Minecraft or Nas server

Hi guys, I have an old gaming laptop (Hp Omen 17 w204-nl) wich gpu is pretty broken. I was wnadering if I could use it to host a Minecraft server, or maybe a small nas. The system specs are a Intel Core i-7700HQ, 16gb of ddr4 at 2400Mhz (dual channel) and a semi dead gtx 1070 (bas if you try to ask for gpu power the laptop will just turn off, that's why I'm thinking making it a cpu based server will work). It is also left with only it's hard disk, as I took out the nvme ssd. I am now moving house so the final setup isn't ready yet, but the plan is to connect the laptop via a Ethernet Cat 6 cable to my future router (I am going to buy one of those gamig router) and I will have a 150mb/s connection in the new house. The server will be running bas at all times and I won't use the laptop for anything else, do you think it could work? 

make a space for it where it can sit horizontally (as in, "flat on a desk" orientation) but either floating on a railing or suspended off the desk / table with some sort of supports (block of wood, perhaps) so that it has plenty of access to fresh air.

i've used a laptop to host stuff before, i have friends who did as well. it comes down to two things:

- dont stress the fan in ways it wasnt designed (like putting the laptop vertically.. some fans arent designed for that, and you'll hear it very quickly)

- give it plenty of access to fresh air

8 hours ago, manikyath said:

make a space for it where it can sit horizontally (as in, "flat on a desk" orientation) but either floating on a railing or suspended off the desk / table with some sort of supports (block of wood, perhaps) so that it has plenty of access to fresh air.

i've used a laptop to host stuff before, i have friends who did as well. it comes down to two things:

- dont stress the fan in ways it wasnt designed (like putting the laptop vertically.. some fans arent designed for that, and you'll hear it very quickly)

- give it plenty of access to fresh air

I was thinking of putting it upside down, so that it has as much fresh air as it wants, but idk if it is okay for the fans...