Aio for 11400f with power limits unlocked.

gasolin

Aio for 11400f with power limits unlocked.

Aida 64 fpu and cache (especially fpu) is a nightmare, throttling and edc,current limit

New cpu cooler, my Corsair n60x elite is the first ever aio i have with no problem using it, since the pump is not annoying for my.

I just need a cooler with the same fans and pump but 240,280 or 360mm (cheap)

What is the diffrence in pump between my cooler and the Corsair iCUE H100i RGB ELITE,Corsair iCUE H115i RGB ELITE,Corsair iCUE H150i RGB ELITE

I know theres a size diffrence but mine isn't a corsair i aio cooler, it's an x cooler (can't google what pump is used in the mentioned corsair aio's)  https://www.corsair.com/eu/en/Categories/Products/Liquid-Cooling/iCUE-RGB-ELITE-Liquid-CPU-Cooler/p/CW-9060064-WW

240mm in the top or 280/360 in the front of my corsair 4000d airflow tg, not shure if the aio in the front will give me more noise in the front and if the tubs up or down makes a difference in the nosie from the pump (not so much if the best is up or down but do to what aio it is, if it makes a noise difference with tubes up or down)

2023-05-0712_04_38-how-to-place-lc_06.jpg(932600)GoogleChrome.thumb.png.2d2a5ce7c95b32d0534d3ea04d878d65.png

6 minutes ago, gasolin said:

240mm in the top or 280/360 in the front of my corsair 4000d airflow tg, not shure if the aio in the front will give me more noise in the front and if the tubs up or down makes a difference in the nosie from the pump (not so much if the best is up or down but do to what aio it is, if it makes a noise difference with tubes up or down)

Front intake tubes up can be louder and not at all recommended as it can cause air pockets impeding liquid flow.

Top exhaust has to deal with all the hot air from your GPU, reducing the ability to cool effectively.
Top intake is dumb as all that hot air you just pushed out the back can be sucked back in.

So IMO front intake, tubes down is the only sensible option as it avoids all those issues - the only one being if the tubes will reach.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

I would mount it as top intake.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Aqua Elite 360, 3x TL-B12, 2x TL-K12
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14 1.5v
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1495 | WD SN8501TB, SN850X2TB
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact, 2x TL-B14, TL-D14X

20 minutes ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

Front intake tubes up can be louder and not at all recommended as it can cause air pockets impeding liquid flow.

Top exhaust has to deal with all the hot air from your GPU, reducing the ability to cool effectively.
Top intake is dumb as all that hot air you just pushed out the back can be sucked back in.

So IMO front intake, tubes down is the only sensible option as it avoids all those issues - the only one being if the tubes will reach.

So bottom right picture 82.4 and 74.4c ?  What size ?

12 minutes ago, freeagent said:

I would mount it as top intake.

Top left picture ? 87c and 73c ?

I didn't actually look at the pic, its crazy that you are seeing those kinds of differences.

After seeing that, I would skip the AIO entirely.

14 minutes ago, gasolin said:

Because they are not as good as a good heatsink.

better temps with fans on the other side (push) 

also this would be thermal throttle for air coolers or very close to it 😛

im surprised it gets so hot as if it where an 8 core cpu or a ryzen 5800x, it has a higher power limit but don't go  above 4.4ghz

5 minutes ago, gasolin said:

im surprised it gets so hot as if it where an 8 core cpu or a ryzen 5800x, it has a higher power limit but don't go  above 4.4ghz

well maybe, u didnt  report 2 very important thing, watts and room temp (i do have a feeling that change in roomtemp ++ did play into those temps )

i would love to see a rerun  with fans on the best side, 

what watts ?

Fans on the best side ?

1 minute ago, gasolin said:

what watts ?

Fans on the best side ?

when a CPU or GPU is under load  that is messured in watts 😛 that number is related to the heat and therefor the temp

push is better than pull..  in ur best temp pic (and all front intake) they are pull...   aka worse 

im using much more than 100 watt at max power (high power limit)

I need a better cpu cooler unless im willing to go for a k cpu to be able to more specific oc a, i raised max power limit to avoid my cpu having trouble reaching and mantaining speeds above 3000 mhz

4 minutes ago, gasolin said:

im using much more than 100 watt at max power (high power limit)

I need a better cpu cooler unless im willing to go for a k cpu to be able to more specific oc a, i raised max power limit to avoid my cpu having trouble reaching and mantaining speeds above 3000 mhz

100w = 40c, maybe less xD  so ye i hope u use more then that 😄 

5 minutes ago, gasolin said:

how is 100 watt = 40c ?

194w there nice 

temps alittle high for 194w maybe but we dont know ur room temp

room temps ambient are normal 22c i guess

I just get ryzen 7 5800x temps, that cpu was also undervolted

Most is with fpu and cache

Update: higher power limits is essential for unlocking all the power my 11400f has

It just gets super hot with higher power limit

First i did was bying a bigger cooler Cooler Master ML240 ILLUSION i could get one for under 100 euros with shipping

Here is a review (11600k)https://www.funkykit.com/reviews/cooling/cooler-master-masterliquid-ml240-illusion-cpu-cooler-review/5/

My cpu is stock slow, mabye 1ghz 1000mhz slower in some situations compared to 4.2ghz 4200mhz with higher power limit, i alos bought a 11600k BECAUSE it's alo a hot cpu but not much more stock then my 11400f with higher power limit BUT it boost to 4.6ghz stock, right ?

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/intel-core-i5-11600k/23.html

Lower vcore and a bigger cooler would be enough for a atock 11600k which is much faster then a stock 11400f, as mentioned many times and now, a 11400f with high power limit is hot