glass food containers

Lurking

Currently we have Sterilite plastic food containers in varying sizes (3 - 10 cup size) to store food, freeze food and heat it up in. Now I want something similar, but in glass (except the lid) so that I don't eat all the plasticizers. I sometimes batch-cook, so I need quite a lot to freeze and eat later. 

Obviously there is a lot of choice, and I will need to narrow down. What are the best options to meet most if not all of these criteria?

- should be possible to buy spare lids (those plastic clips to seal wear out over time). This so far is the hardest to find. I'm open to a system that is proven to not fail or wear out for ages. 

- seal liquid tight (at least the smaller ones that I take to work in a backpack)

- rectangle (for storage space efficiency)

- varying sizes and at reasonable cost since I need many. The different sizes could be different brands/models. 

- stackable (I'm not quite sure this is possible with the thicker glass). I mean without a lid they slide into each other to save vertical height.

- readily available if i need to buy more (especially if it is stackable i don't want to match types for a given size)

- dishwasher safe

- microwaveable (I can take off the plastic lid for heating up)

- does NOT need to be oven-safe. Baking would happen in different containers. I'm only interested in storing food and heating up in microwave. 

i looked around, but being able to buy a new lid without a new container and stackable seem difficult options. 

What brands or types should I look into? 

Edit: as an example, this set of 30 oz  and this set of 66 and 83 oz  should cover 99% of my needs. But i can't find lids to buy separately (in case on breaks). Or am i over-thinking the lid breaking? TBH, on my old sterilite only very few lids wore out (where they bend) after very many years of use. 

AMD 9 7900 + Thermalright Peerless Assassin SE

Gigabyte B650m DS3H

2x16GB GSkill 60000 CL30

Samsung 980 Pro 2TB

Fractal Torrent Compact

Seasonic Focus Plus 550W Platinum

W11 Pro

I'd say go with the ones you showed as examples, you'll probably end up breaking one or two before a lid needs replacing. 

4 hours ago, AI_Must_Di3 said:

Id say use these guys: https://www.fillmorecontainer.com/closures/metal-lids.html

They make lids from 2" all the way to 80" around, so im pretty sure you can get as many as you need.They are great for canners supplies. A little bit of prepping going on huh?!?!? You see the writing on the wall too??? 😉

I wasn't looking for canning lids (or round jars). Just normal food storage for the week. Some weeks for some weeks. I then just take a container out of the fridge/freezer and take it to work to heat up. 

i don't think freezing would help a lot for prepping since the freezer needs power 🙂

Gigabyte B650m DS3H

2x16GB GSkill 60000 CL30

Samsung 980 Pro 2TB

Fractal Torrent Compact

W11 Pro

I have some Glass-Lock brand glass storage containers. You can buy replacement lids for them:

https://glasslockusa.com/product-category/oven-safe/rectangles/

I'm pretty sure they tick all your boxes.

The lids are liquid tight, but the rubber seal is a bit annoying to deal with (it's rather small and annoying to pull out of the lid when cleaning).

There are so many brands here that it's hard to give you a good recommendation. There are dozens if not hundreds of brands that will fit your needs.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

27 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

I have some Glass-Lock brand glass storage containers. You can buy replacement lids for them:

https://glasslockusa.com/product-category/oven-safe/rectangles/

I'm pretty sure they tick all your boxes.

The lids are liquid tight, but the rubber seal is a bit annoying to deal with (it's rather small and annoying to pull out of the lid when cleaning).

There are so many brands here that it's hard to give you a good recommendation. There are dozens if not hundreds of brands that will fit your needs.

Thanks. Wife and i decided to get two of these Snapware sets to start with and then buy more of the sizes we need most. Quick googling says snapware also sells lids separately. 

Gigabyte B650m DS3H

2x16GB GSkill 60000 CL30

Samsung 980 Pro 2TB

Fractal Torrent Compact

W11 Pro