4k with USB matrix

Epyon723

Looking for a 8x16 or 16x16 matrix that can transfer 4k (60hz or higher) video and usb over ethernet or fiber... I thought Linus used one in his house in a video but I haven't been able to find it again.

Could anyone provide a link to such a device (or the video)?

Much appreciated.

33 minutes ago, Epyon723 said:

Looking for a 8x16 or 16x16 matrix that can transfer 4k (60hz or higher) video and usb over ethernet or fiber...

Pretty sure Linus was using Thunderbolt, which physically uses USB-C as its connector. This might be the video you're thinking of:

In the video he uses an optical Thunderbolt 3 cable. One cable is enough for 4K.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

I found the video I was thinking of ("New House LAN Room Setup") where he showed of the level1tech kvm that did 10gig usb and display port over fiber... awesome switch... but it only did 2 outputs, so not what I'm looking for... want to have atleast 8 inputs (maybe more in the future) and 16 outputs, making a matrix the idea soultion so I only have to run 1 wire to each device and display.

Im thinking over settling for a matrix with hdmi over ethernet with the rs232 option...  can I use the rs232 for usb devices?  I figure it'd be slow but would it be enough to run kb and mouse without lag troubles?

Anyone seen such a matrix? 16x16 matrix extender (ethernet because I worry about running long hdmi cables since my 50ft run already has been spotty at 4k and Im already wired for cat6) with the rs232 so I can plug in peripherals if needed