game, especially star citizen as people dedicate rigs just to play it, and a problem with that game may actually be a problem with the OS or hardware.  Unfortunately If it’s just star citizen that may not completely answer the question because star citizen does a lot of unorthodox things so there could be an issue that only pops up in that game even though it works with others.  Also, it’s player base isn’t that large relatively, so you may have run into a bug no one else has run into yet.  Have you looked on star citizen specific forums?

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 hour ago, Bombastinator said:

Other games have been played on that machine though?

Yes

1 hour ago, Bombastinator said:

Have you looked on star citizen specific forums?

I have made the same forum posting but no response has been giving yet

19 minutes ago, Spearlight said:

Yes

I have made the same forum posting but no response has been giving yet

Yeah activity varies widely on different forums.  Also it’s night in North America atm.  Might get some action when people wake up.  To make it more fun star citizen is and will probably always be beta, so hiccups will happen.