Looking for keyboard recommendation

Marco2G
Go to solution Solved by TheNinjaNextDor,

Ducky Shine 3

Corsair K70, but I don't think this one comes with a white backlight and brown switches.

Hello everyone

I really need a new keyboard. I have a G15 right now, and typing is a bitch. I keep missing letters or hitting shift for too long and stuff like that.

I'd like to try a mechanical keyboard and I think cherry browns would be good for me. I'd also like a white backlight as I sometimes have trouble seeing the letters against the flood of light my monitor puts out.

As to the keys, I do use the number pad and I don't use macro or media keys at all.

Any ideas?

Just so you know OP, contrary to popular belief mechanical keyboards don't make you type any better. Sure they'll make typing feel more satisfying but it will not magically make typing more accurate or prevent you from missing keys.  

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Just so you know OP, contrary to popular belief mechanical keyboards don't make you type any better. Sure they'll make typing feel more satisfying but it will not magically make typing more accurate or prevent you from missing keys.  

Of course, of course. I don't expect it to do wonders, but the G15 kinda feels sluggish, if that makes sense. I've used a cheap Logitech office keyboard, and that was way better for typing but was terrible when it came to key ghosting or whatever that's called. 

Of course, of course. I don't expect it to do wonders, but the G15 kinda feels sluggish, if that makes sense. I've used a cheap Logitech office keyboard, and that was way better for typing but was terrible when it came to key ghosting or whatever that's called. 

You have a budget? It'll help make picking out options easier.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

I had a mechanical keyboard for a few months before two keys randomly died. I actually typed about 10wpm slower than I do with my new SteelSeries Apex. and that's with five fingers (i'm right around 100WPM)

You have a budget? It'll help make picking out options easier.

I don't think that would do you much good anyway. I live in Switzerland. I'd say 150 CHF, but I have no idea to what USD value that corresponds (as a simple conversion using xe.com will not yield anything that reflects real world prices, I'm afraid). The Corsair K70 costs between 140 to 150 CHF here. +/- 20% wouldn't be a problem for my perfect keyboard ;).

CM Storm Quickfire TK (Brown switch version comes with white backlighting) if you want something compact.

For a full-size keyboard Corsair K70 is fine, but if you want something more slightly more durable, then there's always Ducky. Ducky Shine 3 gives fancy lighting effects and you have plenty switch and backlighting options to choose from. The new Ducky Premier keyboard is more a high quality work-horse with thick PBT keycaps for extra longetivity/quality!

I have now ordered a Corsair K70, as it is available with a swiss german layout and has a handrest. I have no idea whether that's gonna be important but I'll give it a try. Thank for everyone's help.