First upcoming PC build

Go to solution Solved by filpo,
6 minutes ago, svorcneger said:

So I took in consideration what @Extremos, @filpo and @brob told about CPU and cooling and decided to go with i7-19700K ( K version mainly because of integrated graphics) and ak620. I kind of knew about 13900k heat problems but if it needs a really beefy cooler, then I might as well downgrade the cpu. As for case, I choose 

BitFenix NOVA MESH SE TG ATX Mid Tower since it looked like it will have airflow I will need.. I also downgraded power supply to Corsair RM750e 750 W 80+ Gold since I won't be needing more than 700W ( correct me if I'm wrong and should I consider a more powerful power supply?). Also thanks to @SorryClaire I found where to check for cheaper prices. So my main concern left is power supply and what I should have in consideration while choosing one.

go for a name brand. Don't go for a 'GameMax'. Also don't underspend. the one @SorryClaireput in their latest build is a very good one for the price

Budget (including currency): 2500 euros

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: various games like witcher 3, GTA 5, Cyberpunk. Editing programs like solidworks, adobe premiere and similar

Other details  So I have did some research on many things and currently I have this list : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/KYwxpH . I don't need any particular recommendations on what monitor or other peripherals but what I do need is some insight on part list. Is it all good, should I look into some other components and so on. Just to be sure I get price and quality balance. Main objective of this build is to last 5+ or even 10+ years  with high performance and with ability to upgrade its components.

I could be incorrect, but the cooler doesn't state it's compatible with LGA 1700 Sockets. I recommend looking into that, and consider a more beefy cooler for that i9.

34 minutes ago, svorcneger said:

Budget (including currency): 2500 euros

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: various games like witcher 3, GTA 5, Cyberpunk. Editing programs like solidworks, adobe premiere and similar

Other details  So I have did some research on many things and currently I have this list : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/KYwxpH . I don't need any particular recommendations on what monitor or other peripherals but what I do need is some insight on part list. Is it all good, should I look into some other components and so on. Just to be sure I get price and quality balance. Main objective of this build is to last 5+ or even 10+ years  with high performance and with ability to upgrade its components.

ye i agree with @Extremos. Not even the legendary nhd 15 can cool the 13900k. For gaming and productivity this would the build (btw 13700k has the same amount of p cores as 13900k just less e cores): https://pcpartpicker.com/list/CzLy6r

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

The case looks like it has restricted air intake through the front. In my experience acrylic has a tendency to scratch easily. Consider a different case.

The i9-13900K can generate more than 250W of heat. It needs at least an NH-D15 or AK620 cooler. For optimal performance, especially in high load jobs, a 280 or 360 AIO can deliver quieter and better performance.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

Considering that Lithuania is a part of the Schengen, i decided to use Germany as price reference. Do be noted that shipping and local taxing may change the price of this build considerably if you actually do order it online, and parts availability locally may be different.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i7-13700F 2.1 GHz 16-Core Processor  (€389.02 @ Mindfactory) 
CPU Cooler: Deepcool AG620 67.88 CFM CPU Cooler  (€57.20 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte B760 GAMING X DDR4 ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  (€141.90 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 64 GB (4 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  (€190.89 @ Alternate) 
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  (€133.85 @ Galaxus) 
Video Card: PNY VERTO GeForce RTX 4070 Ti 12 GB Video Card  (€896.99 @ notebooksbilliger.de) 
Case: Lian Li LANCOOL 216 ATX Mid Tower Case  (€119.90 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Power Supply: Gigabyte UD850GM 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (€108.54 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Total: €2038.29
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2023-04-09 00:00 CEST+0200

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

So I took in consideration what @Extremos, @filpo and @brob told about CPU and cooling and decided to go with i7-19700K ( K version mainly because of integrated graphics) and ak620. I kind of knew about 13900k heat problems but if it needs a really beefy cooler, then I might as well downgrade the cpu. As for case, I choose 

BitFenix NOVA MESH SE TG ATX Mid Tower since it looked like it will have airflow I will need.. I also downgraded power supply to Corsair RM750e 750 W 80+ Gold since I won't be needing more than 700W ( correct me if I'm wrong and should I consider a more powerful power supply?). Also thanks to @SorryClaire I found where to check for cheaper prices. So my main concern left is power supply and what I should have in consideration while choosing one.

6 minutes ago, svorcneger said:

go for a name brand. Don't go for a 'GameMax'. Also don't underspend. the one @SorryClaireput in their latest build is a very good one for the price

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

19 minutes ago, svorcneger said:

The i7-13700K has a thermal profile very similar to the i9-13900K. The Hyper 212 RGB Black CPU cooler is not a good choice for these CPU.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

24 minutes ago, filpo said:

Okay, thanks all of you for help