Sony wega trinitron help please

cattaru

So I just picked up this sony hd crt for pretty cheep 20 bucks and I need some help on how to possibly fix the issue I'm having with it its got this Gradient of colors kinda overlapping and need some advise on how to fix it or where on the internet I can get more info its just on certain things to 

Screenshot_20230413_103700_Facebook.jpg

16815148309437272981575839893265.jpg

20230414_191859.heic 20230414_192606.heic

Can you take a straight-on photo of the screen and post it as a JPEG, please? If you're worried about catching your reflection in the picture, turn the lights in the room off and don't use the flash.

From the way you describe it, you probably have a convergence problem. This should be adjustable through the service menus on a TV that recent, if not you'll need some non-conductive adjustment tools because you'll have to take the back off and make internal adjustments while the set's running. This is dangerous if you don't know what you're doing, there's lethal voltage in there. Touch the spicy parts and it's goodnight, Irene.

You've got HDMI, so hook up a laptop or something and pause a test pattern video on the screen. That will help you tune it as best as it's going to get. It's not going to burn in unless you leave it there for hours and hours without moving.

Bear in mind you probably won't get perfection; the geometry on flat tubes was always a little off and that TV is almost 17 years old. You'll have to compromise making the edges sharp without losing too much detail in the middle.

https://www.reddit.com/r/crtgaming/comments/mprtd3/laymans_guide_to_the_sony_wega_kd34xbr970_service/

The Facebook group "CRT Collective" will go nuts over this thing. If you post there I'm sure someone will have a step-by-step tuning guide.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

24 minutes ago, Needfuldoer said:

Can you take a straight-on photo of the screen and post it as a JPEG, please? If you're worried about catching your reflection in the picture, turn the lights in the room off and don't use the flash.

From the way you describe it, you probably have a convergence problem. This should be adjustable through the service menus on a TV that recent, if not you'll need some non-conductive adjustment tools because you'll have to take the back off and make internal adjustments while the set's running. This is dangerous if you don't know what you're doing, there's lethal voltage in there. Touch the spicy parts and it's goodnight, Irene.

You've got HDMI, so hook up a laptop or something and pause a test pattern video on the screen. That will help you tune it as best as it's going to get. It's not going to burn in unless you leave it there for hours and hours without moving.

Bear in mind you probably won't get perfection; the geometry on flat tubes was always a little off and that TV is almost 17 years old.

https://www.reddit.com/r/crtgaming/comments/mprtd3/laymans_guide_to_the_sony_wega_kd34xbr970_service/

The Facebook group "CRT Collective" will go nuts over this thing. If you post there I'm sure someone will have a step-by-step tuning guide.

Dude thank you so much iv been looking for a realy decent crt to run retro arch with took me two months found this one a few days ago drove 2 hours to pick it up and yah there's also this weird black blocking but when a game is going its not nearly as bad also I don't have a remote for it either

20230414_201545.jpg

20230414_201537.jpg

20230414_201532.jpg

20230414_201628.jpg

Yup. That definitely needs convergence adjustment. (The red, green, and blue electron guns aren't all firing at exactly the same spot on the face of the tube.)

The dark streaking could be capacitors, could be the G2 voltage is cranked too high. 

You'll need a remote if you want to make any adjustments on this thing. Sony remotes are all over eBay.

1 hour ago, Needfuldoer said:

Yup. That definitely needs convergence adjustment. (The red, green, and blue electron guns aren't all firing at exactly the same spot on the face of the tube.)

The dark streaking could be capacitors, could be the G2 voltage is cranked too high. 

You'll need a remote if you want to make any adjustments on this thing. Sony remotes are all over eBay.

So I won't end up having to open this thing up is as long as I can get a remote for it

1 minute ago, cattaru said:

So I won't end up having to open this thing up is as long as I can get a remote for it

Hopefully not!

Like I said, it will be far from perfect and the smearing won't completely go away without some diagnosis and maybe component replacements, but you should be able to make it better. You can't irreversibly ruin it through the service menu.

7 minutes ago, Needfuldoer said:

Hopefully not!

Like I said, it will be far from perfect and the smearing won't completely go away without some diagnosis and maybe component replacements, but you should be able to make it better. You can't irreversibly ruin it through the service menu.

Dude thank you so much for all the information you have been so much help