Nzxt h440 case temps

IrshaadH

Hey guys,

I just installed my rig into an nzxt h440,y previous case was the haf 912. I knew beforehand that my components would run hotter in the new case, but using valley benchmark, crysis 3 and skyrim with realvision enb, my GPU went from an average of 70 deg C to 80 deg C under load. Is this something I should be worried about?

CPU -AMD R5 2600X @ 4.15 GHz / RAM - 2x8Gb GSkill Ripjaws 3000 MHz/ MB- Asus Crosshair VII Hero X470/  GPU- MSI Gaming X GTX 1080/ CPU Cooler - Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3/ PSU - Seasonic G-series 550W/ Case - NZXT H440 (Black/Red)/ SSD - Crucial MX300 500GB/ Storage - WD Caviar Blue 1TB/ Keyboard - Corsair Vengeance K70 w/ Red switches/ Mouse - Logitech g900/ Display - 27" Benq GW2765 1440p display/ Audio - Sennheiser HD 558 and Logitech z323 speakers

80 degrees is pretty hot but as long as it maintains that temp you are ok.If the GPU goes around 90 degrees and above, then I would be worrying.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

what's your fan config? 

I have a gigabyte HD 7950. In the h440, after playing a heavily modded skyrim for a bit over an hour it reaches, but doesn't exceed, 80 degrees with the fans maxed out

My card is also over clocked, I guess I should probably reduce the core speed

what's your fan config?

I'm running stock fan config, I just got the case yesterday

CPU -AMD R5 2600X @ 4.15 GHz / RAM - 2x8Gb GSkill Ripjaws 3000 MHz/ MB- Asus Crosshair VII Hero X470/  GPU- MSI Gaming X GTX 1080/ CPU Cooler - Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3/ PSU - Seasonic G-series 550W/ Case - NZXT H440 (Black/Red)/ SSD - Crucial MX300 500GB/ Storage - WD Caviar Blue 1TB/ Keyboard - Corsair Vengeance K70 w/ Red switches/ Mouse - Logitech g900/ Display - 27" Benq GW2765 1440p display/ Audio - Sennheiser HD 558 and Logitech z323 speakers

have you populated all of the case fan spaces?

if your gpu is running a stock cooler try the nzxt kraken g10.

that case was made for water cooling.

have you populated all of the case fan spaces?

if your gpu is running a stock cooler try the nzxt kraken g10.

that case was made for water cooling.

No, I just got this case. Do you recommend good case fans for the h440?

Yes, to me the stock fans in the H440 are very quit but not all that great for good air flow

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

if money isn't an issue noctua NF-A14 or bequiet silent wings 2. Otherwise silverstone air penetrator and fractal design silent series. corsair af series are also nice. 

you need to be using all the fans you can fit in there, if possible. Corsair AF series move a lot of air.

Yeah, I'm considering the silent wings 2 to replace the front intake and rear exhaust, would it really make that much of a difference? Also, would removing the unused 3.5 inch bays improve airflow in the meantime?

Yeah, I'm considering the silent wings 2 to replace the front intake and rear exhaust, would it really make that much of a difference? Also, would removing the unused 3.5 inch bays improve airflow in the meantime?

Oh yeah, a lot of difference , I have a bunch of the silent wings 2 slim fans and they push way more air then the stock H44 fans do.

Oh yeah, a lot of difference , I have a bunch of the silent wings 2 slim fans and they push way more air then the stock H44 fans do.

What is your fan config?

What is your fan config?

On my daughters H440 I put all bitfenix spectra fans in it, 3 120's on the front 3 120's on the top 1 140 on the back. When I was using  the CM HAF XM case is when I was using the silent wings 2. I can tell a big difference in her case with the Bitfeix fans over the stock fans, and the silent wings 2 push more air flow then the bitfenix fans.

I guess I was just spoiled by that extremely perforated haf 912. I dropped my GPU core clock a bit and temps went down a few degrees

You guys wouldn't believe this, but I tried removing all of the 3.5" HDD sleds that I wasn't using and my temps literally dropped to how they were with my HAF 912.  I am utterly stunned at the difference doing something so trivial made.  Anyways, thanks for all of your inputs, this community is truly fantastic!

