Best program to start programming

angrylemon

so ive been wandering what is a good program to start out programming?

If you wish to learn how to program without any previous experience ~ I would suggest you to start learning Python. You only need to install the latest Python version on your Windows PC and you can start to code using Notepad. If you want better functionality, something like Notepad++ will be ideal.

Best of Luck! :)

i am very new to programming and i like using Eclipse

If you wish to learn how to program without any previous experience ~ I would suggest you to start learning Python. You only need to install the latest Python version on your Windows PC and you can start to code using Notepad. If you want better functionality, something like Notepad++ will be ideal.

Best of Luck! :)

Nooooooo no no no no no....python sucks balls, don't want OP confusing it with an actual programming language.

Try Java or C#...

Nooooooo no no no no no....python sucks balls, don't want OP confusing it with an actual programming language.

Try Java or C#...

Java and C# are great but they can be pretty hard to get into. Python is easy and it explains all the basics of OO languages very effectively. Making it ideal for first time learners. And you can make wonderful things with Python even if it isn't as powerful as C++ or JAVA.

Try Java or C#...

It is most certainly an actual programming language. The difference is that it is designed for scripting, not "programming." That being said, it still supports object-oriented concepts, classes w/ inheritance, etc. and has great API documentation.

I would highly recommend it for beginners trying to learn basic concepts.

[spoiler=My Current PC]AMD FX-8320 @ 4.2 Ghz | Xigmatek Dark Knight Night Hawk II | Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 | 8GB Adata XPG V2 Silver 1600 Mhz RAM | Gigabyte 3X Windforce GTX 770 4GB @ 1.27 Ghz/7.25 Ghz | Rosewill Hive 550W Bronze PSU | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Samsung Evo 250 GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | ASUS VS239H-P | Razer Deathadder 2013 Partlist

LTT Build-Off Thread: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/35226-the-ltt-build-off-thread-no-building-required/

Try Java or C#...

It's posts like this that I wish these forums had a down vote system.

Java was the first language I learned and knowing it makes all other languages a lot easier to learn.

Try Java or C#...

What is Python if not an "actual programming language"? What do you think a programming language is?

What is Python if not an "actual programming language"? What do you think a programming language is?

He's a troll, let him go.