LTT Screwdriver Grip "Mod"

dadhacks

I posted this in response to another post on the Merch sub, but thought I would post here in case anyone was having the same issue as I was. I recently got my LTT Screwdriver and love all the features about it. As hobbyist who tinkers with everything from tech to auto to home reno, this felt like a great "do it all" screwdriver to keep in my home office/hobby room. The only complaint i had was that the handle was very slick and I almost dropped it multiple times. I took the advice from someone on a reddit post to use heat shrink grip wrap and so I started searching for some. Found this stuff on Amazon that was meant for fishing poles and decided to try it out. It worked out amazingly IMO. The designs are fairly limited, but this one looked ok (although I would've preferred a honeycomb design). It feels fantastic in the hand! Grippy and soft, but not too grippy. It is only .5mm thick so it adds little bulk to the handle. Absolutely loving the screwdriver now. Just wanted to share  in case anyone else had the same issue with the slickness that I did. 

IMG_0972.jpeg

IMG_0973.jpeg

IMG_0974.jpeg

9 hours ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

That looks almost factory, well done!

I appreciate it! I've got it sitting next to me on my desk all day and keep picking it up just to hold it now. 🤣

• 4 weeks later...

Looks great! 

Would be cool if they brought something like this to the store with more designs or some collab with dbrand 

• 1 month later...

Looks dope! If you don't mind, what diameter of tube did you use?

Screwdriver specs: Long, pointy. Turns things. Some kind of metal.

Main rig: 

i9-7900x | Asus X299-Prime | 4x8GB G-Skill TridentZ @3300MHz | Samsung 970 Evo 500GB | Intel 5400S 1TB | Corsair HX1200

unRAID server:

Xeon  E5-1630v4 |  Asus X99-E WS | 4x8GB G-Skill DDR4 @2400MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB cache drive | 12TB spinning rust | Corsair RM750X

FreeNAS server:

AMD something-or-other | Asus prebuilt sadness | 8GB DDR3-1600 | 9TB magnetic storage | Potential fire threat

HTPC:

i7-4790 | GTX1650 | Dell Sadness | 12GB DDR3-1600 | Samsung 860 250GB | 1TB magnetic storage | James Loudspeaker SPL3 x2 | Corsair SF450

20 hours ago, Lord Mirdalan said:

Going on what I have dealt with and heat shrink. the widest part of the screw driver is a hair over 37mm and what I can find the next size would be 40mm and that should work.

On 7/15/2023 at 11:07 PM, Lord Mirdalan said:

just picked some up to try my self I didn't go under the cap but the 40mm shrinks down to the smallest part of the handle ok I would recommend a heat gun tho takes a bit more heat then normal heat shrink.