Ok here is my personal experiences with the case and stupid case temps.

Moved from a Carbine 500R with sound insulation over the side mesh and a hole cut for the 240mm fan.

Main heat generating components:

I5 3570k@4.2Ghz

Galaxy GTX780ti HOF

Asus Maximus V Extreme and Asrock Z77 Extreme 4

Intake fans I've used.

NZXT Stock

3x Corsair SP120mm Performance

2x Noctua NF-A14

1x Corsair AF140mm Performance (exhaust)

Kraken X60 for the CPU cooling, tried in push and pull, front and top mounted, both with NZXT and Noctua fans.

All 3.5" drive caddies removed.

All resulted in high temps with the CPU, GPU or both.

The LOWEST idle temp I saw was 34c GPU and 32c CPU.

Take the front and side panel off and temps go down.

Carbine idles are GPU 29c and CPU 28c.

Not to mention the loud echo of anything but the stock fans fans once you close up the case.

I've moved back to the Carbine 500R and even with the heater on today idle is hitting 30c GPU and 29c CPU, oh and I can barely hear the Noctua intake fans (But I can have them set to 50% unlike the H440 which had to be set at least to 80%).

Its a great looking case, but my opinion is that it should be used for water cooling to get the optimal cooling and sound setup.

But even then the front fans resonate due to the filter and tight airflow space.

I might when I can afford it move to a G10 and H90 for the GPU cooling and that remove most of the heat from the case when both rads fans are exhausting air.

Ok here is my personal experiences with the case and stupid case temps.

Moved from a Carbine 500R with sound insulation over the side mesh and a hole cut for the 240mm fan.

Main heat generating components:

I5 3570k@4.2Ghz

Galaxy GTX780ti HOF

Asus Maximus V Extreme and Asrock Z77 Extreme 4

Intake fans I've used.

NZXT Stock

3x Corsair SP120mm Performance

2x Noctua NF-A14

1x Corsair AF140mm Performance (exhaust)

Kraken X60 for the CPU cooling, tried in push and pull, front and top mounted, both with NZXT and Noctua fans.

All 3.5" drive caddies removed.

All resulted in high temps with the CPU, GPU or both.

The LOWEST idle temp I saw was 34c GPU and 32c CPU.

Take the front and side panel off and temps go down.

Carbine idles are GPU 29c and CPU 28c.

Not to mention the loud echo of anything but the stock fans fans once you close up the case.

I've moved back to the Carbine 500R and even with the heater on today idle is hitting 30c GPU and 29c CPU, oh and I can barely hear the Noctua intake fans (But I can have them set to 50% unlike the H440 which had to be set at least to 80%).

Its a great looking case, but my opinion is that it should be used for water cooling to get the optimal cooling and sound setup.

But even then the front fans resonate due to the filter and tight airflow space.

I might when I can afford it move to a G10 and H90 for the GPU cooling and that remove most of the heat from the case when both rads fans are exhausting air.

I hear ya.  Like I said, I was successful in reducing temps by removing the drive caddies, so I'm not too worried anymore about it.  But, I may buy a G10 and some high quality AIO and see how much of a difference it makes.

Also, I don't know if the slim vent in the front are actually hindering airflow.  I can honestly feel quite a lot of air entering them just by putting my hand over the vent.  At least for me, the drive caddies were the biggest culprit in hindering airflow given their placement right in front of where the incoming air is being directed.

I hear ya.  Like I said, I was successful in reducing temps by removing the drive caddies, so I'm not too worried anymore about it.  But, I may buy a G10 and some high quality AIO and see how much of a difference it makes.

Also, I don't know if the slim vent in the front are actually hindering airflow.  I can honestly feel quite a lot of air entering them just by putting my hand over the vent.  At least for me, the drive caddies were the biggest culprit in hindering airflow given their placement right in front of where the incoming air is being directed.

they do restrict flow as well as the mesh. remove the front panel and retest. especially

with the high static 120 fans on radiators. temps do fall a fair bit. and exhausting is

similar for water cooling, air cooling not so much as most seems to eject rearward

and some upward.

Yeah, I tried removing the front panel. After taking out the drive caddies, the temperature only dropped an additional degree or so, not enough to need it off consistently.