Need help, PC keep shutting down

Pekokopiko

Hello, i got an pretty old PC.

I5 4690 & RX 570 4GB and FSP HEXA 500W psu

I buy RX 570 three years ago for about $70, and the PSU at that same year from a friend.

I only gaming on them like a simple games, like the sims, hitman, project zomboid and crusader kings 3 while doing some streaming, but few months ago i was planning to play Monster Hunter Rise, i got into the main menu but it's instantly restarted my pc.

the same thing happened when i play Crusader Kings 3. Heaven benchmark result in the same thing, i tried OCCT psu test but it shut down my pc too.

Is the PSU the problem? or is it the GPU?

Well have you taken a look at the thermals of the CPU and GPU before running into assumptions? Good possibility could be that thermal paste is all dried out in either one of them and is underperforming thus overheating and shutting off. Hit me up with an update 

1 minute ago, Marinos Karp said:

Well have you taken a look at the thermals of the CPU and GPU before running into assumptions? Good possibility could be that thermal paste is all dried out in either one of them and is underperforming thus overheating and shutting off. Hit me up with an update 

Agreed, Download hwinfo and have it log your CPU temps. Compare your results with the CPU optimal working temps, or post the results here and we can take a look.

1 hour ago, Marinos Karp said:

i'm gonna check it later after i finish from work, but i have been using cinebench for few days now and there isn't any problem at all, i just ordered a thermal paste and some thermal pads and see if it's gonna help

1 hour ago, zambrano8512 said:

Agreed, Download hwinfo and have it log your CPU temps. Compare your results with the CPU optimal working temps, or post the results here and we can take a look.

i'm gonna check it real quick after i finish my work, but i have been running cinebench and there isn't any problem at all... it's only when i open some games (Persona 5 Royal and Project Zomboid run all fine) but i already order some thermal paste and thermal pads and gonna change it real quick later and see if it's help

1 hour ago, Pekokopiko said:

i'm gonna check it later after i finish from work, but i have been using cinebench for few days now and there isn't any problem at all, i just ordered a thermal paste and some thermal pads and see if it's gonna help

Well great choice. Well sudden shut offs in most cases are either caused by power  starvation or overheating so unless you ensure the psu ain't it run a thermal test as @zambrano8512 mentioned 

3 hours ago, Marinos Karp said:

Well great choice. Well sudden shut offs in most cases are either caused by power  starvation or overheating so unless you ensure the psu ain't it run a thermal test as @zambrano8512 mentioned 

Hey, i just change and clean all of my hardware and here is the log from hwinfo.

image.png.6fbb14b9ec1b4e665cfd02318af5e08d.pngimage.png.7d7005f0d6650e151632ae654f0311f5.pngimage.png.f5bcdd8831cc111386dafea5c202b2bb.png

log 1.CSV

Just now, Pekokopiko said:

Hey, i just change and clean all of my hardware and here is the log from hwinfo.

image.png.6fbb14b9ec1b4e665cfd02318af5e08d.pngimage.png.7d7005f0d6650e151632ae654f0311f5.pngimage.png.f5bcdd8831cc111386dafea5c202b2bb.png

log 1.CSV 70.63 kB · 0 downloads

I don't know if there's something wrong or what, but the MB's part showing some temps above 100c

3 hours ago, Marinos Karp said:

I Also check the PSU with a multimeter, both the power cable and 24 pin is showing normal numbers

This is what showed with msi afterburner before the pc shut down by itself

IMG_20230411_202721.jpg

and every time it's restart, this showed up. even if i dissable the surge detector, it still always shut down

IMG_20230411_202745.jpg

So it seems to be the PSU problem?

