Looking for a good value "prosumer" Multimeter

_Omega_

At first: Yes i know that this might not be the very best forum to ask that question but its the forum i am a part of 🙂

I am looking for a well build multimeter mainly for my DIY projects now (mostly low voltage Arduino projects) and in the future (planning on converting a work van into a camper van with solar). In addition to that it should be a reputable meter with safety standards confirmed by a third party, because i might take it to work if needed and for insurance reasons i want to be save on that side (The UNI-T unit i own right now says that it support some safety standards but its not third party verified).

On that note i work as an chemical engineer in in electro chemistry right now, we have quite some multimeters in the lab but they are either old and shitty or benchtop ones and i dont want to take a benchtop multimeter to measure, for example, a sensor that might have gone bad.

But enough about work, like i said i mainly want to use it for my DIY needs and yes i want a bit of an overkill for now because i dont know what i might want to do in the future and i dont really want to buy another multimeter in the near future.

My budget is about 160 € (+/-) (Germany) and right now i am mostly looking at Brymen models because they seem to have a really good price to performance, the meters are UL listed and there is a reseller here in Germany.  But now we come to my problem, there are so many in that price range that look kind of similar on paper.

Brymen BM829s @ 149 €

Brymen BM785 @ 149 €

Brymen BM857s @ 159 € 

Brymen BM867s @ 159 €

Brymen BM786 EEVBlog Edition @ 169 €

Brymen BM839 @ 179 €

I am an engineer but not an electrical engineer, i know what to measure and how but not why one of these is better than the other one, so if you can pls help me. 😅 

Oder brand or multimeter suggestions are also welcome 

Not long ago I got the Kaiweets 601 it's pretty cheap at £46, but I've not seen it on their site for that always cheaper.

I've been pretty happy with it so far, it's worked fine when testing a Raspberry Pi and my drone.

I've not seen Brymen before, but I had a very tight budget that they wouldn't fit in. I was stuck with what the differences between models I had seen were, but took the plunge on the Kaiweets after seeing a review of it by MarkFixesStuff, and he was using it for the sort of things I wanted one for, such as testing retro consoles and computers.

At work, i use a Brymen BM867s and its a wonderful multimeter. It`s fast and in some modes, it can show 2 measurements at once like AC voltage and frequency. I can really reccommend it. The only real downside is its size compared to the others and that it might be overkill for what you want to use it for. But if you ever need its accuracy and you only want to buy one meter, its a good choice.

Also you might want to look at some Fluke models. In my own workshop I use an ancient Fluke 87, which is more than you need. But they are only worth it, if you get them for a good price. The quality of the Brymen is very comparable to Fluke, but in most cases with more features for the price.

By the way, i am also in Germany and we bought it from Welectron.

The Chinese market Flukes aimed at students are quite nice, reasonably easy to get and the same build quality and performance as regular Flukes.