AMD wraith cooler dodgey Setup?

Go to solution Solved by Hinjima,
1 minute ago, FireLegend said:

Hi, 

Sorry if I'm being dillisional but I need to power on my cpu fan and I can't use my pcs because my cooler is already on their and can't be bothered and found a connector which is similar which is 5v with metal prongs will this work? I just need to check the fan.

20230517_194449.jpg

Just plug it into any of the other fan headers on the motherboard for case fans?

Hi, 

Sorry if I'm being dillisional but I need to power on my cpu fan and I can't use my pcs because my cooler is already on their and can't be bothered and found a connector which is similar which is 5v with metal prongs will this work? I just need to check the fan.

20230517_194449.jpg

1 minute ago, FireLegend said:

Hi, 

20230517_194449.jpg

Just plug it into any of the other fan headers on the motherboard for case fans?

The Fan is 12V, so if you supply it with 5V, probably nothing will happen. You will need an actual 12V DC source.

34 minutes ago, adm0n said:

The Fan is 12V, so if you supply it with 5V, probably nothing will happen. You will need an actual 12V DC source.

36 minutes ago, Hinjima said:

Ahh alright thanks man!