5700xt mech killing pc

AeroMagnus

I recently downloaded Forza Horizon 5 and running it at high+ kills my computer after like, 20 minutes of playing. Running it at lower settings is ok

PSU is a 750w silver corsair so it should be enough? I blame it on the card cause it has always been hot and loud since i got it. Already repasted but that means no warranty cause my country doesnt have customer protection laws. What are my options? underclocking it? 

TIA!

GPU Z or the AMD Drivers can tell you how hot the card runs, as well as what power it's drawing.  (It should only be ~250W, so yeah, a 750 should be plenty.)

I'd check temps, frequencies, etc. and report back with info from how it's running.

14 minutes ago, tkitch said:

GPU Z or the AMD Drivers can tell you how hot the card runs, as well as what power it's drawing.  (It should only be ~250W, so yeah, a 750 should be plenty.)

I'd check temps, frequencies, etc. and report back with info from how it's running.

Hmm after some rough testing it seems its running at around 82c/ 112c@J 2060ish MHz? ill log it tmrrw but yeah 3300 rpm...

41 minutes ago, AeroMagnus said:

I recently downloaded Forza Horizon 5 and running it at high+ kills my computer after like, 20 minutes of playing. Running it at lower settings is ok

PSU is a 750w silver corsair so it should be enough? I blame it on the card cause it has always been hot and loud since i got it. Already repasted but that means no warranty cause my country doesnt have customer protection laws. What are my options? underclocking it? 

TIA!

Gamers nexus did a video on this a while back. Some partner designs were just bad. 

That though would cause it to throttle. When you say kill pc, what do you mean? 

With it running hot it shouldn't kill the pc.

You can try under volting to see if that helps. 

Also make sure you have good air flow through the case. If you have bad air flow, it will choke any card. 

22 minutes ago, m9x3mos said:

Gamers nexus did a video on this a while back. Some partner designs were just bad. 

That though would cause it to throttle. When you say kill pc, what do you mean? 

With it running hot it shouldn't kill the pc.

You can try under volting to see if that helps. 

Also make sure you have good air flow through the case. If you have bad air flow, it will choke any card. 

I saw that video too, but it didn’t seem like it was any worse than the others, I used to run a 580 nitro on the same case but I guess I’ll remove the front filter since it has two of them…

also when I say kill I mean black screen, no warnings, no blue screen, nothing just goes black and I have to wait for it to cool down a bit ig? Before I can turn it on again

The 112c Junction is absolutely the killer there.
The 82 is fine.

You could look into undervolting with MSI Afterburner or something see if that helps?

On 5/2/2023 at 6:12 AM, tkitch said:

The 112c Junction is absolutely the killer there.
The 82 is fine.

You could look into undervolting with MSI Afterburner or something see if that helps?

image.png.08e2fd1f148bf0f1793698b0eb268f25.png

This is how it performs at mid settings in FH5, undervolted and underclocked, with front panel removed. Think I can get some more juice out of it? 1080p 144hz using FSR on quality mode too... already gettting 142 fps

you might get a bit more, but seeing as Junction temps were killing you, IDK how much farther you could honestly push it

12 hours ago, tkitch said:

you might get a bit more, but seeing as Junction temps were killing you, IDK how much farther you could honestly push it

pushed it a bit more, 2049 on the clock "auto overclock" at 1.2v; bumped it up to high, was using 170w while pushing 100fps. Died again. gonna try 2ghz @ 1.125v high again

image.thumb.png.f4c501383c24f33169142e7445210245.png

how's this? hasnt crashed i think i reached equilibrium

probably just under safe temps?  but I wouldn't push it that hard for a couple extra fps.