I edit my posts more often than not

18 minutes ago, Tan3l6 said:

So it seems to be the PSU problem?

i don't really know, since i was testing the PSU with multimeter it was all fine, but every time i launch heavy games and heaven it's always shut down.

cinebench is fine tho

4 minutes ago, Pekokopiko said:

i don't really know, since i was testing the PSU with multimeter it was all fine, but every time i launch heavy games and heaven it's always shut down.

cinebench is fine tho

The GPU is not really powerhungry, but still probably PSU is worn out. If possible test with another PSU.

Not recommended by "PSU cultist" either - tier E (avoid): https://cultists.network/140/psu-tier-list/

54 minutes ago, Tan3l6 said:

The GPU is not really powerhungry, but still probably PSU is worn out. If possible test with another PSU.

Not recommended by "PSU cultist" either - tier E (avoid): https://cultists.network/140/psu-tier-list/

Should i take superNOVA 750w GR or maybe just NZXT C550 Bronze? i was using this pc as a substitute for now since i was planning to build a new pc and gonna use that psu into the new pc later.

btw, can i have your input please? which one should i get

Ryzen

CPU: Ryzen 5 5500 $99.18

MB : Gigabyte A520M DS3H $85.50

RAM: Team Elite plus 2x8GB DDR4 3200 Mhz $46.61 (that version of Silicon Power is out of stock, and team elite plus is $3 more expensive) 

SSD: Kingston NV2 - 1TB $55

GPU: Gigabyte RX 6600 XT $201.18 (second, XT always out of stock )

Case: Cube Gaming ALTA $44.59

PSU: 1STPLAYER Full Modular - PS-600AX(BM) (80Plus Bronze) $58.54

Total: $590.6

OR

CPU: I3 12100F - $95.89

MB : Gigabyte h610m s2h $94.89

RAM: Team Elite plus 2x8GB DDR4 3200 Mhz $46.61 (that version of Silicon Power is out of stock, and team elite plus is $3 more expensive) 

SSD: Kingston NV2 - 1TB $55

GPU: Gigabyte RX 6600 XT $201.18 (second, XT always out of stock )

Case: Cube Gaming ALTA $44.59

PSU: 1STPLAYER Full Modular - PS-600AX(BM) (80Plus Bronze) $58.54

Total: $596.7

i'm just gonna use it to make music, drawing, some gaming and streaming... and i'm planning to upgrade it later, for now i just need a fully build pc

#note: ignore the psu on the list

17 minutes ago, Pekokopiko said:

Should i take superNOVA 750w GR?

SuperNOVA 750w GA perhaps?

But considering the AMD vs Intel platform - quite eqal in performance both.

4 minutes ago, Tan3l6 said:

SuperNOVA 750w GA perhaps?

But considering the AMD vs Intel platform - quite eqal in performance both.

Oh yeah GA sorry, the font a bit weird when it was side way lol

Honestly, some people said to me that AM4 isn't really worth it anymore since AM5 already exist and that LGA 1700 can go both 12 and 13 gen of intel. i honestly just want something simple that can keep up in the next few years, doing some streaming with friends

5 minutes ago, Pekokopiko said:

Oh yeah GA sorry, the font a bit weird when it was side way lol

Honestly, some people said to me that AM4 isn't really worth it anymore since AM5 already exist and that LGA 1700 can go both 12 and 13 gen of intel. i honestly just want something simple that can keep up in the next few years, doing some streaming with friends

The Supernova GA seems decent.

Those low end motherboards would not support high end CPUs. Certainly not Intel board. I mean in the support list there might be high end CPU-s but they would not run well most likely.

5 minutes ago, Tan3l6 said:

The Supernova GA seems decent.

Those low end motherboards would not support high end CPUs. Certainly not Intel board. 

Well, i was planning to get an ASrock B660M PG riptide tomorrow if it was enough along with the supernova GA

since there was an sales for it from about $148 to $128

5 minutes ago, Pekokopiko said:

Well, i was planning to get an ASrock B660M PG riptide tomorrow if it was enough along with the supernova GA

since there was an sales for it from about $148 to $128

That particular ASrock seems good for the price.