should my cpu be this hot??

rust_naked1
Go to solution Solved by IkeaGnome,
24 minutes ago, rust_naked1 said:

do you have suggestions on how lower the temps?

Can we see your temps? 91 F and 91C are very different. 91F and it's a non issue. 91C and it's an issue. 

so I have just gotten done building my computer and applied thermal paste so I booted it up and I saw my temp goes straight from 74*F and then it raised to a solid 91*F and sits there. I don't know what's wrong with it but it's a stock cooler and an i5 4460

2 minutes ago, rust_naked1 said:

so I have just gotten done building my computer and applied thermal paste so I booted it up and I saw my temp goes straight from 74*F and then it raised to a solid 91*F and sits there. I don't know what's wrong with it but it's a stock cooler and an i5 4460

Those Temps are really low. You are fine.

Have you tried turning it off and on again? Maybe Restart it? 

Please make sure to Mark the Solution as a Solution.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I could be just about wrong as I am right.

Main RIG

13600K (Undervolted) +MSI Z690 Edge Wi-Fi+ Team Elite 32gb RAM (3200) +Noctua Nhd-15 Chromax Black+ Intel 670p 1TB SSD+ Intel Arc A770+ Corsair Crystal 465x case+ EVGA SuperNOVA 650W PSU.+ ASUS VP222 Gaming Monitor

Laptop for School: Surface go 2 (sucks ass)

Laptop for tinkering: Dell Inspirion 3358

Audio: Apple Airpods Pro (1st Gen)

(Apple_reigns_ supreme_ forever_ and_ ever)

(I am 15 years old and don't know shit about fucking shit.) 

Everyone must suffer one of two Pains: The pain of Discipline or the pain of regret and disappointment.

-Jim Rohn

3 minutes ago, rust_naked1 said:

that has to be the best cooler ever if you have only 94° FARENHEIT

are u sure its not celcius?

Dont forget to mark as solution if your question is answered

Note: My advice is amateur help/beginner troubleshooting, someone else can probably troubleshoot way better than me.

- I do have some experience, and I can use google pretty well. - Feel free to quote me I may respond soon.

Join team Red, my apprentice

STOP SIDING WITH NVIDIA

Setup:
Ryzen 7 5800X3DSapphire Nitro+ 7900XTX 24GB / ROG STRIX B550-F Gaming / Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler / EVGA SuperNova 850 G2 / Lian Li Dynamic Evo White Case / 2x16 GB Kingston FURY RAM / 2x 1TB Lexar 710 / iiYama 1440p 165HZ Montitor, iiYama 1080p 75Hz Monitor / Shure MV7 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo / GK61 Keyboard / Cooler Master MM712 (daily driver) Logitech G502-X (MMO mouse) / Soundcore Life Q20 w/ Arctis 3 w/ WF-1000XM3

CPU OC: -30 all cores @AutoGhz

GPU OC: 3Ghz Core 2750Mhz Memory w/ 25%W increase (460W)

10 minutes ago, rust_naked1 said:

Are you sure its Farenheit not celcius? if its metric then check if you pulled off the plastic over on the bottom of the cpu cooler, if its farenheit then youre fine as its around 35 celcius.

13 minutes ago, rust_naked1 said:

wait farenheit? Thats cool (pun intended)

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

26 minutes ago, Seb_1 said:

Are you sure its Farenheit not celcius? if its metric then check if you pulled off the plastic over on the bottom of the cpu cooler, if its farenheit then youre fine as its around 35 celcius.

well the cover isn't on the cooler but it said F next to the temp

36 minutes ago, Blqckqut said:

that has to be the best cooler ever if you have only 94° FARENHEIT

are u sure its not celcius?

im sure, from what I've read that is bad for the CPU but it is only on idle as well

1 minute ago, rust_naked1 said:

im sure, from what I've read that is bad for the CPU but it is only on idle as well

That is simply, not true

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I could be just about wrong as I am right.

Main RIG

13600K (Undervolted) +MSI Z690 Edge Wi-Fi+ Team Elite 32gb RAM (3200) +Noctua Nhd-15 Chromax Black+ Intel 670p 1TB SSD+ Intel Arc A770+ Corsair Crystal 465x case+ EVGA SuperNOVA 650W PSU.+ ASUS VP222 Gaming Monitor

Everyone must suffer one of two Pains: The pain of Discipline or the pain of regret and disappointment.

-Jim Rohn

1 minute ago, FI Fheonix said:

That is simply, not true

oh ok

1 minute ago, FI Fheonix said:

That is simply, not true

if it is celcius is 91 good?

5 minutes ago, rust_naked1 said:

if it is celcius is 91 good?

91 degrees celcius is NOT good idle temps.

Main RIG

-Jim Rohn

1 hour ago, FI Fheonix said:

91 degrees celcius is NOT good idle temps.

24 minutes ago, rust_naked1 said:

Can we see your temps? 91 F and 91C are very different. 91F and it's a non issue. 91C and it's an issue. 

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

i have already figured it out but thanks i actually have a (artic liquid freeze 120) and its dead that's why my temps are so hot