VGA Light on and no Display on restart

Hi all,

I’m setting up my old pc (as I’ve upgraded) for my girlfriends birthday. It’s not been touched for about a month or two but never had any issues, I just wanted an upgrade. I added some storage since I transferred the old to my new build, but have now encountered an issue. When attempting to install windows at first, everything was fine - until windows needed to restart. After this, it tries to restart and I have no display output and a white VGA light. I can fix this with a menial restart (holding power button) and it comes back to life into the bios. However,  every time I attempt to do a windows install now, I face the same issue. Every time the computer restarts, it won’t display and will give me the VGA error. 

specs

x570f ROG STRIX Gaming

ryzen 7 2700x

Gigabyte 2070 

32gb (8x4) Corsair vengeance RAM

PSA. 

I have switched between monitors and hdmi/display ports and still the same issue. I have also cleared the cmos. 

EDIT:

I have attempted flashing the bios now as well, with still the same issue. 

I have also checked to see if the GPU is detected by booting it connected to the pcie slot but with no power, my computer prompts me to plug the power cable into the GPU suggesting it is detected. 

growing ever confused about this, as the gpu clearly still works and is seated correctly, but unless it’s a manual restart, it won’t display anything. The biggest concern is that  restarting from the bios also causes this issue. 

Would really appreciate any help because I want to get this sorted! 

1 hour ago, spongebob123789 said:

Create a bootable win 10 pen drive and install by going into setup menu. 

That’s what I’m doing, but alas it still needs a restart mid-way through the process and that’s where the issue occurs.