New GPU troubleshooting

IronMarsh
Go to solution Solved by leclod,

Reseat the gpu (maybe clean the contacts), replug the pcie power (maybe change the pcie adapter if you've got 2),

How are your temps ?

What psu ?

Do you oc ?

So for my birthday, I got myself a EVGA RTX 3060 12gb, sweet right? Well, that what I thought until I'm in the middle of my game (mainly Destiny 2) and after an hour or so it crashes, and even once made my pc blue screened, which had never happened before. I already updated and redownloaded drivers, cleaned out temp files, and increased how fast my fans were going via Afterburner in case it was an overheating issue. 

Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?

Considering you gifted this card to yourself as a birthday gift to yourself, you should still have the receipt, right? That's a fancy start.

Secondly, you should check your windows (crash) logs. Once you find them, you probably get some filenames related to the crashes. Google those filenames, and you probably get a better idea which part is at fault. Because it's also possible other parts are acting up, or if your OS is just slightly broken.

Also, when you re-downloaded the drivers, did you use DDU to make it a fresh GPU driver install?

Reseat the gpu (maybe clean the contacts), replug the pcie power (maybe change the pcie adapter if you've got 2),

How are your temps ?

What psu ?

Do you oc ?

Edited by leclod

I'm willing to swim against the current.

1 hour ago, Budget DIY said:

Considering you gifted this card to yourself as a birthday gift to yourself, you should still have the receipt, right? That's a fancy start.

Secondly, you should check your windows (crash) logs. Once you find them, you probably get some filenames related to the crashes. Google those filenames, and you probably get a better idea which part is at fault. Because it's also possible other parts are acting up, or if your OS is just slightly broken.

Also, when you re-downloaded the drivers, did you use DDU to make it a fresh GPU driver install?

Well, I want returns to be an absolute last resort here for obvious reasons.

As for finding the crash logs, im currently looking into it, and yes, I made sure to do a fresh install of all the drivers on GeForce Experience. 

49 minutes ago, leclod said:

How are your temps ?

What psu ?

Do you oc ?

Ill do that!

Current idle temps are 45C, psu is a semi-modular Cooler Master 700w bronze, and im not entirely sure what you mean by oc, sorry 

2 minutes ago, IronMarsh said:

Ill do that!

Current idle temps are 45C, psu is a semi-modular Cooler Master 700w bronze, and im not entirely sure what you mean by oc, sorry 

oc, if you've tweaked, overclocked anything, risking unstability...

I'd prefer your full load temps, cpu and gpu

Edited by leclod

I'm willing to swim against the current.

20 minutes ago, leclod said:

oc, if you've tweaked, overclocked anything, risking unstability...

I'd prefer your full load temps, cpu and gpu

No, I havent overclocked anything, not confident enough in myself or my system to do that