ThinkVision T24h-10 DaisyChaining/MST only mirror the image how to extend

uberas

Hi all,

I’ve just bought 2 monitors wishing I’ll have one plugged into my Lenovo Yoga L13 gen 2 equipped with i5 1145G7 through usb-c and other one daisychained through DisplayPort.

On paper, it should work fine, I’ve connected thunderbolt 3 cable to one display, and I’ve managed to set up the monitors, although they can only be mirrored.

I can’t see MST option anywhere in the options, I’ve tried to swap monitors around, connect them unlogically (like in this video displayport in into usbc monitor displayport out onto standalone monitor - doesn’t make sense but apparently works for him https://youtu.be/bBxy0jAnI2A )

only thing I could observe is that the standalone monitor only un-grey daisychaining option while usb c connected display will always have it grayed out, turning it on or off on the standalone monitor doesn’t do anything. I’ve tried to swap them out, as I’ve found out some of them monitors had different BIOS revision but they also seem to be the same product code

Obviously I’ve tried to reset the laptop while everything is connected, turn off both first, while not second etc. 

I have latest drivers for intel graphics, and latest BIOS for my Lenovo thinkpad yoga l13 gen 2

the only thing I could think of is.. thunderbolt cable 3 instead of 4, but would it matter? Is monitor thunderbolt 3 maybe? It’s very short anyway and should output tb4 capabilities. It’s HPL60083-001 cable

83219D41-6818-4D3A-9AA9-BFA724FA59A0.jpeg

3866D09D-2498-4FFF-9C0E-1A6C41521B5C.jpeg

C3D827C7-9126-494B-BA4F-257D59482246.jpeg

its very possible the monitor only supports daisychaining on the full-size DP

This would be frustrating however, as you would not be able to then charge the laptop from the monitor or use the usb ports 

you should check the display settings on the monitor, my dell ones have a setting to turn it on or off in settings but it should be on by default. 

Literally sitting in front of two of the 27" version of this right now, plugged into a T14 Thinkpad

Looking at this on Lenovo's website, it says it should have 1 type C and 1 thunderbolt. If this is the case, are you sure you have it in the correct port?

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

2 hours ago, OddOod said:

Literally sitting in front of two of the 27" version of this right now, plugged into a T14 Thinkpad

Looking at this on Lenovo's website, it says it should have 1 type C and 1 thunderbolt. If this is the case, are you sure you have it in the correct port?

Yeah, tried both ports, doubt it’ll work through normal one.

it’s a shame, I can’t figure it out..

Could be the cable. Those TB cables are flakey as hell

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

22 minutes ago, OddOod said:

Could be the cable. Those TB cables are flakey as hell

Nope, no luck, I’ve ordered 10 and tested 10 of them, maybe thunderbolt 4 version could be the issue, but highly doubt as it’s short as hell and should work, additionally I couldn’t get any info about “what’s the version of TB in monitor itself”?

can anyone tell me whenever my iris graphics support DP MST?

I’ve connected both monitors through HDMI/USB-C and they work fine in triple monitor setup even, so it’s not a limitation on this side

3556650B-F6F4-40BC-BF5A-D7AF9E5AE626.jpeg

You could try dropping the resolution to 1080 and see if that fixes anything. At this point I'd contact Lenovo customer service

10 hours ago, OddOod said:

You could try dropping the resolution to 1080 and see if that fixes anything. At this point I'd contact Lenovo customer service

How did you connected your monitors? Usbc>M1>dp out>dp in M2? Or usbc>dpin>dpout m2(as shown in YouTube video)?

7 hours ago, uberas said:

How did you connected your monitors? Usbc>M1>dp out>dp in M2? Or usbc>dpin>dpout m2(as shown in YouTube video)?

I have a Thinkpad T14 Gen 3 with a Ryzen 6850U. I plugged the cable into the port with the power symbol (*not* the thunderbolt symbol because AMD), that goes to my right hand monitor which has all my peripherals plugged into it (as well as ethernet because the 27" model is a bit slicker), then I plugged a DP cable from DP out on that monitor to DP in on the other plus an A to C cable so I can daisy chain the USB. 
I get full fat 1440p@60 with this set up