Pre-build or Custom Build

Hi guys 

I am having a bit of a problem , I don't know should I pre-build or custom it. Pre-build it will be easier for me since I haven't build a PC before but custom build it I will able to pick and chose the parts I want.

Photo on the top is pre-build and on the bottom is custom build

thanks you guys in advance.

123.PNG

456.PNG

4 hours ago, SStarLight said:

Hi guys 

I am having a bit of a problem , I don't know should I pre-build or custom it. Pre-build it will be easier for me since I haven't build a PC before but custom build it I will able to pick and chose the parts I want.

123.PNG

456.PNG

Please don't ever buy a Pre-Built. If you can always build your own or buy the parts and have someone do it for you like a MicroCenter store. If you build your own then you know the parts are reliable and not made from cheap parts tying to be high end parts. I have been building PCs for 30 years so if you have any questions please let me know.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/F8tnY9

CPU: Intel Core i7-13700K 3.4 GHz 16-Core Processor  ($399.99 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Asus ROG STRIX LC II ARGB 80.95 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($229.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  ($389.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: TEAMGROUP T-Force Delta RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Memory  ($124.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Crucial P5 Plus 500 GB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($71.91 @ Amazon)
Storage: Crucial P5 Plus 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($129.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Gigabyte AERO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti 12 GB Video Card  ($899.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO ATX Mid Tower Case  ($174.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Corsair RM850x (2018) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($300.00 @ Amazon)
Case Fan: Thermalright TL-C12C-S 66.17 CFM 120 mm Fans 3-Pack  ($15.90 @ Amazon)
Case Fan: Thermalright TL-C12C-S 66.17 CFM 120 mm Fans 3-Pack  ($15.90 @ Amazon)
Total: $2769.54

I have been building PCs for over 30 years so if you have any questions please ask. For Future Communication I use Discord for much Faster Response Times as I have it open 24/7. I am also available if you need help before, during, or after the Build Process on Discord through Text,Voice, or Video Chat. I can be with you while you build your new PC if you need me to be. Here is my Discord: Wizardsnapper#2772

Without a budget, any indication of location, or usage well informed comments are not possible.

Screen captures are particularly difficult on small devices and generally do not include sufficient detail for reasonable evaluation.

Use pcpartpicker.com for personal build lists.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

5 hours ago, SStarLight said:

Hi guys 

Budget and monitor resolution?

15 minutes ago, Why_Me said:

This along with what you wanna use it for and location.

If it's gaming, what games do you play?  What are your desired seytings, etc?  If this is something you've never done before, I can assure you this probably isn't as expensive as most new users think it is.

I edit the shit out of my posts.  Refresh before you respond.

23 hours ago, PC HEROES said:

Please don't ever buy a Pre-Built. If you can always build your own or buy the parts and have someone do it for you like a MicroCenter store. If you build your own then you know the parts are reliable and not made from cheap parts tying to be high end parts. I have been building PCs for 30 years so if you have any questions please let me know.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/F8tnY9

CPU: Intel Core i7-13700K 3.4 GHz 16-Core Processor  ($399.99 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Asus ROG STRIX LC II ARGB 80.95 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($229.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  ($389.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: TEAMGROUP T-Force Delta RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Memory  ($124.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Crucial P5 Plus 500 GB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($71.91 @ Amazon)
Storage: Crucial P5 Plus 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($129.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Gigabyte AERO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti 12 GB Video Card  ($899.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO ATX Mid Tower Case  ($174.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Corsair RM850x (2018) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($300.00 @ Amazon)
Total: $2769.54

i am from singapore , so amazon might be different but i will look up the part u pick up for me. thanks you. yeah i ask around my friend they also say not to prebuild 

21 hours ago, Queen Chrysalis said:

This along with what you wanna use it for and location.

If it's gaming, what games do you play?  What are your desired seytings, etc?  If this is something you've never done before, I can assure you this probably isn't as expensive as most new users think it is.

oh my bad , totally forgot to put my location 😶‍🌫️ but i am from singapore. mainly for gaming and im trying to hit 4K on game with good fps and AAA games

22 hours ago, Why_Me said:

budget probably 4K? and 4k also on monitor, im on singapore so website like amazon pcpartpicker or new egg wont work for me

22 hours ago, brob said:

Without a budget, any indication of location, or usage well informed comments are not possible.

Screen captures are particularly difficult on small devices and generally do not include sufficient detail for reasonable evaluation.

Use pcpartpicker.com for personal build lists.

4ksgd on budget , im on singapore so website like amazon pcpartpicker or new egg wont work for me. i will probably using pcpartpicker for picking and buy from my local parts shop

23 minutes ago, SStarLight said:

4ksgd on budget , im on singapore so website like amazon pcpartpicker or new egg wont work for me. i will probably using pcpartpicker for picking and buy from my local parts shop

A lot of what goes into advising a parts list has to do with how much a part costs.  Almost anything you buy will work together, and there are hundreds of products that are all similar in performance, so these lists really just comes down to what's on sale at the time for a given performance level.

I'd say getting

• any modern CPU
  • an aftermarket CPU cooler rated to handle the thermal design power of the CPU and fluid-dynamic bearing fans
  • the best GPU you can afford (watch youtube gameplay videos to figure that out)
  • a motherboard with the features you need and the right socket for your CPU (heatsinks on all power delivery and regulation components are good, so are onboard bluetooth and wifi)
  • 32GB of a RAM at the right speed for the CPU you pick (probably gonna be 6000MHz DDR5 or 3200MHz DDR4)
  • 2TB gen 4 NVMe
  • PSU from A or B tier from the PSU tierlist on cultist's network with enough wattage for your GPU and CPU
  • A case that has enough space for the fans to pull a good amount of air in and push air out the opposite end

Otherwise, get parts that look good together and don't overspend if there's no perceivable benefit.

I edit the shit out of my posts.  Refresh before you respond.

Building in the O11D Mini Snow is a bit of a challenge. I've outlined one approach. It uses the 5-slot layout option, principally to easily allow for a 360 AIO in the top. The 7-slot option is overly restrictive with a 360 AIO.

The PSU is expensive and probably hard to source. It was selected because it is one of the few SFX models that offer native support for the 12VHPWR connector used by the GPU.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i7-13700K 3.4 GHz 16-Core Processor  ($399.99 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML360L ARGB V2 62 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($163.44 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Asus PRIME Z790M-PLUS Micro ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  ($204.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws S5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Memory  ($119.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($139.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: MSI SUPRIM X GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB Video Card  ($1699.99 @ B&H) 
Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic Mini Snow Edition ATX Mid Tower Case  ($124.98 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Asus ROG LOKI 850 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular SFX Power Supply  ($300.00) 
Case Fan: Cooler Master SickleFlow 120 ARGB 3 In 1 62 CFM 120 mm Fans 3-Pack  ($49.99 @ B&H) 
Case Fan: Cooler Master SickleFlow 120 ARGB 3 In 1 62 CFM 120 mm Fans 3-Pack  ($49.99 @ B&H) 
Total: $3253.35
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2023-05-02 10:33 EDT-0400

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.