Powering the motherboard

Marxus8344
Go to solution Solved by Lurick,
28 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

Either will work. It says CPU & PCIe because on the PSU side, both CPU and PCIe cables can use the same connectors, doesn't matter which ones you use.

Just to add clarity, doesn't matter which you use on the PSU side

The cables map the 12v and ground on the board/GPU side of things so it's important not to shove EPS (CPU) into GPU and vice versa

My motherboard has a two 8-pin power in.

Which of the combinations do I plug in to that top left ports? I got confused because the psu says CPU & PCIe

Motherboard: MSI MAG b650 wifi
PSU: MSI A1000G PCIE5

IMG_20230508_214727.jpg

Screenshot 2023-05-08 221804.png

28 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

Either will work. It says CPU & PCIe because on the PSU side, both CPU and PCIe cables can use the same connectors, doesn't matter which ones you use.

Just to add clarity, doesn't matter which you use on the PSU side

The cables map the 12v and ground on the board/GPU side of things so it's important not to shove EPS (CPU) into GPU and vice versa

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

51 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

This.

CPU 8 Pin Power Cables and GPU / PCIE 8 Pin power cables are both wired with 4x 12V Cables and 4x Ground cables.

The layout when plugged into the board IS different, but they handle that with how each of the swappable cables is wired.  you can use any of the 4 connectors and it's totally fine.

Thank you so much for clearing that out guys.

I saw the two cables with CPU written and they plugged in perfectly in the CPU & PCIe slots. PC booted 🙂