Pc will post some of the time magically

carsonbogart

I have been trying to upgrade my dad's computer for the last week and the problems are unreal

The problem is very weird and hard to describe after swapping out the entire motherboard & cpu The computer would turn on with no post. I looked at videos on how to get it to post. The chronological order of what I did was

1. Remove the CMOS battery for a couple of minutes and put it back... nothing

2. then Remove the 4 sticks of ram to just one I know works and tried in all of the slots. This made the pc post and I have a little victory. I plug the SSD in to see if it can get into Windows and after there was no post.

3. Change the power supply... nothing

4. random changes to the ram where it would post rarely and even without changing anything go from posting to not

5. flipping it from its side to upright it went from not posting to posting every time I try.

6. I then plug not even the SSD in just the SATA data cable and it doesn't post I unplug it putting it back into the state where it would post every time. doesn't post

7. Lessing the pressure on the CPU

8. unplug the HDD light because it shorted some guy's pc with a similar problem

9. swap the GPU to a different slot works then the SATA cable ruins it

I'm lost, any advice

The CPU is a amd fx6300 and GPU is gtx 970 the motherboard all I know is the MSI 970A-G43 on the board.

pcpoo.JPG

Have you pulled the board out of the case? It's possible there's something behind the motherboard causing it to short out.

~Air Cooling Advocate~