AMD Adrenaline deemed monitor FreeSync incompatible

Hi

I have a Philips 346P1CRH/00 monitor that should be AdaptiveSync compatible according to shops and philips.com.

It is attached via a DP 1.4 cable (albeit a 10m /30ft long one).

Adrenaline lists FreeSync as incompatible and I was wondering if the cable might just be too long or if there are picture options like HDR that might automatically invalidate FreeSync?

I already called Philips support but not only was I called rude for disagreeing with their statement that the monitor did not support FreeSync, they claim AdaptiveSync is a different technology altogether.

I'm pretty sure that's false but frankly, lately I feel like I'm getting old (or getting gaslighted, who knows these days) so I thought I'd check with you guys what my options were.

I just noticed in the manual that there should be an option to activate or deactivate AdaptiveSync but it just isn't there...
The Manual lists compatible GPUs but they're all from the R9. Is there something in the standard that might prevent more modern cards to communicate with this monitor? Is the monitors implementation too old or something?

You need to turn on Freesync/AdaptiveSync from the monitor menu first. 🤔

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

1 minute ago, xAcid9 said:

You need to turn on Freesync/AdaptiveSync from the monitor menu first. 🤔

Yes, but how when the OSD menu option isn't listed?

When I look this monitor up. It doesn't say anything about Freesync/Adaptive Sync compatability. The few retailer website that still list this monitor list 'No' under both the FreeSync and G-Sync spec. Are you sure it should be FreeSync compatible?

9 minutes ago, FrowningHippo said:

When I look this monitor up. It doesn't say anything about Freesync/Adaptive Sync compatability. The few retailer website that still list this monitor list 'No' under both the FreeSync and G-Sync spec. Are you sure it should be FreeSync compatible?

It supports Adaptive Sync according to the monitor's webpage and in the user manual, page 20. 

Are you able to try with a shorter cable?? If this DP 30ft cable is one of those Amazon cables for cheap, that may be the culprit. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

40 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

It supports Adaptive Sync according to the monitor's webpage and in the user manual, page 20. 

Are you able to try with a shorter cable?? If this DP 30ft cable is one of those Amazon cables for cheap, that may be the culprit. 

Well, that's a very good point, the question then becomes which cable do I test with instead? ALL my cables are more or less chinesium no name.
Without investing serious cash into local German cables, which too are most probably manufactured in China anyway, this becomes guesswork...

This cable can drive 1440x3440 at 100Hz so it can't be complete garbage... What do you think, if the cable quality was the problem would lowering the resolution and/or refresh rate open bandwidth for FreeSync or does it not work like that?

Edit: Just had the thought that it might become a matter of latency over that distance... I understood that Adaptivesync is based on bidirectional communication between monitor and GPU and as such distance doubles for any set of back and forth.